• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it even possible to be a SX/SO with strong self-pres?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
:laugh:

Contradiction is inherent in 6. No surprise there.

My typical impulse is to say that I'd like more info, but I feel like you need less info, not more. Ne 6 likes avoiding answers too much, this I know. Turn to your Ti to answer this one, not Ne. Given the parameters, what makes the most objective sense?

Ie, when you have problems in all three areas, which do you prioritize?

Intensity first, then relationships, then self-maintenance?
Intensity first, then self-maintenance, then relationships?
Relationships first, then intensity, then self-maintenance?
Relationships first, then self-maintenance, then intensity?
Self-maintenance first, then intensity, then relationships?
Self-maintenance first, then relationships, then intensity?

I think it'd be valuable to pare it all down, totally, forget all the associations. Just really understand the core of each instinct and determine which one you always seek to resolve first, then which one you'll indulge when you feel relatively comfortable with life, then which one you almost never attend to unless you have a very explicit reason, and typically because one of the other instincts is dragging it into play.

Maybe if you think this period in time is warping your Sp instinct, flash back to the most recent time you feel it wasn't affected. Still, your instincts should stay steady, even given external influence. That last instinct will be dragged in when it has to be but you will probably be fairly aware that it was dragged and it didn't come willingly.

Well at this point I'm fairly certain that I'm social last. If by relationships, you mean the bonds that I have with others and my social connections and obligations, then I often neglect the hell out of that. However, I would have to say that I deal with self-maintenance first above all. This seems to be the most important to me.

For instance, I have quite a few health problems right now and at the moment I'm having to choose financially whether I want to go out, date, and get a steady girlfriend, or whether I want to healthcare. Before, it was basically useless for me to get on a health insurance plan because I have so many pre-existing conditions, but now thanks to Obama Care in January I can now get my medical problems solved. Personally, I'm probably gonna chose the healthcare over the chance to date because my physical and mental health comes first. So yeah, I'm probably sp/sx. My only question is why do I not vibe in my videos like a social last? It's so weird.

B

brainheart

Well at this point I'm fairly certain that I'm social last. If by relationships, you mean the bonds that I have with others and my social connections and obligations, then I often neglect the hell out of that. However, I would have to say that I deal with self-maintenance first above all. This seems to be the most important to me.

For instance, I have quite a few health problems right now and at the moment I'm having to choose financially whether I want to go out, date, and get a steady girlfriend, or whether I want to healthcare. Before, it was basically useless for me to get on a health insurance plan because I have so many pre-existing conditions, but now thanks to Obama Care in January I can now get my medical problems solved. Personally, I'm probably gonna chose the healthcare over the chance to date because my physical and mental health comes first. So yeah, I'm probably sp/sx. My only question is why do I not vibe in my videos like a social last? It's so weird.

When I have health problems I focus on my self pres a lot more than usual, too. I wouldn't use that as the defining factor. Use that Ne of yours to evaluate the big picture, your life overall.

And you're an ENTP and a 6w7. ENTPs have big personalities regardless of instinct order which I think can be interpreted as sexual dom. 6w7s are typically friendly which can be skewed as social.

(Oh, but the fact that you think you need money to date someone makes me think self pres first.)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
When I have health problems I focus on my self pres a lot more than usual, too. I wouldn't use that as the defining factor. Use that Ne of yours to evaluate the big picture, your life overall.

And you're an ENTP and a 6w7. ENTPs have big personalities regardless of instinct order which I think can be interpreted as sexual dom. 6w7s are typically friendly which can be skewed as social.

(Oh, but the fact that you think you need money to date someone makes me think self pres first.)

yeah that's what skylights said. I just can't see myself as sx last though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] has a good point, you're an ENTP 6w7. 6 seems to bring out ENTP Fe which could easily come off Social.