• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My life as a Timeshare Salesman

Eastwood

I've been selling timeshares now for over 4 years. I've studied MBTI for about the same amount of time. I can type just about everybody, besides myself.
I have written many blogs and posted in forums to figure myself out, but I continue to go back and forth with uncertainty.

7 1/2 months ago I discovered in a forum discussion that I might be ESTJ.

On this same post, somebody gave me a link to a test (MPM Personality Test - Page 1) I took this test last-night and scored ESFP with enneagram 8. (I guess this is a rarity.)

At work, people view me as reserved in the break-room, mainly because I prefer to keep to myself and stay away from negativity by listening to my headphones or watching motivational self help videos on youtube.

Some people say I always look upset or angry, that they can tell my mood by the look on my face.

I've been told that I'm straight forward and direct. which sounds like ISTP.

I've been confrontational with sales managers and have spoken my mind every now and then to people I didn't respect at work.

I get really jealous when other people are selling and I'm not, to the point of frustration and depression.

(My sales process)
I meet my guest face to face, I say hi without introducing myself and then tell them to follow me down the hall way.
I lie to my clients and give them what they want to hear in the beginning so they can reduce anxiety and tension so I can go upstairs and get to know them.

I warm up with my clients for over an hour talking about what they do for a living and so on. (Dale Carnegie, how to win friends and influence people type of stuff)

I then look for there past vacation habits and I ask them what their most important things to them are.

I then speak directly to my clients with my gift of gab and my straight forward speaking style to put people in the picture.

This may all sound like ISTP status, but I'm really not sure. I've taken so many tests, I just want to know my type once and for all.