• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are we at the dawn of a new spiritual awakening?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Are we at the dawn of a new spiritual awakening?

“I know from history that this same exact thought has been thought by our ancestors. Let’s just start with the Middle Ages. Every century there where those that thought we were at the beginning of a new awakening.

It’s called ‘emotional reasoning.’ Those that prescribe to this thought really, passionately think, feel and believe this to be the truth.

They are no different than their forebears. Change and an awakening will not start just by believing it to be true.

There must be real constructive changes in education and what we emphasis with our young children.

For me to buy into this thought, I’d at least like a few correlations that we are in the right road of progress.

One is school bullying. It goes on unabated. If we were at a collective awakening, we’d see changes in how we treat each other at this level.

Another correlation would be for our most esteemed leaders to dialogue with reason and not resort to all manner of cognitive distortions.

They talk of ‘Walking Across the Aisle.’ I don’t see it. Most of politics is partisan. I expect from the media and our leaders to use strict cognitive discipline in their communication.

Yet all I see in Washington are cognitive irregularities: “Emotional Reasoning, Labeling, Name Calling, and pejoratives, generalizations, all or nothing thinking, etc.

We are not enlightened. Plato said it himself 2,500 years ago, “Until we develop a society of leaders that are governed with the love of wisdom, that society would continue to suffer in dysfunctional cycles.”

I’ve advocated for children learning at an early age cognitive discipline and knowing what distortions of thought are. Active listening skills and empathy training.

Until these remedial remedies are initiated, we will not grow or evolve no matter that we 100% believe it to be other.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“I have a saying, “Just because I passionately think, feel and believe in something to be true does not necessitate that it is true.”

Unless it can be proven in the here and now by hard research methodology and it’s results replicated.

There are far too many false positivisms and wives tales propagated by new age thought, secular philosophers and yes religions as well.

Positivisms and wives tales that bear no merit when placed under the lens of scientific scrutiny. Thoughts which need to be reality based and stick with objective facts.

In essence all subjectivity is limited. Subjective opinion is merely limited perception. Facts which can be agreed upon would be like the sun is x miles from the earth.

All other subjective opinion, perception, norms and mores which have become dogma and believed need to be constantly evaluated.

Until we learn to question everything without fear and keeping an open mind to scrutinize everything we will be held to beliefs in the unconscious belief system that just don’t add up.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“Knowing is not enough; We must apply. Willing is not enough; We must do.” Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

“Spirituality must be lived, not just studied. All the books in the world will not help us if we do not live what we learn.” Kryon

“Positive thoughts are not enough, there have to be positive feelings and positive actions.” Quote

“To learn verses is not enough. All of the religious scriptures are start points, a direction and a signpost to begin the journey of looking within and this is spiritually.

Yes. It will take us to begin to discover ourselves. To just consciously mouth this, “That I will be positive.” Is not sufficient. We must learn to train our minds, and this has to start at an earlier age than is now.

I don’t understand how people can be so naive to think that if they just have kind thoughts that they are raising their vibration, frequency and ushering in a new dawn in awakening.

This is magical thinking. It will take hard work and needed reforms on how we educate our children for a next generation to even possibly grow and evolve society wide.

#paradigmshift #Society #newrenaissance #awakening #dysfunctionalfamily #dysfunction #magicalthinking #WivesTales #falsepositivisms

I ask myself is the dissemination of false sugary thoughts contribute to the blindness of the human race? Will REAL CHANGE occur without changes in how we raise the next generation?

How can we achieve a Paradigm Shift of NEW AWARENESS and live in a more enlightened society? Will dysfunction continue as I’ve stipulated?

Or will it magically transform as these false premises from religion and new age thought would have us believe?

What makes you think this is true? Where is the proof? It is an opinion. I know history and I know that from 1300, 1400…all the way to the present each generation has maintained that we are at a new age, a new awareness, becoming awake.

It is called ‘Emotional Reasoning. This is in psychology a cognitive distortion. Just because I believe, feel, think something is true does not necessitate it’s true unless it can be substantiated by research science and the results replicated.

If we were at a new dawn of awakening I would at least like to see correlations that would point this out.

One is school bullying. It goes on unabated. There is no new awakening either wise our children would start to see these changes in their own life.

Another correlation which would point that we are in fact achieving a new awareness is the maturity level of our politicians and the media. No both politicians and members of the media continue to speak using cognitive distortions.

These would include among other distortions of thought, emotional reasoning, all or nothing thinking, labeling, pejoratives and name calling.

I think it does a disservice to disseminate information or statements which can’t be backed up. I call them wives tales and false positivisms that have no new merit.

The question I ask myself is the dissemination of false sugary thoughts contribute to the blindness of the human race?

If we want to ACTUALLY GROW and Heal we must start with the children in early education to have a society that learns at a young age

how to be more cognitively mindful and more compassionate and empathetic with their peers. It takes work and changes in how we educate our young to implement a positive change.

Magical change with a positive bent such as love will be the answer and solve all of societies problems is naive. Idealistically non-tenable.

I am making a statement that when this generation of children grow up, become adults and have children of their own, that they too will spouse false positivisms that bear no merit.

This a society of dysfunction continues to breed dysfunction. It is disheartening there is something called false news disseminated by the media and the internet.

This dissemination of statements that bear no merit does not force us too look into a mirror and make real changes.

We live in a reality bubble of untruths. By continuing to spread false positivisms that have no strength or foundation keeps us as children never growing up and looking into the mirror to make REAL CHANGES.

Thus it is destructive wives tales blanketed in flowery language. Nothing comes easy. We are not going to evolve or change miraculously. Why should we?

A good analogy is martial arts training takes discipline, training and hard work. We don’t magically think that we are the worlds greatest martial artist without training.

That is self delusional. By the same token all these new age and religious quotations that say we are at the dawn of a new age is equally absurd.

It can’t and won’t manifest ever without training our youth, and changes to our behavior of how we raise children. We need to focus on early childhood development.

This will require we put in the time, energy and resources into our most precious asset. Our children and with it our future.

It is disheartening that Plato 2,500 years ago said that until society is governed by lovers of wisdom that dysfunction would continue unabated into the far future.

Plato was an idealist but he put forth a hypotheses of how we can actually grow as a society. By having governance by those who are cognitively mindful.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“Since the dawn of humanity. People can never get wiser each generation because they must relive the mistakes of their forebears.

Unfortunately we can’t transcribe lessons we learned unto those who follow. Each generation is born as a blank slate. We can transcribe knowledge. Thus technology increases. Human wisdom does not.

Each generation and every culture throughout the world gain wisdom from certain enlightened individuals. We have not however grown emotionally, spiritually or psychologically since the dawn of time.

Again, not since the dawn of time. Carl Jung said that until we make the unconscious, conscious we will never evolve.

Plato said that until we have leaders who are the lovers of wisdom, we will not evolve. This was said 2,500 years ago.

Dysfunction breeds dysfunction. Until we put in the time, money, resources and effort into these humanitarian efforts we will not evolve. Moreover we can’t until these areas to begin with deserve out time and focus.

This includes the list of the following:
1. Children
2. Education
3. Health Care
4: Decreasing the gap between the super rich and poor
5. Increasing the Human Happiness Ratio of our citizens in this country.

We have had Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Krishna, Mahavira, Buddha, Lao Tzu, Confucius, Moses, Muhammad, and Jesus. We also have the wisdom of the giants in philosophy.

All of the great religions and the greatest of secular philosophers say that the kingdom of heaven is within and that true worth comes from inside.

Yet we live like Socrates said in his famous Allegory of the Cave in shadows and follow these shadows. None will awaken as long as these false values are pursued out of proportion and balance and and then glorified.

1. Sex
2. Beauty
3. Violence
4. Power
5. Wealth
6 Fame

One can not transmit wisdom. Learn all the religious verses you want, go to a church, synagogue or temple regularly.

When one is triggered the person will revert to their base primitive emotions. React out of instinct and guided by their own unconscious thought process.

We have not been taught to think for ourselves in a critical thought manner and learn to be wise on their own. Until you learn to think for yourself, we will not evolve as a society. Moreover to usher in any new beginning has a simple equation.

1. I take total responsibility for my thoughts, feelings, speech, actions and behaviors despite the person or the situation.

Moreover as a species we are projective. We project our own internal reality. This is made up of in the unconscious our cognitive schemas based on our own values, norms, mores.

These stem from parental, peer and societal expectations we received as a child. We then project all this unfairly unto others and all in an unconscious manner.

2. Secondly I will not repay negative energy with negative energy. How another person reacts is a reflection of them. How you react is a reflection of you.

3. This applies to adults. Nobody can make us feel bad. They can only trigger what is already inside. It is a mad cycle. We are a projective species. We become triggered.

Now either one can take responsibility for themselves or else blame others and reality for how we feel. At all times a person who has achieved peace of the mind and has a good healthy internal locus of control and self concept, they will not react outwardly with negativity against others and reality.

These individuals who take personal responsibility will grown emotionally, spiritually and psychologically.

Those who blame others and are negative are as pollution to the human species. They are holding society back with their unknown ignorance.

They get triggered and out comes their own emotional baggage, unresolved issues, unconscious conflicts and they react from an unhealed psychic wound on their part.

Until we break this cycle there will be no Awakening. You can have people waiting for someone outside ourselves to come and bring salvation.

As long as we do not learn to think for ourselves, take responsibility for ourselves and learn to develop wisdom from within, we will never evolve.

To begin with society must put in the time, money, resources, and manpower in certain areas. This should begin in early childhood.

1. Mindfulness of our own subconscious dynamics in the thought process. Being aware of what are cognitive distortions that are in our unconscious. We need to develop our mental discipline and have the tools to eradicate these thought distortions and for us to react more rationally.

2. Empathy skills training.

3. Active Listening Skills.

These are just the basics. Until if and when I see the time and resources put in these areas, I believe it is a Pollyanna belief that we can usher in a new awakening.” LightSun

Dittleatized

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE