• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cold war 2.0

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

To be honest in my opinion: if some nukes will be used they will be used just in Ukraine (and probably just against concentrations of Ukraine's army). The odds that this will involve NATO that will fire back are quite low. However if Ukraine starts to take more ground again it is possible that the Russians will use "panic nuke". Therefore that risk exists and it is on Ukrainians. However that is the risk they all took in the moment when they decided to resist and they all know it. Therefore this is basically the only place where there is actual risk with nuclear weapons.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
tbh i feel like we never really left the first one; sure there was a reboot in the early 00's after the decade of summer and earth tone and turquise that was the 90's But most things were rebooted in the early 00's to incentivize the culture to stay divided and manageable. A cold war is as far as I can tell one of the easiest ways to take advantage of both the 34th and 35th rules of Acquisition: (34: War is good for business. 35: Peace is good for business). in many ways I blame Ted Turner and the grift of the 24 hour news cycle.
It's our one way ticket to midnight; and we're all taking a ride flying the friendly skies of Catch 22 Airlines.

The one bizarre comfort I take from my torturous time in the military is the understanding that what is on the tv news has little to do with what's actually going on and more about manufacturing equal portions outrage and consent. Once you learn how propaganda works and how international signaling works, the fine art of diplomacy being about the tightrope of persuasion and intimidation that's found in the reality between truth and lies; it gets a little easier to be, not less alarmed, but less inclined to panic. As long as the status quo of 60 years ago is the equilibrium our leaders are aspiring to, the madness will continue till the game is called on account of weather. But by then it will most likely be too late to skip out on the check.
All aboard I guess. Tickets please?
02eacfba38ae71cc29d4e5c973b7972ea0ae9fe3.gifv

Oh snap the Ticket's please guy is cut af.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Hi, Margie!

Hi, Alice!
What's the story, morning glory?

What's the word, humming bird?
Have you heard about Putin and Xi?

Did they really get pinned?
Did he kiss him and cry?
Did he pin the pin on?
Or was he too shy?
Well, I heard they got pinned

I'll bet they're not going steady though.