• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Cutting The Cord

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is for those who have or need to tune into themselves and are looking for checkpoints and guides as to how and what goes into getting right with one's self.

As a 9, I've noted an uncanny ability to read people's subconscious and tune into their needs and motivations. So much so that my selves were all but lost and atrophied somewhere behind me. I've cared for many, but have never been in a relationship; Its been a one way street of self-sacrifice for quite some time, and until recently, where I denied the nagging feeling I was on the wrong road.

By moving to another city on the other side of the US and ditching my cell phone, I cut the cord and dropped a crippling amount of psychological weight and am feeling MY emotions and MY problems and MY impulses without needless interruption. Here is the tricky part: it wasn't a cell phone or a city that brought the burden, it was me. MEEEEEE. That is what it means to be a healthy-9, the all-receiver: to lend your finite capacity for sympathy to whomever needs it while maintaining your beloved tranquility, and stopping at the point where you start to grow weary and angry of other's stuff while yours goes neglected.

Your old attitudes will not tolerate a servile and gentle death. You must take your sympathy and for once give yourself credit. Your easy and graceful sensuality are much more appealing when you're not a doormat or a sucker for the "down on his/her luck and could benefit from my affection" story. To shed said skin, I recommend a heavy dose of solitude and autonomy. This includes thinking on your own ideas on any given subject and NOT deferring to another for the answer, sitting in your room with nothing but the sound of your breath and the lights off, and going to "social" events and not inviting anyone.

When you start to feel an emptiness, know that its not because you're not with someone, its that you don't know of anyone that will take an interest in you they way that you can take an interest in them. Know that with all relationships, its two individuals coming together to make something higher, not to two desperate and co-dependent saps coming together for the sake of their own insecurities. That market is saturated like Paula Deen's cooking.

How are you evolving?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well said…

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Go where you are celebrated, not where you're likely to enable. Remember to look for your equals and not your clients when gazing into someone's eyes.