• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Among men is fatness a measure of entitlement?

I know it may seem a silly topic, but it seems like a lot of guys who are really fat in part eat to excess out of a sense of entitlement or their fatness is a measure of how much they are into fulfilling their own desires rather than others? I guess the stereotype is the fat old bld guy in a suit who smokes cigars or someone like Donald Trump who is really fat but expects the women in his life to literally be supermodels. With women, it seems almost the opposite? Like fatness is related to a sense of "loss of control" or often among poor women I have noticed they use weight gain to keep away overly aggressive men? What are your thoughts on all of this? Obviously everyone has different body sizes and some people are naturally going to be bigger than others this thread is not about shaming anyone, but about what a person is "saying" with extreme weight gain? What does it reveal about their mind? For some it is like a cry for help for others it is like a, "Fuck you!'

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ever seen Naruto?

Lark

Or it could be a thread seeking to solicit information about members of the forum, in particular their vulnerabilities or strong affects attached to behaviour, ie eating, not eating etc.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Or it could be a thread seeking to solicit information about members of the forum, in particular their vulnerabilities or strong affects attached to behaviour, ie eating, not eating etc.

Perhaps. But correlation is merely on the path to causation.

Whereas one sees the correlation between the mind and the body, they are both, in reality, a correlation between the individual and the environment. Whereas one sees the correlation between the individual and the environment, they are both, in reality, a correlation between people and their intended purposes. Whereas one sees the correlation between people and their intended purpose, they are both, in reality, a correlation between the need and the self. And at the end of it all, we find the causation, which is the need to know the purpose of the self. And when we enter into such things, we enter into God's realm, and can thus see that our curses were our divine blessings all along.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think at one time, this was the case. A comfortable life, prosperous, a family and children and so on, weight gain would show they were successful and didn't have to care about attracting a woman because they had a wife. If a man was that successful and powerful and it showed, they could have any woman they wanted, regardless of how they looked and that's often the case now, with some men.

On the other hand, many studies show that the more educated with more wealth have better health. Healthier food, consistent health care, the means to hire a trainer, buy a gym membership or home equipment. This is more of the experience I've had but I have seen everything mentioned in the OP. I think weight gain is considered a loss of control in women and I know one woman who put on weight strictly to get her husband to divorce her. I don't know exactly why she took this route but it worked. It's a terrible double standard but it's accurate. All I can say is as you age, you have to eat well and be at least a little active. It's not even optional for me, or my husband so we do this together.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think so. I do see quite a few men who are almost completely out of shape, not Biggest Loser size, but extremely large bellies, past the the little pot of a dad bod and bordering on full on Santa Claus, who seem to believe they still "deserve" women who, if not thin, are still height/weight proprotionate, or fitter than they are.

A lot of younger guys, I would say no, especially on the West coast, I think between hipsters, fitness junkies, entertainment industry types and the growing number of male vegans, there is just as much responsibilty placed on men for health and fitness.

I think some men suffer the delusion that only men care about appearance, when I see guys who are total slobs, who would probably cringe if approached by a similar woman. Even overweight women are expected to have pretty faces and be clean or otherwise well groomed - in fact in some subcultures, it appears bigger women are more likely to dress professionally and have their nails and hair done, as a sign that they still care about their appearance even if they are obese.

Mole

Permabanned
Well, if men are turned on visually and women are turned on aurally, that is, if men are turned on with their eyes, and women are turned on with their ears, it is in the interests of men to cultivate their voice, just as it is in the interests of women to cultivate their looks.

Today it is plain that quite a few men cultivate their looks in gymnasiums, and virtually no men cultivate their voice with voice trainers.

So men have been seduced into acting like women, in the vain hope that women will like them.

There is a reason for this - just as manual labour has been superseded by machines, so manual labour has risen in status, and manual labour has moved from building sites and the fields to the gymnasiums. So perhaps men frequent gymnasiums not so much to improve their looks but to improve their status. And we know women are attracted to men of higher status.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Males should be fit so they can survive among the wild beasts that walk the Earth, and women should be well fed and have excess stores to support their children and themselves through tough times of famine.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
It's done to express a gravity of consumption, so that one may weigh up their standing, in order not to roll down the hill into a rotund depression of blubbering unhappiness at a loss in girth of influence.

On such subjects we all tend to chew the fat. But the real meat requires examining a self's own depth amongst the folds.

We sure are gluttons for punishment.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've used weight gain to deter unwanted male attention.

I think largeness in size is respected in men. They want to be massive in order to be physically powerful. Not necessarily fatness as much as mass. Women, in this framework, want to me small. So that they're not stepping on a man's toes as far as who holds the power.

While this is definitely one subset of society, I think there are plenty who have broken free from it in one way or another. I know more and more men who want to be thin and more and more women celebrating their thick legs and curvy bodies.