• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Brexit is good

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably good for Northern Irish Republicans and Scottish nationalists, I wager.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I’d say it’s good for the rest of the world. You know, watching a former colonial giant fall. Again.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
At this stage it is kinda irreverent if Brexit is good or not since the UK has already left. It is completely pointless the EU having a nation as a member who does not really want to be there and has forever been causing more hassle than it is worth. As far as the UK is concerned, it always was a very awkward relationship, it tried to make it work but is now hindering everyone. This is why it is a good thing when the transition comes to an end.

A better question should be what should the EU and UK relationship be going forward. Both sides seemingly have agreed a new trade deal and is expected to be announce one tomorrow. Hopefully, this will be a basis for both to reset their relationship by enable both work together going forward and deciding what they need to focus on their own.

Mole

Permabanned
I’d say it’s good for the rest of the world. You know, watching a former colonial giant fall. Again.

It seems we only take pleasure in the fall of Western colonial giants, while we remain discreetly silent about the sins of the largest colonial giant, Turkey and the Ottoman Empire.

It is plainly not colonialism the Left are exercised about, but their hatred of the West.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It seems we only take pleasure in the fall of Western colonial giants, while we remain discreetly silent about the sins of the largest colonial giant, Turkey and the Ottoman Empire.

It is plainly not colonialism the Left are exercised about, but their hatred of the West.

Oh, you think I would spare countries like Turkey, Saudi Arabia and China - or even *le gasp* the US? :) Then you’ve known nothing about me in all the 8 years I’ve been here. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

Anyway, go ahead and take my words out of context if it suits you - I stand by my words.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I say it should be embraced. Even if a person voted remain I don't see it as negative

I'd settle for quiet acceptance from the remainers. I can't expect someone to be too enthusiastic about losing, but those people within the country who still seem to actually want it to fail... Well, that really is slashing your own tyres because you don't like where you're parked.

Mole

Permabanned
Oh, you think I would spare countries like Turkey, Saudi Arabia and China - or even *le gasp* the US? :) Then you've known nothing about me in all the 8 years I've been here. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Anyway, go ahead and take my words out of context if it suits you - I stand by my words.

I admire your stance on your words, and I am waiting for colonial statues to be pulled down in Turkey.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I admire your stance on your words, and I am waiting for colonial statues to be pulled down in Turkey.

Thanks, and on the matter of Turkey I wholeheartedly agree. :)

theablekingedgar

Permabanned

The Ottomans didn't control much of Africa, the Americas, or Asia. the scale is pretty differnt. Even now, the Ottomans' effects on their former holdings aren't that stark. Their major crime imho is not apologising for the Armenian genocide.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everyone has the right to do what they want. I don't see why the minority hates it when democracy/the majority wins.