• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Critique of the Pi Functions

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'm saying I've met people like that IRL, and I think they're less intelligent or less educated Ns. Stupid Ss aren't fun people to talk to, but they'll rake your yard or greet you at Walmart. I'm not suggesting ALL Ns are like that...I think Ns just presume they're more intelligent by ignoring the stupid of their own kind.

Also, Si is more complicated than memory. I'm too tired to go into it right now, but I've posted about it many times on the forum.

Ok, yeah I think I know the sort of people you're referring to.

I'll hopefully get around to reading your descriptions. I'm quite tired myself at the moment.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It must be because of the nature of introverted / extroverted abstraction that makes the functions seem more favourable in MBTI definitions, and therefore associated with intelligence. Because Si is a sensing function, it is a grounded function, concerned with the internal state, that makes people simplify these definitions into "routine", memory, and even tradition. These simple definitions make Si seem like a boring function, when it was actually originally described as a very "artistic" function because of it's subjective sensory impressions, as others have mentioned on this thread. Indeed many people I know in real life are also SJs, including some of those in my art class.

The comparisons of Si and Ni can be quite poor I've noticed, often exaggerating how boring SJs are, like boring people who are only interested in daily life activities, whilst NJs aspire to change the world apparently (probably related to the big picture and generalized perception that MBTI describes as intuition combined with function definitions).