• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help (re)confirm my type, please.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey folks, I'm curious if anyone wants to help re-type me? I am an ENFJ (would agree with ENFP, as well), and I'm just... curious. So, here we go.

1-what makes you angry?
When I'm told to do something, but then they get mad at me for not doing it correctly, when the instructions were unclear.
2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
I dislike when people are rude. If they have an issue with me, I'd rather talk about it, although I hate conflict and confrontation -- I'd rather us be cordial than awkward?
3-do you like animals? why?
I love animals. If I ever had my own place, I'm not sure if I'd be a pet owner due to the hair... but I love animals because they always want to be around you. It's especially nice when you feel like your family seems flippant towards you. Animals always want your attention!
4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
I like that the people in my life want my attention and want me in their lives.
5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
I hate that I over-think about a lot of things, I don't know what it's like to not overthink. I'm not fond of my voice, either.
6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
I'm trying to become fashionable as I get older. It's a stepping stone thing, I guess, but I want to create my own style, not just throw whatever on anymore.
7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
When I was younger, I wanted to stand out. And then as I got older, I want to fit in. I just... have grown and changed and I realized I was trying to be something I'm not. I was a bitter person before, and I didn't know anything. Fitting in isn't bad. I'm much kinder to myself and I want to give myself what I missed out on.
8-what activities do you enjoy?
I love shopping, I love watching movies (sometimes I fall asleep to them), and I love binge-watching Netflix.
9-what makes you feel secure?
Knowing that my friends want me in their lives.
10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
No experience; next question.
11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
I love movies. They allow me to escape, not that I really need an escape per se. I just enjoy them because... I just do. Movies and everything surrounding them are all that I am truly interested in. I just feel it deep in my heart.
12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Creativity and why I haven't done anything yet; how I should take the reigns to pursue my dreams.
13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I just know I've grown a lot, especially in the past year. I still suffer from anxiety, but I have better coping skills regarding it. I'm living a much more fuller life than I used to.

1. How do you respond to clingy people?
They really bother me. I once kept being complimented by an older boy, and I realized how much I hated that type of thing. I like compliments, but being put on a pedestal like that is really uncomfortable and not my thing.
2. If you could change the ocean to any color, what would that color be?
Blush pink. Because it seems nice.
3. Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?
Yes! I think that would be freeing.
4. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
I try to talk to them more. It's never worked out.
5. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If so, how was the experience?
No, but I'm curious to try it.
6. If you could frame the jockstrap of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose?
Tonya Harding, hands down. Don't argue this answer!!!!!!
7. If you had to disguise yourself physically, how would you do it?
Face tape to pull my face back a la Marlene Dietrich (she did this to keep wrinkles away), dye/shave my eye brows, dye my hair; wear a different wardrobe.
8. Name a city that best represents your personality.
New York? Maybe? I don't know. But I've always wanted to go there. Maybe I'm more Europe?

Thanks to anyone who replies in advance; feel free to ask me questions if need be.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
The main thing that stood out to me is that you seem to be a Feeler.

Maybe Ne? Because you seem to talk in hypotheticals/abstractions?

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Hey folks, I'm curious if anyone wants to help re-type me? I am an ENFJ (would agree with ENFP, as well), and I'm just... curious. So, here we go.

1-what makes you angry?
When I'm told to do something, but then they get mad at me for not doing it correctly, when the instructions were unclear.
2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
I dislike when people are rude. If they have an issue with me, I'd rather talk about it, although I hate conflict and confrontation -- I'd rather us be cordial than awkward?
3-do you like animals? why?
I love animals. If I ever had my own place, I'm not sure if I'd be a pet owner due to the hair... but I love animals because they always want to be around you. It's especially nice when you feel like your family seems flippant towards you. Animals always want your attention!
4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
I like that the people in my life want my attention and want me in their lives.
5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
I hate that I over-think about a lot of things, I don't know what it's like to not overthink. I'm not fond of my voice, either.
6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
I'm trying to become fashionable as I get older. It's a stepping stone thing, I guess, but I want to create my own style, not just throw whatever on anymore.
7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
When I was younger, I wanted to stand out. And then as I got older, I want to fit in. I just... have grown and changed and I realized I was trying to be something I'm not. I was a bitter person before, and I didn't know anything. Fitting in isn't bad. I'm much kinder to myself and I want to give myself what I missed out on.
8-what activities do you enjoy?
I love shopping, I love watching movies (sometimes I fall asleep to them), and I love binge-watching Netflix.
9-what makes you feel secure?
Knowing that my friends want me in their lives.
10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
No experience; next question.
11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
I love movies. They allow me to escape, not that I really need an escape per se. I just enjoy them because... I just do. Movies and everything surrounding them are all that I am truly interested in. I just feel it deep in my heart.
12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Creativity and why I haven't done anything yet; how I should take the reigns to pursue my dreams.
13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I just know I've grown a lot, especially in the past year. I still suffer from anxiety, but I have better coping skills regarding it. I'm living a much more fuller life than I used to.

1. How do you respond to clingy people?
They really bother me. I once kept being complimented by an older boy, and I realized how much I hated that type of thing. I like compliments, but being put on a pedestal like that is really uncomfortable and not my thing.
2. If you could change the ocean to any color, what would that color be?
Blush pink. Because it seems nice.
3. Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?
Yes! I think that would be freeing.
4. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
I try to talk to them more. It's never worked out.
5. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If so, how was the experience?
No, but I'm curious to try it.
6. If you could frame the jockstrap of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose?
Tonya Harding, hands down. Don't argue this answer!!!!!!
7. If you had to disguise yourself physically, how would you do it?
Face tape to pull my face back a la Marlene Dietrich (she did this to keep wrinkles away), dye/shave my eye brows, dye my hair; wear a different wardrobe.
8. Name a city that best represents your personality.
New York? Maybe? I don't know. But I've always wanted to go there. Maybe I'm more Europe?

Thanks to anyone who replies in advance; feel free to ask me questions if need be.

You are clearly a feeler given all the emotion expressed through your answers. You definitely exhibit strong Fe, especially since you seek outward acceptance and put effort to relieve conflicts although you dislike the initiation process....Enjoying shopping, watching movies, and outwardly exploring in general (traveling) is Se related. Lastly, since you seek outward attention from other people, it can be concluded that you're an extrovert. Now, each function is represented by the degree of utilization by some user.....The dominant and inferior functions are polar and can be more readily determined if the degree of separation is large. That is, if your dominant function tends to 100%, your inferior function will tend to 0% (hypothetically)....meaning, the inferior function will be repressed entirely. Your use of Fe is quite prominent that I bet you have difficulty making decisive decisions with an objective basis. For instance, suppose you were driving to a conference to give a presentation regarding a new marketing approach....On the way, a dog suddenly runs across the road and you veer into it as you hit on the breaks. The dog lies there motionless and there is no indication of activity...Are you overcome with guilt and try to use every ounce of your energy to bring the dog back to life even if you risk missing the conference or do you regain composure rather quickly and set off to the conference undeterred. The first scenario seems likely for your case... Therefore, you are likely ENFJ or ESFJ where the distinction lies in the inner functions (SI/NE) Vs. (Ni/SE)....You seem to exhibit Se, hence, ENFJ seems more probable.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The main thing that stood out to me is that you seem to be a Feeler.

Maybe Ne? Because you seem to talk in hypotheticals/abstractions?

Yeah, I do that a lot... honestly I guess I see scenarios (these questions) as "what if"? I'm very hypothetical.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You are clearly a feeler given all the emotion expressed through your answers. You definitely exhibit strong Fe, especially since you seek outward acceptance and put effort to relieve conflicts although you dislike the initiation process....Enjoying shopping, watching movies, and outwardly exploring in general (traveling) is Se related. Lastly, since you seek outward attention from other people, it can be concluded that you're an extrovert. Now, each function is represented by the degree of utilization by some user.....The dominant and inferior functions are polar and can be more readily determined if the degree of separation is large. That is, if your dominant function tends to 100%, your inferior function will tend to 0% (hypothetically)....meaning, the inferior function will be repressed entirely. Your use of Fe is quite prominent that I bet you have difficulty making decisive decisions with an objective basis. For instance, suppose you were driving to a conference to give a presentation regarding a new marketing approach....On the way, a dog suddenly runs across the road and you veer into it as you hit on the breaks. The dog lies there motionless and there is no indication of activity...Are you overcome with guilt and try to use every ounce of your energy to bring the dog back to life even if you risk missing the conference or do you regain composure rather quickly and set off to the conference undeterred. The first scenario seems likely for your case... Therefore, you are likely ENFJ or ESFJ where the distinction lies in the inner functions (SI/NE) Vs. (Ni/SE)....You seem to exhibit Se, hence, ENFJ seems more probable.

Thanks bud! If I were in that situation, yeah I'd make sure the dog is all right. Like today at work, I helped a customer and I saw a co-worker struggling with a task, and my energy went to helping them out, and then I finished what I was doing. Much to the dismay of the customers, but we got stuff done.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You could answer this quick test I made?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You could answer this quick test I made?

Thanks for the help, mate.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Thanks for the help, mate.

Your answers indicate that you have Se, Te and Fi.

(obviously a 4 question test has a lot of room for error)

I might have to phrase the questions better too. I don't know if focusing on "right now" is strictly Se.

Focusing on how to do things while maintaining and internal sense of the moral rightness of something is an indicator of Te+Fi,

Whereas focusing on how you should behave (especially with regards to other people, but this sense of "what SHOULD I do?" carries with the person at all times) and having an internal sense of the logical consistency/optimality of something is Fe+Ti.

Ni likes mystery - uncovering new things, "digging deeper", and this is all about the person's -understanding-, whereas Ne I think forms new connections between things. It's not focused on an internal picture so much as how objects (not necessarily real objects, but in this case abstractions) link together. Si focuses on what it knows. It prefers the familiar, the traditional, and tends to go over things repeatedly so that it becomes more and more sure that it knows what it knows.

Basically, sensing is concerned with the information at hand (in either the situation at hand, or internalised information) and intuition is concerned with looking for more (in either the situation at hand, or internalised information).

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your answers indicate that you have Se, Te and Fi.

(obviously a 4 question test has a lot of room for error)

I might have to phrase the questions better too. I don't know if focusing on "right now" is strictly Se.

Focusing on how to do things while maintaining and internal sense of the moral correctness of something is an indicator of Te+Fi,

Whereas focusing on how you should behave (especially with regards to other people, but this sense of "what SHOULD I do?" carries with the person at all times) and having an internal sense of the logical consistency/optimality of something is Fe+Ti.

Hmmm, yeah... when I do something, like, let's say I make a coffee at work. I go with what I know in the steps I'm supposed to. At the same time, that's not really an MBTI thing. And sometimes if I forget a step I try and just add extra to what someone might want to cover my mistake, ha?

When it gets to the separate functions I get confused, I'm still trying to wrap myself around the whole "less used functions". Which is always a thing no matter how it's explained. I really relate to ENFJ because I realize I've just grown as a person and I'm not the introvert I thought I was.

There was a page that listed all the stacks and stuff but I forget it. It's on the tip of my tongue, but there are so many.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Hmmm, yeah... when I do something, like, let's say I make a coffee at work. I go with what I know in the steps I'm supposed to. At the same time, that's not really an MBTI thing. And sometimes if I forget a step I try and just add extra to what someone might want to cover my mistake, ha?

When it gets to the separate functions I get confused, I'm still trying to wrap myself around the whole "less used functions". Which is always a thing no matter how it's explained. I really relate to ENFJ because I realize I've just grown as a person and I'm not the introvert I thought I was.

There was a page that listed all the stacks and stuff but I forget it. It's on the tip of my tongue, but there are so many.

In the keys2cognition test there's a question that goes like this:

"
22. Follow steps to ensure tasks are predictable and completed correctly"

And it's referring to Si, especially Si paired with Te. So you relate to that?

The problem with a function being less used, is that for an NF, all the S and T functions would be probably less used, but some are conscious, some are unconscious. It can get more confusing because people might overuse their tertiary or inferior, or use their dominant in a way that looks like their 8th function, and other variations in how the functions manifest.

The saying "on the tip of my tongue" makes me think of Si. With Ni it's like "on the tip of my mind", like being so close to understanding it, but it hasn't "clicked" yet.

Why do you think you are an ENFJ?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In the keys2cognition test there's a question that goes like this:

"
22. Follow steps to ensure tasks are predictable and completed correctly"

And it's referring to Si, especially Si paired with Te. So you relate to that?

The problem with a function being less used, is that for an NF, all the S and T functions would be probably less used, but some are conscious, some are unconscious. It can get more confusing because people might overuse their tertiary or inferior, or use their dominant in a way that looks like their 8th function, and other variations in how the functions manifest.

The saying "on the tip of my tongue" makes me think of Si. With Ni it's like "on the tip of my mind", like being so close to understanding it, but it hasn't "clicked" yet.

Why do you think you are an ENFJ?

I've just really meshed with that type... I don't define myself on it, but I identify strongly with it -- my friends have also agreed that I'm extroverted.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I did the 16Personalities type test and I got ENFP.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
From having another look just now, I'm pretty sure that you're an ENFP, though not completely sure. I can see why you'd think Fe.

You describe yourself as reactive emotionally, able to pick up changes in people's emotions.

Fi is emotionally reactive, whereas Fe is emotionally proactive. Fe is more about making changes to the emotional environment. (from what I understand)

Also, you seem to focus a lot on your identity, which I see more often in Fi users.

So all in all I think ENFP is most likely, but I could be wrong.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, I tend to do that... I think I mistake myself as being able to pick up on others' emotions, though. In general when things feel tense, I can feel it as well, or if someone is upset, I can sense that, but then I worry why, and if I might be the cause as to why someone might be upset.

I do focus on my identity as well. I'm always sort of searching to find myself, but I try to rush that answer, when that's not how that works... I agree with ENFP as well, I've typed as it too.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
[MENTION=29143]Melodrama[/MENTION]

If you want my input on your OP... but I'm not an expert and new on here... if you remember we talked in my intro thread. :)

I think these things sound like IxFx or Fi too:
- "I just feel it deep in my heart."
- you seem to focus on people in your life personally which again seems more IxFx or Fi than ExFx or Fe.
- and the animal love theme.

And this could be the Te inferior?
- "When I'm told to do something, but then they get mad at me for not doing it correctly, when the instructions were unclear."

You overall talk about your own self so that comes off as introversion to me. But don't listen to me on this part too much lol, I didn't 100% decide the I/E for myself either.

Other than that... The N is obvious I would say, where you say you are hypothetical. So overall it would be INFP from the above.

So just take this for what it's worth, it's up to you if you agree with any of this reasoning.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=29143]Melodrama[/MENTION] If you want my input on your OP... but I'm not an expert and new on here... if you remember we talked in my intro thread. :) I think these things sound like IxFx or Fi too: - "I just feel it deep in my heart." - you seem to focus on people in your life personally which again seems more IxFx or Fi than ExFx or Fe. - and the animal love theme. And this could be the Te inferior? - "When I'm told to do something, but then they get mad at me for not doing it correctly, when the instructions were unclear." You overall talk about your own self so that comes off as introversion to me. But don't listen to me on this part too much lol, I didn't 100% decide the I/E for myself either. Other than that... The N is obvious I would say, where you say you are hypothetical. So overall it would be INFP from the above. So just take this for what it's worth, it's up to you if you agree with any of this reasoning.
Hmmm. Hey, yes we did! Thanks for the comment. I sort of disagree but appreciate the response. Even as confused as I am. I just really think more with my heart and prefer to do things I'm passionate about — even if I have to do something I'm not (current job) to reach my dreams... as unrealistic (in the creative field( as they are. If that makes sense. I don't think taking about myself equals introversion? This could all be my shadow functions, really. I can see that.

kittenke

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1/3
Hmmm. Hey, yes we did! Thanks for the comment. I sort of disagree but appreciate the response. Even as confused as I am. I just really think more with my heart and prefer to do things I'm passionate about — even if I have to do something I'm not (current job) to reach my dreams... as unrealistic (in the creative field( as they are. If that makes sense. I don't think taking about myself equals introversion? This could all be my shadow functions, really. I can see that.

No problem. :) Yeah as far as I understand, Feeling is about the heart but the feelings running deep is what sounded like Fi... again I'm not an expert that much. :) If you want, do say more on how you see it as more Fe? (Don't have to.) The introversion note was more a heuristic from little data than anything. Yes it made sense about your dreams. :)

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Do other people's emotions project within yourself to induce some response/reaction? If so, then you're most likely an Fe user...I score INTP on the test, however, I'm not fully certain that's my type....I am certain though that Fe is within my stack since negative emotions effect me on the surface. It's tough to explain, but my mood tends to change abruptly at times in response to changing external stimulus (emotions). Also, internal functions can come across as "selfish" since energy is directed inward....For my case, I can be perceived as insensitive when I am immersed within a problem (say Mathematics) due to inward focus, yet I am quite sensitive and enjoy helping others (Fe). Fi/Fe is analogous to an onion where Fi corresponds to the the inner layers whereas Fe corresponds to the external (surface) layer....The inner layers are not readily available until the onion is peeled for exposure....Yet in its natural state, they will be concealed. Hence, Fi users will be resistant to express their true feelings.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am resistant to express my true feelings, yes, but a lot of the time people's emotions do effect me and I sort of feel what they feel? I don't know, it's a bit of a mixed bag... but I'm hesitant to express myself because I'm a people pleaser. And when I do, it takes me a moment before I beat around the bush, so to speak.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I am resistant to express my true feelings, yes, but a lot of the time people's emotions do effect me and I sort of feel what they feel? I don't know, it's a bit of a mixed bag... but I'm hesitant to express myself because I'm a people pleaser. And when I do, it takes me a moment before I beat around the bush, so to speak.

Ok, so if you translate their emotions within yourself and then perform a transformation by molding the response into your internal framework/understanding of emotion, then I'd say you exhibit Fi. Note that Fe is more superficial in which it detects/expresses the external emotions and tries to go outward to alter the emotional environment positively.....Fi transcends Fe by internalizing the reaction, which permits one to fight against acts of injustice (someone broke/trespassed their internal moral code). Now, it depends on how Fe/Fi is paired with other functions. If Ni is paired with Fe (Infj/Enfj), then energy will be directed outward to help people stay upbeat using surficial points of reference (positive direction). If Ne is paired with Fi (Infp/Enfp), then ideas will be generated according to the emotional response within an area (hence, able to quickly infer emotional energy and generate possibilities)...If Fi is lower within the stack as with ENTJ's, then negative reactions may occur such as impulsive shopping sprees (Ni's vision tied to a weak ability to control inner emotional state). If Fe is lower within the stack as with INTP, then outer emotions may be uncontrolled/extreme at times (negative direction)...

Being a people pleaser corresponds to Fe usage (expressing emotions outwardly), and you do seem similar to an ENFJ friend of mine. A good way to settle the type is to determine how you relate to the inferior functions, especially under stress....An INFP will order people around uncharacteristically in a negative manner and really dislike structure (authority) whereas an ENFP will have trouble learning from past mistakes (repetition) and keeping up with facts/details. Note that an ESFJ with also have Ti inferior (come up with rash conclusions at times)....Yet Si is paired with Fe, which causes one to rely on previous techniques that have effectively worked in regards to altering the emotional states within the environment.....If you can project a vision or predict how the emotional state will change within the near future, then I'd go with Ni-Fe....Else, if you relate more with Si, then I'd go with ESFJ