• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need MBTI typing help

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I apologize, I can't find the introduction thread and I do not know if I am breaking any rules by posting here first.
Anyway.

I've been interested in MBTI/Myers Briggs since I was around 12 years old. So a long time. As I've gotten older and am beginning to become a young adult, I keep doubting what I understand about myself. Especially since people tell me differently. I almost feel like going through being a teenager and only listening to other people and what they state about me has led me to not have a true understanding of myself, even when I search and search and have spent just as many years trying to understand who I am and what the implications of that are.

I feel kind of stupid and ashamed, because no matter what I do there is a still that lingering uncomfortableness in the back of my mind which leads me to conclude that I might be wrong about my perception of myself. Now I need to state that I am depressed and have generalized anxiety disorder, which may be convoluting things even more, but if you could proceed based on the assumption that those things are a part of my identity, that would be great.

Basically I don't trust myself and I don't want to state what I think I am, because I've spent so much time learning about the psychological functions and each of the types that I feel like it's extremely easy to fake what I am and choose whatever sounds best and most appealing to me at the time. Too much knowledge. Not that I desire that consciously, but maybe unconsciously. I don't think anything I'm saying makes sense. Sorry. I really just want help and an outside, unbiased opinion. I want the objectivity I can't seem to find within myself so I can at least get some sort of answer/closure. I'm not taking a survey or anything because I've done that before, and it's sooo easy to know exactly how what I'm saying can affect how people respond. As in "If I say this, I know they will do this." If that's helpful, though, I'm still willing to give it a try again.

I'm having trouble articulating myself, so I suppose all I want is assistance. Thanks.

(P.S. I know extremely well how the functions work, at least in theory, so if you need more details and you want me to talk in Myers Briggs terms instead, I can do that too.)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like I'm being really vague so

Here are my top 5 Strengthsfinder results: (from the 2.0 version)

1. Ideation
2. Input
3. Deliberative
4. Intellection
5. Empathy

And I've just taken an online Socionics test, and received this result: EII-1Ne FiNe (INFj)

The other top results being:

IEE (ENFp): 83% as likely as EII.
LII (INTj): 63% as likely as
ESI (ISFj): 51% as likely as EII.

I know this isn't necessarily directly related, but I thought it might help some. I am also a Melancholic temperament when it comes to the four temperaments.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm. You could be an INFJ and your shadow type (Socionics) is ENFP.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My first thought reading your writing style combined with avatar and name choice was INFj before I even read your second post. Very composed, thoughtful, serious, truthful. Have you read the delta socionics INFj description? It is possible it may resonate more than the INFP or INFJ MBTI descriptions for you. Welcome to the forum, at any rate. :bye:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any reason for the disturbing username? It may just help me type you.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm. You could be an INFJ and your shadow type (Socionics) is ENFP.

Thank you for the input. Could you elaborate a little bit more why you think so?

My first thought reading your writing style combined with avatar and name choice was INFj before I even read your second post. Very composed, thoughtful, serious, truthful. Have you read the delta socionics INFj description? It is possible it may resonate more than the INFP or INFJ MBTI descriptions for you. Welcome to the forum, at any rate. :bye:

Thank you for being detailed! I don't know if I have, I don't know Socionics as well so I'll definitely check it out. Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any reason for the disturbing username? It may just help me type you.

Ha ha, I'm not trying to be disturbing at all. Well, kind of. I just think it's funny. I have kind of a dark/childish sense of humour.I like to be self-deprecating because I find that sort of thing hilarious at times, and it helps me cope with my insecurities I suppose.

socratically

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Basically I don't trust myself and I don't want to state what I think I am, because I've spent so much time learning about the psychological functions and each of the types that I feel like it's extremely easy to fake what I am and choose whatever sounds best and most appealing to me at the time. Too much knowledge. Not that I desire that consciously, but maybe unconsciously. I don't think anything I'm saying makes sense. Sorry. I really just want help and an outside, unbiased opinion. I want the objectivity I can't seem to find within myself so I can at least get some sort of answer/closure.

I think you did a fantastic job of articulating that thought. I recently posted something along the same lines -- and your words capture what I couldn't convey. Honestly, I read your post and felt as though the resemblance was eerie. I also discovered MBTI when I was around 12 -- and I'm having doubts, too. We should talk (or I mean, the virtual equivalent) sometime.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you take the kiersey jung test on the home page and let me know exactly what time you take it and what type it gives you? I can copy some of the results from the log here and we can discuss.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you did a fantastic job of articulating that thought. I recently posted something along the same lines -- and your words capture what I couldn't convey. Honestly, I read your post and felt as though the resemblance was eerie. I also discovered MBTI when I was around 12 -- and I'm having doubts, too. We should talk (or I mean, the virtual equivalent) sometime.

I'm glad I helped you manifest your feelings. I'd love to talk in more depth, you're welcome to message me any time. I'm bad at starting conversations, so uh... maybe you should do that. Maybe.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you take the kiersey jung test on the home page and let me know exactly what time you take it and what type it gives you? I can copy some of the results from the log here and we can discuss.

I took the test at 8:00 AM CT and have just finished it at about 8:18 AM. My result was INFP, which isn't really surprising. I had decided on that for quite a while, but again I want confirmation as well as critical analysis, as I feel it's so easy to know exactly what the quiz wants from me (i.e. focus on present and physical sensation is probably Se, future-oriented usually means Ni, accommodating others is Fe, and so on and so forth.)