• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Colin Kaepernick’s White Privilege Exposed

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like him. I respect anyone who stands up for their beliefs and principles even at the risk of damaging their career. People who call his patriotism into question need to maybe evaluate exactly what reasons they're patriotic. If the USA was founded on principles of free speech then we are free to disagree but we can at least respect when others feel there is a problem and speak up accordingly. Otherwise, we're only doing empty lip service if we scream 'free speech,' then lambast someone who exercises said free speech.

S16M4

Permabanned
Definitely will not draft him to my fantasy team, not because of this, but because he's made out of glass.

He's the next Tebow.

Beorn

Permabanned
No recent controversy has made me more mad than this has and that's probably due to the responses from my friends and people I look up to.

1. The Star Spangled banner is racist. Key was celebrating the death of slaves dying in ships in the Baltimore harbor as they fought for freedom with the British.
Slavery and the national anthem: The surprising history behind Colin Kaepernick's protest - CNN.com

2. 200 years later Baltimore is still a place filled with state oppression of blacks.
Baltimore's DOJ report: The 6 most egregious examples - CNN.com

3. The only reason why a guy sitting during a song is a big deal is because of the gross convergence of the statist civil religion and football religion that thrives on the right.

4. Social problems within the black community has jack shit to do with any of this.

Beorn

Permabanned
5. The fact that protest of the nation is equivalent with disrespecting the military goes to show that we have tendencies toward being a military state.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
First, can I just.... "He just calls Donald Trump openly racist without providing any evidence to prove that".. Omfg.

K, seriously though.

I see a lot of my military fam treating this as if he's spitting in their face. I fail to see how it's even remotely connected to service members.

Also, I don't see, even a tiiny teeny bit, how this guy making it big (in most scenarios I would say his parents and his skin tone itself even had some influence.. but with football in particular even not-so-rich people have an opportunity if they play well) inhibits his ability to see injustice. "ONLY IN AMERICA WILL YOU GET THIS OPPORTUNITY!".. Yeah, no shit. Who cares. Are you blackmailing him into being Captain America or else? Lame empty threats as if he just signed his soul away to become a football player. What does America doing.. Literally what it's known for doing (creating opportunities for all)... have to do with him saying "Hey, I see the way you're treating my kin, and I don't respect that." He works hard in a system we created to reward people who work hard at playing football. So... No, he doesn't owe blind allegiance and faith to the whole country. It's a business transaction.

Beorn is totally on point with the song being racist af (I remember a history professor having a different song picked out that historically made things a lot nicer.. but I cannot remember the song..) | National Review this guy suggested Hail Columbia and America the Beautiful being much better alternatives for a national anthem... I personally would like to see a national call for a song writer and orchestra to create an entirely new anthem.. One that represents America itself... Not centered around a battle or war.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
He has a strong resemblance to the character Bubbs from The Wire.
bubbles-300.jpg

The reason why he's upset so many people is because he falsely accused the entire nation of oppressing minorities and some people don't like to be called racist. Yes, he was bold, but so is the guy who puts his head in the alligator's mouth.

S16M4

Permabanned
The reason why he's upset so many people is because he falsely accused the entire nation of oppressing minorities and some people don't like to be called racist. Yes, he was bold, but so is the guy who puts his head in the alligator's mouth.

He's like...4th string. He doesn't even matter.

To segway off your point, I think it's because the flag represents all the good America did in most peoples eyes. Sure, America has done shitty shit. Which country hasn't?

These days, Americans in general lead with their feels and you get retarded shit like this happening. This light skinned brotha just wanted to feel relevant in the eyes of BLM while sitting on millions. Light skinned brothas are always trying to prove their blackness.

Beorn

Permabanned
"Political correctness is ruining this country and we need to end it as soon as we put these disrespectful football players in their place."

-@popehat