• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2020 Democratic Party primary thread

Jaguar

No. Telling a room of wealthy investors "nothing will change for you if I'm elected". While not necessarily indicative of corruption, it will be taken as indicative of a desire to maintain the economic status quo, something that isn't going to sit well with your average middle or lower class voter who will be likely to look at Biden's long service in the government and wonder what he's done to take the strain off their shoulders while a few fat cats continued to get richer benefitting from laws passed on his watch.
that's the sort of crap that hurt Romney in 2012. Remember the leaked phone video that bartender or waiter dude took?

All I want is for Dems to stop operating in a circular firing squad and tell the American people why they are the best choice for president. In short, I want them to cut the shit and get on with it. All of this endless gossip is not productive. For anyone.

As do I, but my point was that I don't think most voters do care about experience.

Perhaps they have now learned what a grifter-in-chief can do not only to the USA, but the rippling affects it can have around the world. Every time I hear a farmer talk about how his life has been nearly destroyed by Trump and that even if he's voted out of office, they may never regain the amount of business they had since their former customers are now dealing with another country for their product, I hold on to the hope that it has made them all wiser. And that they can somehow rise again.

I was disturbed by a scene from a documentary I watched the other night on Frontline. It was Steven Bannon talking, something to the effect of: "Our goal wasn't to unite the country." I just kind of sat there saying, you've got to fucking be kidding me. It's like a bunch of asshole terrorists stormed the cockpit of an airliner called The USA, never allowing the plane to land. For years.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
All I want is for Dems to stop operating in a circular firing squad and tell the American people why they are the best choice for president. In short, I want them to cut the shit and get on with it. All of this endless gossip is not productive. For anyone.

Perhaps they have now learned what a grifter-in-chief can do not only to the USA, but the rippling affects it can have around the world. Every time I hear a farmer talk about how his life has been nearly destroyed by Trump and that even if he's voted out of office, they may never regain the amount of business they had since their former customers are now dealing with another country for their product, I hold on to the hope that it has made them all wiser. And that they can somehow rise again.

The farmer will probably vote for Trump anyway because of the subsidies he's gotten and because of the immigrants, even though he uses them to pick his fields.

I was disturbed by a scene from a documentary I watched the other night on Frontline. It was Steven Bannon talking, something to the effect of: "Our goal wasn't to unite the country."

I didn't need to watch a documentary to know that.

Jaguar

The farmer will probably vote for Trump anyway because of the subsidies he's gotten

Actually, the farmers I'm speaking of said they don't want subsidies, they want to work at full capacity. Dignity means the world to them.

I didn't need to watch a documentary to know that.

Nor did I. The point was that he actually said it on camera.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not like Bannon has ever tried too hard to hide his plans anyway.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Actually, the farmers I'm speaking of said they don't want subsidies, they want to work at full capacity. Dignity means the world to them.

They haven't worked a full capacity in decades, they have lived by the subsidies, often what trickles down from the largest producers. Feel free to check on that. I know a lot of farmers and what they want is to not be threatened and forced by everyone from the USDA to the Dairy Farmers of America to sell their land and livestock to a huge, often foreign corporate farms.

Jaguar

They haven't worked a full capacity in decades, they have lived by the subsidies, often what trickles down from the largest producers. Feel free to check on that. I know a lot of farmers and what they want is to not be threatened and forced by everyone from the USDA to the Dairy Farmers of America to sell their land and livestock to a huge, often foreign corporate farms.

You guys aren't fans of what people actually say on TV are you? Odd.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I live in an agricultural area, this is what the farmers say. I mean when they aren't working a second or third job to keep the lights on and food in the fridge.

Jaguar

I live in an agricultural area, this is what the farmers say. I mean when they aren't working a second or third job to keep the lights on and food in the fridge.

That's fine, but I'm not deaf and I'm not blind. I was quoting farmers. Not robots.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But we should also consider the rights and concerns of robot farmers too. Just throwing that out there.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

If you are implying what they say on TV is at all accurate most of the time, you are part of the problem with politics. It is honestly all fucking showbiz, and they are trying to milk any sensationalism they can for profit. The real stories are always left in the dirt, and no one likes to talk about the good shit.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you are implying what they say on TV is at all accurate most of the time, you are part of the problem with politics. It is honestly all fucking showbiz, and they are trying to milk any sensationalism they can for profit. The real stories are always left in the dirt, and no one likes to talk about the good shit.

0:25

I bet half of you cowards don’t even click on this video

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
0:25

I bet half of you cowards don’t even click on this video

I did and I deeply regret it. There is so much to say about this (and why I consider it a shitty video) but I don't have time for a point by point rebuttal. But watching it has lowered my quality of life for the last half hour and might continue to do so for a little more. I'm angry.

Thanks a lot!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did and I deeply regret it. There is so much to say about this (and why I consider it a shitty video) but I don't have time for a point by point rebuttal. But watching it has lowered my quality of life for the last half hour and might continue to do so for a little more. I'm angry.

Thanks a lot!

any time, dudette.

always happy to shatter popular narratives and ruin someone's day.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
any time, dudette.

always happy to shatter popular narratives and ruin someone's day.

Nah, I consider the video itself a badly made piece of propaganda and spindoctoring. Nothing new here either. She basically repeats Esther Vilar talking points from the 1970s.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, I consider the video itself a badly made piece of propaganda and spindoctoring. Nothing new here either. She basically repeats Esther Vilar talking points from the 1970s.

I'll look forward to reading your point-by-point rebuttal.

I will admit it's a little rough and amateurish, not quite up to the level of Gillette's or other companies' "marketing" departments.

On a side-note, the director of the film that clip is pulled from has posted all of the interviews from said film in their full, uncut forms, minus any extraneous graphics, voiceovers, etc. So if you think the clip is propaganda edited to manipulate, you can always watch the full unedited version(s) of the interview(s), and you know, maybe come to your own educated conclusion(s). For a real laugh, check out her interviews with Ms magazine editor Katherine Spillar and Michael Kimmel. Real comedy gold, you can't make this shit up. I joke, Spillar actually makes one or two good points on police culture.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

So what is the "good shit"? Because I agree that msm does not cover anything other than Trump and I don't fucking care about what he tweets or says and I don't believe anything out of this administration. That's why I've taken to watching stuff like NewsNet – More News. More Often. which has no opinion journalism so no slant either way.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Can Bernie Sanders Save Capitalism? Antitrust Expert Weighs In. - Barrons

Sanders’ proposal would also change the character of corporations themselves. Corporations are creatures of the state; their behavior is already driven and constrained by legal norms. It was a judge who ruled that Jim Buckmaster and Craig Newmark, the creators of Craigslist, were not permitted to protect their community-oriented approach to running their successful business, forcing them to accommodate their powerful, monetization-minded shareholder, eBay, in a joust for corporate control. Sanders’ plan would institute federal corporate charters, using them to modify the shareholder primacy norm, including workers and other stakeholders’ interests in corporate decision-making. It would also provide directly for a worker role in corporate governance, through the election of corporate directors.