• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another Dimension

Mole

Permabanned
Listening to my unconscious is like entering another dimension. I leave the dimension of consciousness and enter the dimension of the unconscious.

This is more difficult than it sounds because my conscious knows nothing of my unconscious, and has been taught to suppress my unconscious. Also I have discovered the open and naive expression of my unconscious in public is openly rejected.

My unconscious tries to express itself in my behaviour and in my desires. Not having a voice my unconscious shows but can't tell.

But slowly and privately I have befriended my unconscious by finding a completely safe and comfortable place and simply listen to my unconscious, I just let it run until it is satisfied. My unconscious goes through various stages, first it relaxes, then it thinks all the thoughts it wants to think without any hinderance, and when it is satisfied with thinking, it enters the dimension of my imagination, and I let it run until it is satisfied. And then, all of a sudden, something magical happens, and I am wide awake but all thoughts and imaginings cease. My world is exactly the same but without thoughts or imaginings. What's it like? It is like absolutely nothing. This takes many hours to complete, on many occasions. It is a bit like learning to play the piano, it takes sustained practice.

Lark

You should read Elric of Melnibone, this is how sorcery works in that novel.

Mole

Permabanned
You should read Elric of Melnibone, this is how sorcery works in that novel.

I think it is a vulgar mistake to confuse scorcery with our unconscious.

The purpose of befriending our unconscious is to free us from unconscious imperatives. While the purpose of scorcery, quite like ideology, is power and control.

Lark

I think it is a vulgar mistake to confuse scorcery with our unconscious.

The purpose of befriending our unconscious is to free us from unconscious imperatives. While the purpose of scorcery, quite like ideology, is power and control.

Be that as it may, its a good fictional read.

You might enjoy it, might not, its up to you at the end of the day, just a source I suspect would resonate with you from what you posted.

Mole

Permabanned
Befriending my unconscious has left me with a friend who is always bubbling away, has a mind of its own, and provides a warm and comfortable place to go. And my unconscious is useful in going to sleep, in solving problems my conscious mind finds insoluble, in reading my heart, and in forming good habits, and looking into the intentions and hearts of others.

And the only price I paid was learning to listen.

Mole

Permabanned
My conscious and my unconscious talk to each other. My conscious asks questions and my unconscious answers.

I ask questions with a positive outcome such as, "Why am I happy?", or "Why am I successful?", or "Why do I have good relations with people?". And my unconscious gives me the answers.

It is important to ask positive questions on a regular basis, and important not to try to answer the questions consciously, but to wait for the unconscious to answer.

Of course we can invent our own positive questions to ask our unconscious. And this spiritual exercise is likely to enhance our lives.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try lucid dreaming, it's a legitimate way to commune with the subconscious without the ego blocking the full spectrum of your emotionality.

Mole

Permabanned
Try lucid dreaming, it's a legitimate way to commune with the subconscious without the ego blocking the full spectrum of your emotionality.

I think both the conscious and the unconscious are equally important, and each have a job to do.

In our impatience for results we can seek to block our conscious, this criples us spiritually as we need our conscious ego to know good from bad, desirable from undesirable, love from hate. Our conscious is like the rudder of a ship, we need our conscious for direction, and our conscious becomes busy with the important details of life, while our unconscious takes a wider view.

It is truly important to end the war between our conscious and unconscious for us to flourish.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mole, I read your first post in Rod Serling's voice. Hope that's OK with you.

Mole

Permabanned
Mole, I read your first post in Rod Serling's voice. Hope that's OK with you.

For Rod Serling and the Twilight Zone click Rod Serling intro for The Twilight Zone's "He's Alive" - YouTube.

As we fall asleep every night we enter the twilight zone called the hypnagogic trance just as we fall asleep, and just as we wake up in the morning we pass through the twilight zone also called the hypnagogic trance, hypnagogic trance - Google Search.

In the twilight zone we are half asleep and half awake and quite suggestible. And the twilight zone is quite a pleasant place to be and often we try to prolong it by not wanting to get up and become fully awake. Frederico Garcia Lorca says we wake to the ant's bite, from the warm trance of half awake and half a sleep. Being awake bites like ants -

I want to sleep the sleep of the apples,
I want to get far away from the busyness of the cemeteries.
I want to sleep the sleep of that child
who longed to cut his heart open far out at sea.

I don't want them to tell me again how the corpse keeps all its blood,
how the decaying mouth goes on begging for water.
I'd rather not hear about the torture sessions the grass arranges for
nor about how the moon does all its work before dawn
with its snakelike nose.

I want to sleep for half a second,
a second, a minute, a century,
but I want everyone to know that I am still alive,
that I have a golden manger inside my lips,
that I am the little friend of the west wind,
that I am the elephantine shadow of my own tears.

When it's dawn just throw some sort of cloth over me
because I know dawn will toss fistfuls of ants at me,
and pour a little hard water over my shoes
so that the scorpion claws of the dawn will slip off.

Because I want to sleep the sleep of the apples,
and learn a mournful song that will clean all earth away from me,
because I want to live with that shadowy child
who longed to cut his heart open far out at sea.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You might enjoy some hypnagogic and vaporwave music

Mole

Permabanned
Frederico Garcia Lorca had the perfect marriage of his conscious and his unconscious. His consciousness provided direction and control, while his unconscious was pure magic.

His only mistake was not to keep quiet in the face of Roman Catholic Fascism in Spain. So the Right Wing Catholics executed him.

Mole

Permabanned
My consciousness worries what to write, and can't see outside of itself. It is pretty helpless really, but likes to think it in charge.

And it is only when I have completely failed am not only hopeless but helpless that my unconscious comes to life. I remember the first time: I had failed at university academically and socially, and I was sitting in my car facing a blank concrete wall in a University College. And I remember my relief when my unconscious told me it was OK to just continue looking at the wall. I would like to say I have continued staring at the wall ever since, and there is a sense in which I have: in the sense that life has become my wall. This has served me well as I was ostracisd to the Graveyard for a long time, and I had nothing to stare at but the walls. And. I can't say the walls came to life, but instead my unconscious came to life.

I wake every morning from my unconscious dreams to my consciousness who worries about what to do, and I have to learn every day that life is my wall.

kingsizexx

Listening to my unconscious is like entering another dimension. I leave the dimension of consciousness and enter the dimension of the unconscious.

This is more difficult than it sounds because my conscious knows nothing of my unconscious, and has been taught to suppress my unconscious. Also I have discovered the open and naive expression of my unconscious in public is openly rejected.

My unconscious tries to express itself in my behaviour and in my desires. Not having a voice my unconscious shows but can't tell.

But slowly and privately I have befriended my unconscious by finding a completely safe and comfortable place and simply listen to my unconscious, I just let it run until it is satisfied. My unconscious goes through various stages, first it relaxes, then it thinks all the thoughts it wants to think without any hinderance, and when it is satisfied with thinking, it enters the dimension of my imagination, and I let it run until it is satisfied. And then, all of a sudden, something magical happens, and I am wide awake but all thoughts and imaginings cease. My world is exactly the same but without thoughts or imaginings. What's it like? It is like absolutely nothing. This takes many hours to complete, on many occasions. It is a bit like learning to play the piano, it takes sustained practice.

where did you buy such good shrooms?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
where did you buy such good shrooms?

Mole doesn’t take psychedelic mushrooms. In fact, when mushrooms wish to reach transcendence, they take a little Mole to facilitate that process.

Mole

Permabanned
Mole doesn’t take psychedelic mushrooms. In fact, when mushrooms wish to reach transcendence, they take a little Mole to facilitate that process.

What a lovely charming post, from a lovely charming person.

Mole

Permabanned
A marriage is not only the merging of our soma, our bodies, but also the merging of our psyches. Our soma are visible and tactile, while our psyches are largely invisible and untouchable.

In the same way our conscious is in our face, while our unconscious is invisible and beyond touch. So it is important to remember our unconscious has been selected by nature over billions of years, and deserves our respect and awe.

Mole

Permabanned
We are born without control, even of our sphincter. We are born without a controlling ego, and slowly year by year we struggle, in mein kampf, as our brain slowly grows until we are about 22 years of age, and we reach the height of our control with a fully developed brain and ego.

And little does our brand new ego, our brand new pair of roller skates, know anything of our independent and powerful unconscious.

At the height of our ego at about 22 years our happiness depends on falling in love with our unconscious. So we practise falling in love with another ego. This marriage of egos is unsatisfactory and we long to fall in love with our unconscious.