• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused.. ESFJ or INFP?

Starsguard

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w5
Posting on my phone, so sorry if this is a little rough. I've been pretty much certain I'm an INFP for awhile now, everything seemed spot on, except that it social situations I seem to think less (and reflect when alone) and just enjoy life more, wich is kinda contrasting to the introversion of an INFP, yeah? I may be wrong, I don't know a lot yet about MBTI.

I did a Cognitive functions test, and my first result was inconclusive. I had pretty similar results on almost all of them, with the introverted ones ahead, except Fe and Fi, which were exactly 75%. I consider myself Fi, but having all introverted functions isn't even possible, right?

So I took it again, trying to be as honest as possible, and got all the introverted functions except I got Fe, this time just 5% above Fi. It said I was most likely a ESFJ, so I'm kinda confused. I looked at the profile thing for ESFJ and it said they were kind hearted and usually popular, but I'm in no ways popular. I have a very small group of friends, everyone else I'm kind of uncomfortable with. But, for some reason, only during summer, I'm a lot more extroverted. During school I'm a recluse. Not sure if that's even relevant. Sorry, kinda confused.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Hi new person - one helpful way to figure out your type is spending some time around the forum, seeing what perspectives you identify most with. If you find yourself nodding along while reading other INFP posts, it might be an indicator for you. It's not about what a person thinks, it's about how they think; meaning, following the train of thought. Stick around for a bit, read up more on cognitive functions, see what clicks.

Welcome!

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Posting on my phone, so sorry if this is a little rough. I've been pretty much certain I'm an INFP for awhile now, everything seemed spot on, except that it social situations I seem to think less (and reflect when alone) and just enjoy life more, wich is kinda contrasting to the introversion of an INFP, yeah? I may be wrong, I don't know a lot yet about MBTI.

I did a Cognitive functions test, and my first result was inconclusive. I had pretty similar results on almost all of them, with the introverted ones ahead, except Fe and Fi, which were exactly 75%. I consider myself Fi, but having all introverted functions isn't even possible, right?

So I took it again, trying to be as honest as possible, and got all the introverted functions except I got Fe, this time just 5% above Fi. It said I was most likely a ESFJ, so I'm kinda confused. I looked at the profile thing for ESFJ and it said they were kind hearted and usually popular, but I'm in no ways popular. I have a very small group of friends, everyone else I'm kind of uncomfortable with. But, for some reason, only during summer, I'm a lot more extroverted. During school I'm a recluse. Not sure if that's even relevant. Sorry, kinda confused.

I know this will probably be an unpopular opinion here, but I don't put functions in boxes. Technically an INFP is FiNeSiTe, but in reality nobody is going to use the functions in that order. All the NF functions rank fairly high with me (Fi, Ne, Fe, and Ni). Generally I would just try to investigate dominant and auxiliary and leave the others for later. :)

And I completely relate to your introversion/extroversion thing. During the school year, I'm much more introverted; conversely, I'm more extroverted in the summer. It's probably because I'm an ambivert. Being in a highly populated environment for seven hours is very draining for me, but staying at home day after day with nothing to do has the same effect on me. It's situational, really.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Interesting. I don't think I've ever heard anyone debate between those two types before. I would suggest hanging out around here, reading type descriptions, etc. :) Doing a questionnaire or making a video can be helpful too!

Sidenote: Do you consider yourself an enneagram 2? If so, you can't actually have a 5 wing. It would either be 1 or 3.