• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dreamer an INFP??

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Just throwing this against the wall really, but anyone potentially see me as an INFP?? It's a thought I have here and there. I could also see ESFP as a potential, but let's stick with INFP for now.

Edit: eh, moment has passed. Ya'll can move along your way now. :bye:

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Well, I may as well throw out the ideas of why I could potentially see INFP for myself.

While I could see Si inferior in me, especially in my moments of high stress, I do also tend to use work as a distraction when I'm overwhelmed with emotion or need a mental escape. So like doing chores around the house, doing anything productive really, allows me to direct my attention on something else even just for a moment... Though, could that just be a 7 diversion tactic when things get too heavy??

Also, I feel that the experiences I jump into, are almost, ways for me to find out new parts of myself and figuring myself out further, rather than just living in the experience or whatever it is I'm vesting myself in at the moment. Seems in these cases, it's Ne (or Se for that matter) that feeds into Fi, rather than Fi feeding into Ne/Se. I don't really know. Need to think on this more.

Any thoughts? [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]? Thanks!

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
You don't feel like an Fi dom to me, but that's just me using the feefees ...

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Ne is just too controlling for Dreamer. He is a Dreamer (a Fi name for sure), but he is an Enthusiastic one, a very active one. He is Extrovert first.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You don't feel like an Fi dom to me, but that's just me using the feefees ...

Getting input from the forum INFPs is awesome! I love the term "feefees" may have to borrow that some time. I do feel strongly in touch with mine, but maybe not to the extent of an Fi dom. IEE Fi subtype fits me like a glove though so there's that.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
483ef0911f5e27073a015b45aee7a288b9c8d3bfa104f8bfe6625572f97cfa52.jpg

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
The Ne is just too controlling for Dreamer. He is a Dreamer (a Fi name for sure), but he is an Enthusiastic one, a very active one. He is Extrovert first.

I thought I was being subtle! :happy2:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Getting input from the forum INFPs is awesome! I love the term "feefees" may have to borrow that some time. I do feel strongly in touch with mine, but maybe not to the extent of an Fi dom. IEE Fi subtype fits me like a glove though so there's that.

I didn't create the term, so I can't take credit, but I'm claiming it and makin' it awesome!

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haha still no eh?

You already know this is your dom Ne reaching out for more possibilities. The ENFP type has probably stuck with you so long (I mean you actually knowing you're an ENFP) that you might have grown bored with it or it's becoming stale somehow.

In my experience INFPs and INTPs are usually more certain about their own type than their extroverted counterparts.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You already know this is your dom Ne reaching out for more possibilities. The ENFP type has probably stuck with you so long (I mean you actually knowing you're an ENFP) that you might have grown bored with it or it's becoming stale somehow.

In my experience INFPs and INTPs are usually more certain about their own type than their extroverted counterparts.

Ya, you're most likely right. The typing doesn't quite have the same zest to it as when I first learned about the MBTI and my type. There are times when I try my best to live out an ESFP vibe a while just to jazz things up a bit.

What's crazy to think of for me, is how much MORE in tune IFPs must be with their Fi if I feel I'm already so deeply in touch with mine. As it is, I already view the world through this "haze" of subjective emotional experience.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ya, you're most likely right. The typing doesn't quite have the same zest to it as when I first learned about the MBTI and my type. There are times when I try my best to live out an ESFP vibe a while just to jazz things up a bit.

What's crazy to think of for me, is how much MORE in tune IFPs must be with their Fi if I feel I'm already so deeply in touch with mine. As it is, I already view the world through this "haze" of subjective emotional experience.

Yeah but at the same time those too 'in tune' with it can be closed off from the outside world more than necessary. Dominant introverts sometimes rely too much on their own subjectivity IMO. Extroverts have problems too though which has been labored about on this forum a lot already. :beathorse:

(Just check out the bully thread)

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yeah but at the same time those too 'in tune' with it can be closed off from the outside world more than necessary. Dominant introverts sometimes rely too much on their own subjectivity IMO. Extroverts have problems too though which has been labored about on this forum a lot already. :beathorse:

(Just check out the bully thread)

Haven't checked that thread out yet actually. I'll do that after work today.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can see you as both... But extrovert jumps out more...judging from your posts on here and your videos! I like you either way. :spindance: