• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TYPE MY FRIEND

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I told my friend over Skype about how I posted a questionnaire and she wanted to do it.

She currently types as INFJ 2w1 so/sp. In the past she also typed as INFP and sometimes she asks if she might be ISFJ.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Honestly, I question my type a lot. There's always an underlying feeling of the possibility of me being typed wrong since I don't dive too deep into all of the mechanics of MBTI and functions, I only know the surface and general things really so yeah

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want to be able to reach out to a lot of people and help them with their problems, or anything that helps anyone or anything really, it makes me feel accomplished and happy?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Whenever I'm able to help my friends with their problems are usually what makes me feel very proud of myself? That's all I got

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Feeling like I don't have anything that I'm necessarily good at, like any special talents that make you think "Oh hey Ash is good at that!"

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think about how it will effect everything. First I think of if the decision will be beneficial, and then I think abot how everyone will be effected by it. I usually have the aspect of how people are effected by it outweigh anything else///

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
When I work on a project I like to make sure that I'm happy with whatever I produce regardless of what it is, but I tend to be a perfectionist so I rarely am ever happy with a lot of things whoops. I do like to have control though. In groups, I usually don't step up to be the leader unless no one else does it, but I like to make sure that everyone picks their first choice of what they want to do so everyone is happy

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Ah, when I went to my first drive in movie theater with a friend. It was exhilirating and I was really giddy, I couldn't stop moving (I mean I passed out during a boring movie but eh)

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Seeing an example and then doing it myself, once I get a feel for it I can develop my own style of accomplishing the task so I can feel comfortable

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Uhhh.....pretty organized from my eyes, it's a controlled mess.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I usually go by feeling, I look up information if it's important but regardless of whether or not everything fits, if my gut says no then that's that

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Making sure everyone is doing fine. Knowing that everyone is comfortable and fine makes me relaxed!

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
It's sort of a mix, I think while I'm speaking, so usually my speech has a lot of me stuttering or trying to find the exact words. I do prefer and open up easier in one-on-one conversations, but I don't mind sitting in on group discussions, but I'll be more of a listener

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I want to know where I'm jumping before leaping in. I think both action and words say a lot, it depends on the person you're thinking about since everyone has different strengths and what not (that didnt answer it....I'm so sorry)

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Ask them who is going to be there, how long we're going to be out and what we're doing. I'd much rather stay in regardless of who it is, though I'd be more obliged to go if it was someone I haven't seen in a very long time. I'd go if we're just hanging out at their house but it'd take a lot of bargaining

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
It goes two ways; either I completely shut down and just ignore it until the problem goes away or it pumps me up enough to solve whatever problem is stressing me out

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When they lie to me after promising to be honest especially if I know the truth, that's about it though, I'm pretty open to about anyone

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Yes! Even though I only skim the surface on a lot of stuff, mainly personality things. That or animals! I get very excited with animals aaahhh

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Exact small details. I usually aim for the big picture no matter what it is, it takes a lot for me to care about every single detail on something, because once I see the big picture I pretty much got it down

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends generally see me as a mother figure. If I remember I think they said I was caring, warm, witty things like that. They find it easy to come to me and all that jazz. Nothing is wrong about their perception, trusting me with giving them life advice is probably a bad idea but no one is stopping me yet. Though my friends would say anything about my personality. They know I'm a very honest person and I appreciate honesty thrown right back at me so there's not much I don't know

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Stay in......annoy my cats and smother them in love....eat......get on the computer.......sleep.......that's it...............

[2:40:17 PM] Chandler: DONE
[2:40:48 PM] Cotton Eye Joe: lemme see
[2:40:48 PM] Chandler: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/76596-type-friend.html
[2:40:57 PM] Cotton Eye Joe: GOD I THOUGHT YOU SAID "FOR A FAKE FRIEND"
[2:41:12 PM] Chandler: ENESIFWEYGFEWIYGF I SHOULD HAVE PUT THAT...

[2:44:26 PM] Chandler: now we wait................
[2:44:42 PM] Chandler: sometimes if no one replies i just start @ing people so you'll get something sooner or later
[2:44:49 PM] Cotton Eye Joe: I cant wait to wake up and realize im an entj

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
aawww cute ^_^

No real reason to question her own typing, but she can be a 2, 6, or 9.
....I highly doubt she is an ENTJ unless outwardly people really trust her with figuring out life. It sort of depends on how/why people go to her.
Do people find her warm because she provides a warm atmosphere or does she actually physically help people out with stuff?

aanule

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'd say definitely INFJ. She sounds just like my INFJ best friend.

- - - Updated - - -

aawww cute ^_^

No real reason to question her own typing, but she can be a 2, 6, or 9.
....I highly doubt she is an ENTJ unless outwardly people really trust her with figuring out life. It sort of depends on how/why people go to her.
Do people find her warm because she provides a warm atmosphere or does she actually physically help people out with stuff?

That was a joke. ;)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Haha yeah it was a joke. :D But I think people find her warm because of the warm atmosphere she provides. She's very caring with her friends and always willing to lend a hand, maybe not physically but advice-wise.

aanule

MBTI Type
ENFP
Haha yeah it was a joke. :D But I think people find her warm because of the warm atmosphere she provides. She's very caring with her friends and always willing to lend a hand, maybe not physically but advice-wise.

Warm is exactly how I describe my friend. She's just a good person, through and through.

She's also excellent for analyzing and making a decision. I can nearly see her wheels spinning inside her head, she'll consider for a minute, and then make a decision and that's that. I envy her ability to not second guess (and take advantage of it when I'm unsure!). She's definitely the person I go to when we're making a group decision because I know the two of us will come to an answer quickly while everyone else would rather argue it out and debate for hours.

She's just very calming, yet authoritative in a very quiet way. She never steps up to authority, it more falls in her lap when no one else wants it and she handles it excellently. I think she's a 9, though.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A

lol I know, but it was the only truthful thing that I could say =P
And that points to Fe for me. Personally, I feel like Fi types help people out in a practical way that actually SOLVES problems so they are no longer a problem.
Fe is more of an "air" if that makes sense to you.
I only say this because I think I am Fe (so not trying to diss Fe). And I am sure it's not like this all of the time.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She's just very calming, yet authoritative in a very quiet way. She never steps up to authority, it more falls in her lap when no one else wants it and she handles it excellently. I think she's a 9, though.

I'd describe my friend almost exactly the same way. :yes: Except I think she's more directly authoritative (with friends at least from what I know) because of her maternal instincts (desire to care for others and innate "knowing" of what's best for them).

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] What do you think of this, considering your momma is an INFJ. :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd describe my friend almost exactly the same way. :yes: Except I think she's more directly authoritative (with friends at least from what I know) because of her maternal instincts (desire to care for others and innate "knowing" of what's best for them).

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] What do you think of this, considering your momma is an INFJ. :D
In my interactions with her, I don't think I'd describe my mother this way at all, because I tend to find myself calming HER, more than the other way around. This is probably because I'm close to her, and because I'm one of her go-to people whenever she's freaking out about something and needs someone to tell her if she's off-base or not. My INTP dad and I are both great for that.

However, from my experience sitting in on one or two of her college classes, and singing in the choir she directs, she DEFINITELY exudes calm authority in those situations. Perfectly poised, but also ready for teasing banter with the class/choir, and small jokes when they're appropriate.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[3:19:29 PM] Cotton Eye Joe: did anyone ever comment on the post about me btw or is it done
[3:21:44 PM] Chandler: i think i @'d my friend but she took it the wrong way
[3:21:47 PM] Chandler: *bumps it anyways*
[3:22:44 PM] Cotton Eye Joe: OMG

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol FINE FINE FINE OK I GET IT