• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask an Ox!

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Want to learn more about a function? I'd suggest you go ask a personality type that uses that function in their auxiliary slot. Why? Simple, I feel dominant users of that function are indeed the best representations of that function, the embodiment of it, though flavored with the auxiliary function behind it, but to use an analogy I used before over in the Ne thread, how do ask a fish to describe water? That's assuming the fish you encounter are able to speak.

Therefore, I'd actually suggest you ask someone that uses that function in their auxiliary position where it's familiar and recognizable enough to define and describe what the function is all about, but they're also not so immersed in that function where it's like trying to explain what the meaning of life is.

I know for me, it's easier to explain Fi than it is to explain Ne, just because I feel Ne permeates through everything in my life, where Fi to me feels more in control. It's always there, but I recognize it for what it is.

But then again, what if I'm actually an INFP... Well then, let all the little poopies hit the fan and foil this suggestion of mine.

What do you think? (about this thought of mine, and not the poopies)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I am thoroughly disappointed with the lack of oxen in this thread.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I am thoroughly disappointed with the lack of oxen in this thread.

Ugh, you're right! I should've included some pictures along with this. I totally baited you into coming into this thread. How mean of me!

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Interesting...I would like to know more about Fi.
And anyone is welcome to ask about my aux Fe.

Dreamer...this may seem radical...but have you considered having tertiary Ne?

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Interesting...I would like to know more about Fi.
And anyone is welcome to ask about my aux Fe.

Dreamer...this may seem radical...but have you considered having tertiary Ne?

Ohh please divulge! I have been wondering about other possible typings and have been really thinking about my thought process more in depth lately too, even while at work or when people are talking to my face, oops!

I'm actually super glad you posted on this thread, because as stupid and fluffed up as I made this thread seem, that title probably doesn't help but I couldn't resist, it popped to mind instantaneously! I was also totally serious with my observation.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought this was gonna be about the Chinese zodiac :( (not that I was born in the year of the ox - but i was interested if there are personality archetypes for the animals too)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Ohh please divulge! I have been wondering about other possible typings and have been really thinking about my thought process more in depth lately too, even while at work or when people are talking to my face, oops!

I'm actually super glad you posted on this thread, because as stupid and fluffed up as I made this thread seem, that title probably doesn't help but I couldn't resist, it popped to mind instantaneously! I was also totally serious with my observation.

I'll write something insightful when I get home. But I suspect you may (may!) be ESFJ, after reading the "People's ENFP" thread.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I thought this was gonna be about the Chinese zodiac :( (not that I was born in the year of the ox - but i was interested if there are personality archetypes for the animals too)

Yaaa, I had a feeling my title may get me into trouble, sorry. I'm year of the Tiger but I don't know too much about what that means, other than that I have two cats in my zodiac, Leo and Tiger :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha getting to know Fe through me? Please.

Idk I think Ni doms are the best to explain Ni though because the lower it goes down the stack all people can say it just pops up while Ni doms are like I know what goes behind it... But I have a hard time explaining it lol.

And maybe the same with Ne doms. :shrug:

*later ED makes a thread "You're not an ENFP."*

"ESFJs are cool." "There are more than just chocolate chip cookies guys."

"What if I told you that cookies can be made with macadamia nuts instead"

mind blown. I thought chocolate chip cookies were the last of its kind. The others failed to propagate their species. Could not withstand the heat of the oven.

"And don't get me started on sugar"

*loss for words*

Showbread: subscribed.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Haha getting to know Fe through me? Please.

Idk I think Ni doms are the best to explain Ni though because the lower it goes down the stack all people can say it just pops up while Ni doms are like I know what goes behind it... But I have a hard time explaining it lol.

And maybe the same with Ne doms. :shrug:

*later ED makes a thread "You're not an ENFP."*

"ESFJs are cool." "There are more than just chocolate chip cookies guys."

"What if I told you that cookies can be made with macadamia nuts instead"

mind blown. I thought chocolate chip cookies were the last of its kind. The others failed to propagate their species. Could not withstand the heat of the oven.

"And don't get me started on sugar"

*loss for words*

Showbread: subscribed.

Hmm I can see that. Ni is sort of nebulous isn't it? Well, with Ne, hmm... I know exactly what's happening and so it can feel rather boring to me. I think it only appears extraordinary when you're not constantly blabbing your thoughts as they're happening, then when you do say something, people just see Ne as super random. But what makes it hard for me to describe is that I feel it potentially infiltrates much deeper into my thinking and alters ways I perceive things, without my conscious approval, it just does it. That's where things can get hazy for me.

And actually, if I were to guess on a different type for me, I'm kind of leaning ESFP or ENTP. I know those two sound retarded to compare in the same stroke, but it basically leans on whether I'm actually sensing my environment and working with tangible data, or not. And whether I'm an NT with good Fe, or not. Basically, I'm sticking to EP for the moment as those characteristics seem most concrete for me. But what usually happens is I'll entertain another type for a while, then feel like something is off, and revert back to ENFP. We'll see what happens down the road.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Want to learn more about a function? I'd suggest you go ask a personality type that uses that function in their auxiliary slot. Why? Simple, I feel dominant users of that function are indeed the best representations of that function, the embodiment of it, though flavored with the auxiliary function behind it, but to use an analogy I used before over in the Ne thread, how do ask a fish to describe water? That's assuming the fish you encounter are able to speak.

Therefore, I'd actually suggest you ask someone that uses that function in their auxiliary position where it's familiar and recognizable enough to define and describe what the function is all about, but they're also not so immersed in that function where it's like trying to explain what the meaning of life is.

I know for me, it's easier to explain Fi than it is to explain Ne, just because I feel Ne permeates through everything in my life, where Fi to me feels more in control. It's always there, but I recognize it for what it is.

But then again, what if I'm actually an INFP... Well then, let all the little poopies hit the fan and foil this suggestion of mine.

What do you think? (about this thought of mine, and not the poopies)

There's a part of me that agrees with this until I actually have conversation with an INJ about Ni or listen to an ITJ talk about Te. I think that people have a more objective understanding of their aux, but I think it's also a more superficial understanding as well.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
There's a part of me that agrees with this until I actually have conversation with an INJ about Ni or listen to an ITJ talk about Te. I think that people have a more objective understanding of their aux, but I think it's also a more superficial understanding as well.

Interesting, thanks for sharing! I can actually see my understanding of Fi in this way, come to think about it. It'd be interesting to hear an INTP or INFP talk about Ne and give that a experience a whirl.