• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What am I? Help!

elizabethmarie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hey guys :) I am hoping that through this thread, I will finally be able to settle on my personality type. I have posted descriptions of myself on other MBTI websites in the past, and the vast majority typed me as INFP. However, my mind still tends to question my type all the time. Sometimes I wonder if I am truly imaginative enough to be an INFP (although I do daydream, I am not constantly imagining things in my head all the time), and if I am really an ISFP. Other times, I know that I am an intuitive type, yet I speculate whether I could possibly be an INFJ, and if the "deep internal processes" that I experience actually manifest Ni. So, I am answering the questions to these MBTI questionnaires in hopes that more people can give me their insight. Please keep in mind that I am only 16 years old, so my auxiliary and lower functions could still be underdeveloped (that was the explanation I recieved, that I was a young INFP with signifiantly underdeveloped Ne). Sorry that this is so long in advance. If you could even read a little bit and share your insights, I would really appreciate it!

1. Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love? To me, beauty is anything formed out of compassion, wonder, love, and mystery. For instance, I view the universe as beautiful because it is so deep and complex, and I believe that God crafted it beautifully with love. It is so vast and full of mystery, and those mysteries inspire us to reflect upon the world, ourselves, and others. Really, anything is beautiful, as long as love and compassion lie deep within its roots (and I believe that everything in creation stems from love and complexity, therefore every aspect of creation is beautiful. Inspiration, hope, and insight are also beautiful because they allow us to expand our internal worlds and to grow as individuals.

2. What are your most important values?

To always show compassion and to empathize with others, to judge not with your eyes, but with your heart, to stay true to God, and to see the light in others. I also value humility and placing your life in God's hands, I value being open-minded and looking at the world from different perspectives, and simply loving others. I value loyalty and integrity, I value putting others before yourself. I value generosity and forgiveness. I also value chastity and I value my body. I will never engage in casual sex or have sex before marriage. I value having respect for my body and my soul, as well as the souls of others.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
If you could not tell, yes. I am highly spiritual and identify as a Catholic Christian, but I prefer to call myself a daughter of Christ. I am not religious because my family is, for if I only went to church to please my family, I wouldn't truly be a Christian. I hold those beliefs because they intuitively feel right in my heart. The Catholic Church's beliefs and values align with the values in my heart, and inspire me to live out morality, beauty, and love. I have also had deep, spiritual encounters with God that are too personal and vulnerable to share on his platform, but Jesus has revealed himself to me, and that's why I identify as Catholic. I enjoy placing my heart in the hands of Christ, and I truly love that the Church allows me to look at the world through fresh, new, lenses, lenses that focus on compassion and kindness and depth and love. I feel spirituality like God is my soulmate, and that he has called me to live out his love and to share his love with the world.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
War and militaries are destructive and formed out of hate. They fail to spread love, but instead, cause pain and depth of sadness. They destroy hearts, souls, and bodies. To me, true power does not lie in governments or corporations. True power lies in the magic of love and compassion. Love is truly transformative, and can open the hearts of the close-minded. It can heal pain, and fill darkness with light. Darkness and hatred may seem powerful, but true strength lies in compassion and virtue.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
MBTI is a huge interest for me. I am obsessed with it, and ponder about it everday. It intrigues me how we as people view the world so differently. For a long time, I have thought of myself as weird, strange, and otherwordly, but MBTi has allowed me to find beautiful, kind, like-minded people that I am grateful to have in my life. I love to analyze how I act according to my cognitive functions, they are simply very fascinating.
Classic books also have a dear place in my heart, particularly books like Jane Eyre and Rebecca. I love to empathasize with the main characters and imagine myself in their shoes. I love the beautiful and lyrical prose of Bronte and Du Maurier, and I love to experience my emotions internally and deeply while reading. I love how reading can provide new insights to me and teach me how to improve my own writing. In addition, I love novels with inspirational protagonists that I can truly relate to: characters that share my thoughts, pains, feelings, and struggles, that inspire me to live out important values in my life.
I love to write when I am experiencing intense emotions. I love to channel my soul into a creative outlet, and to artistically weave the words in my heart on a pice of paper. I love how my writing is symbolic of my character and is a part of me, and is really fun to come up with different story ideas and to let my creative juives flow.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Nope, not at all. It's horrible. I never pay attention to my health, and in a way, I am damaging my body while doing so. Our bodies are a part of who we are and have been a core part of our identity since we were born, yet we often fail to nurture them. I absolutely hate exercise ans prefer to stay in bed all day reading or watching videos. It's destructive, yet I am often oblivious to my bodies' needs. And I love to eat junk food, too, whic is not good.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
I don't care for them at all. They are so monotonous and boring. Yet, if I am told to do so, I do out of respect for my parents.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

I spoke about them earlier, but I fell in love with the classic novels Jane Eyre and Rebecca. They are so beautiful: I truly relate to the shy, introverted protagonists and love to experience the stories through their perspectives, feeling their emotions while they feel them. I also fall in love with the gorgeous and thought-provoking prose. I also loved Anne of Green Gables as a child. The protgonist reminds myself of my inner character: optimistic, quirky, yet joyful despite the pain that she carries in her heart. I truly felt like Anne shared a part of me. I love the movie Pride and Prejudice, I never get bored of it. I love the dynamic and the sparks that fly between the main characters, Elizabeth and Darcy. I love how they go through the process of faling in love and I love the artistic way in which the movie is depicted. I love Keira Knightley and Matthew McFayden as actors, they truly bring their characters to life.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
I cry almost every day: whenever I feel unloved and alone. When peopel are unjustly treated, or bullied for looking or acting differently, I cry because I know exactly how they feel, for I was bullied for being "weird" too. I cry when my family hurts me, or violates my values, or says that they do not care about me, when they make fun of my sensitive and quirky nature. I smile when I can relate to someone. I smile when I find a kindred spirit that I can empathize with. I smile when I feel a surge of joy or inspiration that randomly hits me. I smile when I feel optimistic and powerful, and realize my inner worth. I smile when I see those that I love truly happy.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I feel a sense of belonging when I am at church and have spiritually connected with God. I feel genuinely loved and my heart feels content with self-worth, and I truly feel like I am at home. I also feel a sense of belonging when I am with someone who truly understands me, someone who is also introverted and weird and can empathasize with me, and we can be weird together.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Whenever I ask someone about my weakness, it more often than not is that I am too quiet and shy, and that I am too private, reserved, socially awkward, and seemingly "cold". I dislike how lazy I can be and my tendency to procrastinate until the last moment. I also dislike how I am so sensitive and my heart can feel so easily shattered. I dislike how vulnerable my heart is, but I am learning to view it as a strength.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
People tell me that I am strong, kind, sweet, and compassionate, despite my quiet nature. They have seen my optimism and cheerful personality, when I reveal it to them, as a strength. I like my creativity, and the fact that I can write so elegentally and powerfully if I truly express my self. I also like my word ethic and my determination to always put in the best of my efforts, despite the fact that I procastinate. I also like my sense of individuality/morality: I like how I do not conform to the "trends" in society and that I have core values.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
In social situations, I would like help. I still struggle with social anxiety. Unless I truly know you, I distance myself in public and seem so cold. Itruly long for others to see the light and compassion, the beauty and hope within me, and it hurts when I feel so distant and alone in public. I wish I could learn to better connect with people and not to be so awkward in public situations, that I could openly show my quirkiness and not be shy any longer.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like when people do not conform or try to fit in, but they stay true to their values. I like creativity, quirkiness, and kindness in people, and I like people that can genuiely empathize with me. Romantically, intelligence attracts me profoundly. ON the whole, I am friends with multiple INFPs, an ENFJ, and ENTP.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I deeply desire romance in my heart, and long to be authentically loved for who I truly am. I dream about finding someone who can see the internal beauty and individuality in me, and will appreciate it. I dream that I will find someone who shares my liove for god and inspires me to be the kindest, most compassionate version of myself, and who helps me to deal with my internal struggles and validates me. I long for true love, the kind in story books. I also view sex as a beautiful act that is for marriage. It brings life on earth and allows couples to connect and love each other in a deep and vulnerable way, spiritually and physically. I plan to save myself and remain a virgin until marriage, for I view sex as a sacred act.

I long for compassion, intelligence, depth, and complexity in a partner. I long for a partner who will never abandon me and will inspire me to be the most authentic version of myself, who will be kind and truly forgiving to me. I want a partner that will help me not to feel so alone and so alien, who will bring genuine joy to my heart and will reflect God's light to me. Someone who will share my moral and religious values, and loves to take about the deeper aspects in life. Someone who truly wants to help others and make a difference in the world, spreading light and love.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

My main concern would be that he/she is raised with good and compassionate values, and will always look at the world with curious eyes and an open heart. A child that is not afraid of intellectual challenges and truly strives to be kind to others. From a young age, I will instill values of light, love, and virtue in my child's heart, and I will show them the imporance of religion. I would also open them to new experiences: different books, movies, traveling, and different activities. I would show them to importance of empathy from a young age, for I learned the importance of it when I was a teenager, the hard way. Because I value curiosity and open-mindedness, I would encourage my child to seek out different experiences and to entertain different perspectives. I would remain strict and firm with them when needed, but would nurture them with love and kindness.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Outwardly, I would remain quiet and accept their claim, unless it truly hurt me. I would ask them to explain, calmly, and would then explain my belief. If they proceed to attack my values, I will most likely distance myself from them in the future. INwardly, I would feel like my heart was destroyed, and I would feel extremely upset. I would most likely cry when I leave.

19. Describe your relationship with society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I don't really value society as a whole. I view it as corrupt. The world feeds through messages and lies: messages such as we must look a certain way and act a certain way to find love, or to be appreciated. From a young age, society feeds us with the lie that we must change ourselves to feel happy and to have self-worth. This is a prevalent social problem: the fact that we try so hard to appear a certain way and abandon our self-worth, simply to fit into society.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I choose my friends rather selectively, for I have been deeply hurt in the past. If a friend shows me that they love me and accept me for my unique pesonality, I will open myself up to them and show kindness to them. I will be my random, quirky self and laugh and be bubbly with them, and just discuss my thoughts and my live with them. I am extremely bubbly and open around my closest friends, but it is only when I truly feel comfortable that I reveal my inmost layers to them. This is how I view myself: the first layer is the external one that ever one, including strangers see. It is cold, hard, and dull. It seems to be grey. Yet, the bursts of sparkle and flavor in my personality hide in my second layer: this is the quirky, weird, and kind layer that I express to my friends and those that I love. The third is my inmost layer, a core, deep part of myself that I never share with anyone. It is a part of my soul that I keep only to myself, and will only reveal to someone after years of cultivating our friendship.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
I'm literally an awkward potato. I seriously have no social skills. I find it extremely difficult to express myself in front of strangers. I feel so misunderstood, in a way that I cannot really explain. I feel like I genuinely belong on another planet, and because people cannot see my true personality, they see me as cold, shy, and reserved. But I truly long to share the light inside of me with people that will accept me.

elizabethmarie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Thank you so much for responding. I'm just feeling so so frustrated right now. I keep getting mixed opinions on my type and the MBTI is always on my mind. It's so intriguing yet so mentally consuming. All that exists in my head are the eight functions now, and I feel like I can't live without analyzing myself. I honestly just broke down because I feel so mentally exhausted from thinking of it every day and every night for the past year. I just want to discover my true identity and who I am, and it's been an extremely difficult process.

elizabethmarie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I got INFP on the test, but I still have doubts because my spirituality seems more Se/Ni than Ne/Si

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you so much for responding. I'm just feeling so so frustrated right now. I keep getting mixed opinions on my type and the MBTI is always on my mind. It's so intriguing yet so mentally consuming. All that exists in my head are the eight functions now, and I feel like I can't live without analyzing myself. I honestly just broke down because I feel so mentally exhausted from thinking of it every day and every night for the past year. I just want to discover my true identity and who I am, and it's been an extremely difficult process.

Looking at the results you got on that test, I would guess INFP. Remember we all use all the functions. We just have preferences for some over others, and are better at some. Also... Ne can make it difficult to narrow down one's type. It makes you keep questioning and questioning.

But, take a deep breath. Remember you are you no matter what any tests say. We are all works in progress. You don't have to work all the time to find out; it will clarify itself to you over time. :hug:

elizabethmarie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Thank you for the support :). I think that it's my Ne that's causing me to constantly question my type. I think that I do have well-developed Ni, for an INFP, but I am still definitely Si over Se.

I'm honestly considering taking a break from MBTI but I'm so obsessed with it and it's so difficult for me to not think about it. I feel like everything I do is based on my cognitive functions. It's really mentally consuming my mind and distracting me.