• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type?

neena

Enneagram
sp4
Hello! I am new here. Please help me clarify my MBTI type :)

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

With MBTI specifically, I am unsure of whether I have a preference for Fe or Fi. I think I have a preference for Ni over Ne. When I’ve taken online questionnaires I tend to get fairly even results across the board, with the most frequent types being INFP, INFJ, ENFP, and ENFJ. Anyway, as I’ve grown older I’ve become more aware of how little self-awareness I actually have, a realization which alone makes me question my type, which is why I’m posting. I went with INFP for some time, though this might be the influence of my Enneagram type (4, with a tilt towards 5).

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to say it in one word – it’s everything! *points emphatically to each Everything’s center* My attitude is devouring. Love.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Any context in which I am in a flow-state; when I forget to try to figure out why the thing I am doing is working. (example: instead of making pictures I might read a book on the golden section, or instead of composing a song I will read theory books or analyze the harmonic structure of the works of other musicians. I enjoy gathering this information but overall have trouble synthesizing it, like many people I work best and am happiest when my mind quiets down)

4) What makes you feel inferior?

My looks, my voice, my lack of grace and self-awareness, am 25 and have over a year before I am done with one of my B.A.s. I’m a bit ashamed to admit that I think rather highly of myself sometimes despite those and other shortcomings.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I think about pros and cons frequently, especially when a decision is causing me anxiety. Ultimately the decision is made by a gut feeling.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Depends. Yes.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

In general being alive is fun. Even getting to experience pain can be fun. My most-fun fun is, again, in flow-states. I don’t know if fun is quite the right word. I like to experience that magnetic connection when locking eyes with someone or syncing with someone during sex or dance or relishing in those delicious pockets of aural harmony or tasting the differences between an espresso that took 12 seconds and one that took 18. I also have fun teaching, and love to feel it when my student suddenly understands something she thought she never would (she was so proud of herself!)

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Do it, read about it, do it.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I never lose anything and am always prepared, but my living environment could look better. Piles of books like a moat around my bed.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

… look for information that supports it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Ideally both, but I tend to forget myself in groups.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

A fair mix of both thinking first and speaking freely. I prefer one-to-one.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speak more than words?

Little of this little of that. Depends on the context.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I usually stay in (I spend as much of my time alone as possible). I don’t get to see my friend very often since she lives in another state, so if she asked me to hang out that would definitely be a yes no matter what I was doing.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Overeat or undereat, engage in sensual pleasures, over-analyze, depends on what kind of stressed? I also think too much without clarifying anything, procrastinate by doing inessential activities, and obsess over cleanliness and financial security (I’m an SP type by nature). Sometimes promiscuous, have resorted to (restrained) self-harm in extreme cases.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I consider myself a compassionate person but lately I’ve found that personalities can be dislikable for a variety of reasons. If I’m in a healthy and resourceful state of being, the dislike falls off. That being said, it can bother me when personalities are obviously not considering the state of the person they are talking to or if they act helpless/needy/”poor me” (but you know it's just a guise) << (being a bit of a hypocrite here)

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Metaphors, definitions, tastes, flavors, lyrics, personality theory, health/food…

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

If I’m not paying attention to them how would I know?

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I don’t have many friends. My old co-workers described me as patient, artistic, a little kooky, emotionally stable, sweet, dependable, and musical. My ex thinks I am one of the bitchiest and also one of the nicest people he’s ever met. I think I tend to display a lighter side to people than what is actually going on inside. I could make this answer very long but won’t because… because. My friends would never say that I am outdoorsy.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Read, play piano, sing, write, draw, listen to music, meditation-like activities, do ATMs (Awareness Through Movement lessons), paint, learn how to embroider, go for a walk, make hot chocolate, get frisky with my favorite partner. Learn to play drums. Clean/organize.

Thanks for reading.

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
ISFP or INFJ. I think ISFP fits the most. There's definitely Se/Ni over Si/Ne. I can totally see 4w5.

neena

Enneagram
sp4
ISFP or INFJ. I think ISFP fits the most. There's definitely Se/Ni over Si/Ne. I can totally see 4w5.
Thanks for your input. Historically I'm a clear-cut NF, though I can see why you'd get ISFP based on my responses. I can relate to much of the type description, though there's still the Fi vs Fe aspect. Now that I've given it more thought, I think I idealize Fi but struggle to access it unless I am alone, and even then it may take some time (probably the reason for increasing periods of isolation). But the search for type in itself can be considered a Fi pursuit, yes? Function-wise, INFJ seems the most accurate, but I get thrown off by the more subjective type descriptions.

Edit: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VwSVA5pG_RA

If this woman's videos are accurate then I am most definitely an INFJ. Or else looking for an excuse to be even more selfish. Self doubt can plague anyone but I'm really chasing my tail here.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you take the kiersey jung test on the home page and let me know when you took it (central time)

neena

Enneagram
sp4
Sure. I think I took it around 1am last night central time. Got ENFJ.