• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BabaDook

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I didn't like this at first. I didn't think it was particularly scary, and I thought it was slightly silly; after discussing it with my boyfriend, I came to the conclusion that it was a very clever and intelligent horror. I would like to re watch it now not purely for the jumps but also for the authencity of the plot.

I also thought the name of the movie was interesting as a lot of people said it was an anagram for
, but also, it that it means
quite interesting...

Creepiest part for me was

What did you think of the movie? What was the creepiest part?

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I actually hated it the first time I saw it as well.

But I've come to appreciate what the woman was supposed to represent. “To confront a person with his own shadow is to show him his own light” Jung.

The real ending

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well I would say that I liked what it represented and I got a particular amount of satisfaction from that, but I didn't really, and it would sound as pretentious as fuck for me to say that I really did.

To me that movie fell flat. It built itself up, but then the weight of it kind of crushed in upon it. While portrayals of the affects of such a tragedy seemed sort of aptish, it was an incredibly intensive movie. Still trying to figure it out, the extent of it beyond I don't know. But I don't usually like portrayals about strong emotions, unless incredibly well done, they tend to fall flat, and this didn't exactly carry to me. I have to edit this later, the energy drinks are making it really difficult to know.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked it enough. I'm so dull to horror movies these days, but this one made me jump a few times. Not perfect, but it did its job.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After all the hype about it, I was expecting it to be better than it was. I liked it, but it wasn't the best horror film I've ever seen, and I don't think it transcended the genre or anything.

I did think the Babadook itself was awesomely creepy. I loved its weird stop-motion movements, and those disturbing clicky sounds it made. I watched it at night when I was home alone, and immediately regretted doing so.

(The kid actually creeped me out more than the Babadook.)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
people people people and octopi do not pay attention to hype. seriously. don't. go into a movie cold then you will have an honest assesment for it.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
After all the hype about it, I was expecting it to be better than it was. I liked it, but it wasn't the best horror film I've ever seen, and I don't think it transcended the genre or anything.

I did think the Babadook itself was awesomely creepy. I loved its weird stop-motion movements, and those disturbing clicky sounds it made. I watched it at night when I was home alone, and immediately regretted doing so.

(The kid actually creeped me out more than the Babadook.)

Really? I didn't find it really scary at all. Kept waiting, but no. But I wrote somewhere else what I thought about the horror genre-it has had its day, and there would need to be something magnificent to really break out of the rut I feel its in. This fits within that, not much out- tries if you squint I guess.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? I didn't find it really scary at all. Kept waiting, but no. But I wrote somewhere else what I thought about the horror genre-it has had its day, and there would need to be something magnificent to really break out of the rut I feel its in. This fits within that, not much out- tries if you squint I guess.
Maybe it's because I'm not a huge fan of the horror genre in general. If I want to be scared, I prefer rollercoasters. I'd live at Six Flags if I could. :D

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went into it cold/blind. Enjoyed it. Appreciate atmosphere/minimal effects.

..This part will always be fucking hilarious, though.