• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Benefits for running to work in the morning?

Standuble

Hello,

Back in the day I used to run (or jog) to work (there and back) which totals at about seven miles or so. I used to be able to do this every day and would do so through choice most times (I think my record was two weeks continuously) but I've fallen out of habit in the past six months or so (mostly out of laziness).

Is this a good method of exercise of a morning? I have read that the optimal time for exercise is early evening and I have observed that my body is less sluggish and more agile when I run between five and six pm than it is when I run to bus stops of a morning (a morning run to work would start at about seven am which would be within 30-45 minutes after I wake up). I have also read a debated idea that early morning serious effort can carry health risks e.g. increased risk of heart attack and wouldn't want to offset the advantages I'm trying to create (good health and fitness but also the chance to have my imagination run wild).

Can anyone offer any advice?

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello,

Back in the day I used to run (or jog) to work (there and back) which totals at about seven miles or so. I used to be able to do this every day and would do so through choice most times (I think my record was two weeks continuously) but I've fallen out of habit in the past six months or so (mostly out of laziness).

Is this a good method of exercise of a morning? I have read that the optimal time for exercise is early evening and I have observed that my body is less sluggish and more agile when I run between five and six pm than it is when I run to bus stops of a morning (a morning run to work would start at about seven am which would be within 30-45 minutes after I wake up). I have also read a debated idea that early morning serious effort can carry health risks e.g. increased risk of heart attack and wouldn't want to offset the advantages I'm trying to create (good health and fitness but also the chance to have my imagination run wild).

Can anyone offer any advice?

Morning Exercise Jumpstarts Your Day

Hope this helps! :)