• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is my enenagram type?

Yoohoolarry

MBTI Type
unkn
Enneagram
unk
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
I want to change this world, one problem at a time. I look for happiness but unfortunately sadness is found first.
2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I hope to accomplish...I hope to be a veterinarian. I want to work with shelters as well.
3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I hope to avoid being an animal abuser or someone who treats people unfairly. I think I fear being controlled, or not having my independence and privacy respected.
4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
My biggest fears are generally not being where I want to be in ten years, a veterinarian, married, kids. I fear not having a happy life, not being happy.
5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want other people to see me as a good person, someone who sacrifices to see a better tomorrow. Knowledgeable, wise, and calm.
I see myself as a calm and rationale person slowly encroaching on their own goals.
6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel my best when I’m contributing to causes that I care about, I used to work for an animal shelter and loved it. It made my day when I could open up some animals cages and have them follow me around as I did my work and they would come and almost talk to me, almost as if they were saying: “Good morning!”, I miss it. I’m looking to volunteer at another shelter soon.
I feel my worst when my family is in a bad situation i.e. -> refer traumatic events section. However, I felt horrible when my exboyfriend was ignoring me when we were dating. Eventually I cut him off because I caught him cheating and he lied to me, ironically when he lied to me that made me the most angry.
7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
Anger: I feel rage very intensley sometimes, I could destroy someone if they hurt my animals or brother, or even someone I cared for in general. It’s usually cool, and calculating, but if you piss me off, you piss me off.
Shame: Ignore it. Deflection.
Anxiety: I’m very physical, usually my anxiety transforms into lumps or achey joints.
8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
Stress: Depends on the level. If it’s light I can think through it with fact. If it’s heavy, my anxiety can be detrimental.
Unexpected change: Fine, my plans usually aren’t altered, but if they are, I can work around them. Sometimes I may need to put a book mark on them though. This is okay.
Conflict: Let’s work through it together.
9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
Authority: It depends. Show me respect and I will respect you. If you don’t, I’ll do everything I can to avoid you.
Power: I generally crave it. When people misuse it around me I get incredibly irritated.
10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I think that life is a treasure and must be given respect, I think that life as a whole is very...hard. It’s taught me this, not in the kindest ways, but I respect the things that have happened to me and will happen to me because something will be learned from them.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
I think a series of events did. I’ve grown up with an autistic brother who has multiple mental health issues which sadly we haven’t caught towards more of the later term, so now he’s deeply affected by them. My needs have always been pushed to the side because of this, and while I think it’s shitty, it had to be done.
EX. 1) I was bullied which unfortunately turned into molestation, and when I reported it to the counselors at my school, it was passed over as a joke. This taught me that adults, or rather, the leader should not be trusted.
EX. 2) My brother being hospitalized frequently due to suicidal ideation and most importantly, not knowing if he had successfully killed himself or not.
EX. 3) My abusive father going off the handle at me when I was protecting my dog from his beatings. He didn’t beat me, but he verbally abused me in that moment. “I’ll beat your fucking ass.”
Ex. 4) My alcoholic mother being so drunk that she walked through a small patch of broken glass in the house.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I’m distrustful of the world but once you won me over, you’ve won me over.
13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
This is really hard for me to answer, I see myself as almost...a combination of things that are not one adjective. I see the things I like about myself as the fact that I’m very kind to animals and those that are needy. I feel so bad for them and want to change the world for them.
I dislike maybe my more violent streak when I get angry, I hit people if they even remotely touch me. I spit my gum out at a friend once when I was incredibly depressed over my brother. I throw things a lot. My father was yelling at me once and I threw my shoes at him. He then got incredibly close and I had run up the stairs as a result because I felt fear. This made me angry and still does.
14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
I think I see whether they can be trusted or not. I’m VERYcautious with this, and put everyone on a hold kind of thing. Win me over, and you have me.Mistreat me once and I’m gone.
15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
If they insult me, either: “Fuck you, I don’t give a shit what you think.” or “I don’t care what you think.”
If they compliment me: “Thank you, I like this about myself as well.” (I’ve learned that compliments are what people see in you that they like, which took a long time for me to accept).
16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
I’m thankful that I have...my brother, and my dog. I’m thankful that they are alive and healthy because the world hasn’t been kind to them. I’m thankful that they are not dead and I’ve done everything I can to protect them.
I wish I could have a stable job so I could provide for my family a bit better...maybe a boyfriend to feel intimate, and to let my gaurd down. Sadly, those things seem to come a bit latter in life.

CakeByTheOcean

Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm torn between type 9 & 6 for you. I thought I saw hints of type 1 traits at first, but as I read on, you seem to display more 8ish traits. I also think I may see signs of type 2 & 3 ??

If I had to guess at your tritype
9w8 6w7 3w2 or 6w7 9w8 3w2

I would also guess that you may be a social first variant. Don't take any of this as an absolute, though. It's just my best opinion. :)

Edit: The 8ish traits I later saw, could also be type 6 reactive-ness, so type 9w1 is a high possibility too.

Yoohoolarry

MBTI Type
unkn
Enneagram
unk
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for your answer [MENTION=27934]CakeByTheOcean[/MENTION] ! I'll keep this open for more people to examine. My friend had told me today that she was considering eight because I was talking about five and two and how I related to both, but she told me to consider eight because I mention how sad I feel about the way society is with animals and the socially degraded. Anywhoo, I'll tell her what you think and see if she agrees, or if she has any arguments, etc.
Thanks.