• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2020 Democratic Party primary thread

Jaguar

The Twittering Dickwad said:
Oh no, Beto just dropped out of race for President despite him saying he was “born for this.” I don’t think so!

Why don't you go blackmail another country to rig the 2020 election? Loser.

Nicodemus

Guarantee he will run for the senate now. Just like everyone told to him months ago. Dumbass.
He could run for mayor in El Paso and actually win. He seems better suited to that role. I am not sure he would be successful running for the Senate in the near future.

Jaguar

Warren Has a (Fantasy) Plan - WSJ

Her financing and savings ideas for Medicare for All bear no relation to reality. She continues to claim that this will cost “not one penny in middle-class tax increases.” She walks on water too. Ms. Warren is trying to sell an illusion and make it sound like political courage. Donald Trump’s boast that Mexico would pay for the wall was more believable.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe if Mexico had paid for the wall, it would be less penetrable.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Warren Has a (Fantasy) Plan - WSJ

Her financing and savings ideas for Medicare for All bear no relation to reality. She continues to claim that this will cost “not one penny in middle-class tax increases.” She walks on water too. Ms. Warren is trying to sell an illusion and make it sound like political courage. Donald Trump’s boast that Mexico would pay for the wall was more believable.

Biden's evidently in fourth place in Iowa. :)

Honestly, the only thing that matters to me is that he loses the primary. Biden'll just run Hillary's campaign again and lose again.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Beto reminds me of the Robert Redford character in that movie The Candidate.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Honestly, the only thing that matters to me is that he loses the primary. Biden'll just run Hillary's campaign again and lose again.

he's a boomer neolib. we've had enough of them ruining the country

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Warren's fucking meme team...omg.

Jaguar

My post was about Warren's fuzzy math and you reply to me about Biden. I don't care what Joe Biden does in Iowa.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My post was about Warren's fuzzy math and you reply to me about Biden. I don't care what Joe Biden does in Iowa.

That's good, because if you don't want Trump to be reelected, you'd better hope he loses the primary. Biden's not electable in this climate.

Jaguar

Elizabeth Warren suggested Joe Biden was in the ‘wrong’ primary. He fired back hard.
Joe Biden accuses Elizabeth Warren of 'elitism' in escalating feud | Boston.com

Biden, who has amped up his attacks on Warren as she has risen in Democratic primary polls, went on to say that her response to his Medicare for All criticism reflected “an angry unyielding viewpoint that has crept into our politics” and a “my-way-or-the-highway” approach.

“But it’s worse than that,” he said. “It’s condescending to the millions of Democrats who have a different view. It’s representative of an elitism that working and middle class people do not share: ‘We know best; you know nothing.'”

Careful, Joe. The little school teacher will come along and smack your wrist with her ruler. ;)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
considering it's becoming more common for older farts to run, I'm a little bummed Wesley Clark isn't running, even if he is part of the Clinton circle. This was probably the last time he could have run. He'll be like 78 or 79 next time. I'd love to see a real badass vet put the smackdown on Trump, a rich kid who weaseled out of serving and just plays at being a badass.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Some of the stuff I can see:

1. If Biden indeed loses most of early states that could indeed snowball down the road since it opens questions.

2. He will do well in the south and when GE hits most of this support will be useless, while the rest of the country will not be too enthusiastic. From what I have seen this is what basically happened to Hillary, since the USA doesn't pick purely on popular vote country wide.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some of the stuff I can see:

1. If Biden indeed loses most of early states that could indeed snowball down the road since it opens questions.

2. He will do well in the south and when GE hits most of this support will be useless, while the rest of the country will not be too enthusiastic. From what I have seen this is what basically happened to Hillary, since the USA doesn't pick purely on popular vote country wide.

Good point. I've said many times that Biden winning the primary will be a repeat of 2016 (but then there's a certain segment of Biden boosters that's pobably ok with that since even if they don't like Trump, they benefit from his tax cuts).

but hey maybe biden could win georgia if he visits there enough rather than wasting time visiting places like wisconsin.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Democrats in Battleground States Prefer Moderate Nominee, Poll Shows
A New York Times/Siena College survey in six key states also showed voters want a candidate who can work with Republicans.

If the Democratic presidential primary were being held today, whom would you vote for?

Democrats in Battleground States Prefer Moderate Nominee, Poll Shows - The New York Times

Questionable. Since towards this moderates are 1/3 of the vote, progressive forces are 1/3 and 1/3 doesn't know. However to get the real picture of what people want you must sum moderate and progressive candidates, but then picture isn't really clear and therefore there is no clear opinion on what should the party send against Trump. How people think and how rules work isn't always the same and this is exactly what gave us 2016.

Also if Warren and Bernie voters start to demand merging the votes in order to "overthrow" Biden all of this can very quickly turn upside down. Especially since the last 1/3 that doesn't know are probably mostly just working/struggling people that doesn't pay much attention to politics on daily basis. "Prefer" is very "liquid term" these days.