• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me find my MBTI type? (Questionnaire)

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just stole this from someone else's thread. Thanking [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] for it because apparently they provided it.

1) What aspects of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I'm generally unsure of everything lol. Especially of any system that I did not create. xD

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

-Acceptance.
-Fairness/the ability to think and act objectively when needed, so I can be a stable voice of reason.
-Freedom (from things I think are stupid/not worth my time to do.)
-Unconditional love, if that's really possible to recieve and give.
-A place and a group of people in which I know I regularly belong.

I don't know why I need all of that so much. It's probably just because I didn't have enough of it for a long while at some point.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

At my last job working 3rd shift in a warehouse, I was the second fastest worker in my department, and I wasn't motivated by how fast anyone else was which was the best part. I'd be on my feet for 8-10 hours a day, getting a shit ton of exercise and had never looked better in my life, so that was the main thing that kept me going. I was just naturally good at something and it made my bosses really happy. I guess that's about it. I just felt like who I was was enough.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

People doing things without considering my presence. I tend to get way too aggressive in those situations and almost rather people fear me than disrespect me at that point. I just hate feeling like a doormat, it makes me feel like anything could happen to me and I'd just be a sitting duck.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Typically I'm thinking about:
-Is the way things are currently going MOSTLY fair/is there need for correction?
-Is whatever is currently happening causing disharmony/does it have the potential to do more harm than good?

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I don't care about having control, but I take over when other people seem disinterested or I feel like they're focused on irrelevant BS. Usually I'm just trying not to be lazy so I can't get in trouble lol. It's easy for me to fake interest in something I otherwise don't care about if the alternative is getting punished.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I'm happy anywhere I feel accepted, which doesn't happen all that often (I'm usually always anxious about SOMETHING.) The last time I had real fun was when I was with a group of new friends and we were just spouting stupid, risque humor. I felt like I belonged there.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

I have to learn by doing, and be given room to suck at it for a while at first.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I'm probably one of few Minimalists who still loses their things regularly lol. It's part of why I started downsizing excessively in the first place.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I'm too lazy to look things up. Generally I just try to get a feel for someone's logic behind their thinking -- I ask a lot of questions just by nature --- and decide if it makes sense in my brain based on that.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

The latter. I don't think much about what anyone else does. I'm a big believer in leading by example.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I usually talk off the top of my head, feeling like it's a way I can make sure I'm being truly genuine. Kind of like writing in a journal; what you feel deep down will end up on the page if you speak your mind enough. I prefer one-on-one without a doubt, but I think I'm just as good at group discussion. It's just that group discussion can wear me out much faster because I'm trying to entertain at that point.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I definitely jump first, for better or worse. I'm trying to do it less but at the same time I feel like it's a strength sometimes. Because I'm equally as good at overthinking to the point of psyching myself out, if I let myself. One seems better than the other.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

It depends on which offer sounds better. If they're inviting me to do something I really love -- even more than the show -- I'll probably join them.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I'm a bitch honestly. If I'm in a bad mood, I have a bad habit of going to forums, finding political or social justice-related discussions I feel some type of way about, and using it as an excuse to be extremely frank about whatever opinion I have. It makes me feel like I'm using my anger in a productive way because I don't have to necessarily be "nice" when I'm debating. xD

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I just dislike when I feel like people aren't thinking outside of their own self-interests. To me, manners are very simple; you learn a little, you share a little. But if someone comes into a situation just expecting to make it about them ("Hey guys, haven't seen you in a minute. I had such a bad day today." Lol) that really irritates me.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

The best conversations I have are the rare ones where someone has a similar enough outlook on social and philosophical issues to mine, and we can learn from one another while having mutual respect for our differences BECAUSE we share enough common ground. Those conversations always leave me walking away with a restored faith in my purpose on Earth. I feel like "Someone else understands me, so clearly I'm not as lost as I fear I am."

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

I'm bad at being aware of my surroundings, but this could be due to my anxiety. Especially in the workplace, I ask 1000 questions and often miss what's happening right in front of me somehow. I also tend to make a lot of mistakes with acting impulsively.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

My friends say they see me as compassionate and innovative, but also headstrong until showed something that contradicts my thinking. And they'd definitely say I'm very emotional. I think they're mostly right but what they see as 'chaos' makes total sense to me in my head. They'd probably never say that I handle things calmly lol.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? (not during quarantine)

-Probably go for a 2 hour walk at some point.
-Order some good food and watch my favorite Netflix show with it, alone in my room.
-Maybe go drinking and do some karaoke.
-Get Taco Bell and watch more stuff after I go home from the bar.

I'm in a relationship but I see myself doing a lot of these things alone/meeting up with friends at whatever bar I end up at towards the end of the day. I just prefer not having to compromise my time to do what someone else wants to when it's *my* day lol.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are definitely an XNFJ, and I think you might be an INFJ. ENFJ would be my second guess. You place a lot of value on harmony and tribe validation - characteristics of a high Fe user. You also point to signs of Ni because you like talking about philosophical things on a deeper level.
The reason why I have chosen INFJ over ENFJ is because you mention your lack of awareness of your surroundings and you seem to be more introverted than extroverted. I have heard that ENFJs tend to be very extroverted. Also, I would think that an ENFJ would be more inclined to lead others directly (which I do not think you would want to do). You tend to "go your own way."
The alternate argument for ENFJ is that you tend to act before thinking (a typical quality of an extrovert) and you rant about your opinions in "grip stress" (which could be perceived as inferior Ti). I sense more problems with living in the moment and dealing with your surroundings than inferior Ti, which makes me lean towards INFJ. I would suggest that you look up the inferior functions of each type (inferior Se or Ti) and the differences between INFJ and ENFJ.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are definitely an XNFJ, and I think you might be an INFJ. ENFJ would be my second guess. You place a lot of value on harmony and tribe validation - characteristics of a high Fe user. You also point to signs of Ni because you like talking about philosophical things on a deeper level.
The reason why I have chosen INFJ over ENFJ is because you mention your lack of awareness of your surroundings and you seem to be more introverted than extroverted. I have heard that ENFJs tend to be very extroverted. Also, I would think that an ENFJ would be more inclined to lead others directly (which I do not think you would want to do). You tend to "go your own way."
The alternate argument for ENFJ is that you tend to act before thinking (a typical quality of an extrovert) and you rant about your opinions in "grip stress" (which could be perceived as inferior Ti). I sense more problems with living in the moment and dealing with your surroundings than inferior Ti, which makes me lean towards INFJ. I would suggest that you look up the inferior functions of each type (inferior Se or Ti) and the differences between INFJ and ENFJ.

Thank you for replying so fast.

Honestly, I'm 99% sure I'm a Perciever type. And I'm only saying that to try to make it easier for anyone else trying to figure it out, as well as myself. xD

I can't really say I'm NOT an INFJ, I guess, but the thing about INFJs is...so many people think they are one to the point where I wouldn't know how to actually describe one if I tried to. What I do *know* about INFJs is that their sense of right and wrong is often dependent on how others around them seem to be feeling and that's not really true for me. People around me can seem totally fine but if I sense a pattern in something that makes me think that things are gonna go on the decline soon even if everyone else is happy, I speak my mind based solely on that. Also I'm way too unmotivated to be a Judger. xD

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, INFPs commonly mistype as INFJs and INFJs will commonly mistype as INFPs. This is because INFJs lead with a perceiving function (Ni). I have heard that some INFPs can appear as judgers due to their dominant judging function (Fi) and that some INFJs can appear as perceivers. ENFP is also a possibility. I have a few questions that will clear up any confusions about your type.
1.What are you best at? Finding meanings and the essence of an idea, being authentic and sticking to your values no matter what, or coming up with new ideas and brainstorming?
2. What are you worst at? Living in the moment and being aware of your surroundings, remembering details and keeping things in their place, or being organized, planning, and being efficient?
3. How do you act when you are extremely stressed? Do you overindulge in sensory pleasures (being impulsive, obsessively taking care of sensory details, overeating, etc.), become obsessed with getting things done, and being uncharacteristically harsh and bossy, or do you bind yourself in routines and become obsessed with details?
4. Do you tend to focus on improving one single idea or insight or do you focus on multiple ideas?

Answer these questions and I will have a better picture of what your type is.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=41022]Tigerfalcon8[/MENTION] -- thank you again for trying to help me so much. I know you don't have to be. XD

1. What are you best at? Finding meanings and the essence of an idea, being authentic and sticking to your values no matter what, or coming up with new ideas and brainstorming?

So this is a bit difficult because although I definitely do have strong personal values, I also consider myself easy going, and my mind CAN be changed ONLY if someone's reasoning is defying mine. For example, if I say I don't believe in the death penalty, I might very strongly feel that way. But if someone is like "I see your point. Have you ever considered point A and B, though?" and they're making sense to me in a way that suggests it somehow IS more helpful to have it, my mind can easily be changed. It's not as important for me to keep my values exactly the same, as it is for me to be open to the possibility I may be wrong and alter my values based on that. Ultimately I'm someone who just wants to make sense so I can be ACTUALLY helpful vs unconsciously detrimental disguised as helpful.

I'm good at coming up with new ideas and brainstorming when I'm talking to someone else who initiates those things. When I'm on my own, I don't think much about those types of things at all, as opposed to my old roommate -- an ENTP -- whose brain was ALWAYS on finding inventive ways to do things. I'm sorry if I'm being confusing.

2. What are you worst at? Living in the moment and being aware of your surroundings, remembering details and keeping things in their place, or being organized, planning, and being efficient?

Probably being organized and planning. I'm efficient only when I'm already confident in my abilities. Example: in the warehouse, I found something I was naturally good at, so being efficient simply meant being comfortable enough to move fast. If I don't trust myself I become lazy because I get too worried about making a mistake to be faster.

As far as organizing and planning goes, I just don't care about it, and that's why I suck at it lol.

3. How do you act when you are extremely stressed? Do you overindulge in sensory pleasures (being impulsive, obsessively taking care of sensory details, overeating, etc.), become obsessed with getting things done, and being uncharacteristically harsh and bossy, or do you bind yourself in routines and become obsessed with details?

I overindulge in sensory things, no question. Usually I'm just looking for something to take my mind off of things until I'm ready to process them.

4. Do you tend to focus on improving one single idea or insight or do you focus on multiple ideas?

I definitely prefer tackling one idea at a time, especially if I'm debating someone. I feel like jumping from topic to topic is a way to deflect sometimes. It actually really annoys me.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're welcome. I think that you are INFJ. Remember - one's true MBTI type is not based on dichotomies - it is based on the cognitive functions that one uses. I have heard that INFJs are some of the most perceiving of the judging types.
While INFJs have very strong values, they tend to value harmony and they are less obstinate with their values than an INFP is. You said that "your mind CAN be changed ONLY if someone's reasoning is defying mine" - that's Fe-Ti. An INFP will normally stick to their values no matter what, whether it is reasonable or not. INFJs tend to be more open-minded with their values (due to auxiliary Fe and tertiary Ti) than INFPs (due to their dominant Fi). INFJs also are Te PoLR.
While you are a great brainstormer, you said that you tend to focus on one idea or insight. That's Ni, not Ne.
Although there are some things that point to inferior Te, inferior Se is much more likely. You lack awareness of your surroundings and you engage in sensory pleasures when in "grip stress." That is inferior Se. INFJs can also be hypercritical when they are in grip stress (due to their ESTP shadow).

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're welcome. I think that you are INFJ. Remember - one's true MBTI type is not based on dichotomies - it is based on the cognitive functions that one uses. I have heard that INFJs are some of the most perceiving of the judging types.
While INFJs have very strong values, they tend to value harmony and they are less obstinate with their values than an INFP is. You said that "your mind CAN be changed ONLY if someone's reasoning is defying mine" - that's Fe-Ti. An INFP will normally stick to their values no matter what, whether it is reasonable or not. INFJs tend to be more open-minded with their values (due to auxiliary Fe and tertiary Ti) than INFPs (due to their dominant Fi). INFJs also are Te PoLR.
While you are a great brainstormer, you said that you tend to focus on one idea or insight. That's Ni, not Ne.
Although there are some things that point to inferior Te, inferior Se is much more likely. You lack awareness of your surroundings and you engage in sensory pleasures when in "grip stress." That is inferior Se. INFJs can also be hypercritical when they are in grip stress (due to their ESTP shadow).

I looked at a few articles, and took a test specifically designed for telling the two apart, and got INFJ with those also. I'm not really sure how I could have missed that for so long lol (I'm 28 and have been fucking around with this stuff for like...the last 8 years.) Not too happy about it just because now if someone asks and I have to tell them INFJ, they'll be like "Great...another one of those people who THINKS they're one," haha. But it is what it is, what you said seems to make the most sense. Anyway I greatly appreciate the time you took, I go back and forth on type a lot and your detailed description is inevitably what made the most sense to me.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks! It seems as if the most admired MBTI types are INFJ, INTJ, and ENTJ. They are admired for being rare and they are depicted as types with "special qualities" that no other types have. Personally, I have received INTJ and ENTJ on tests frequently.
But in reality, there are many types that have similar qualities to each other. ESTJs have high propensities to leadership, like ENTJs. INFPs can be just as creative as INFJs. ISTJs can be just as logical as INTJs.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm feeling xNFJ, leaning towards INFJ. Definitely an Fe-Ti dynamic based on your responses; there's an attunement to the values of one's environment and tendency towards harmonizing (which isn't mutually exclusive with having strong personal beliefs). I think [MENTION=41022]Tigerfalcon8[/MENTION] did a good job with follow-up questions with respect to MBTI, and I'm inclined to say inferior Se based on some of your responses.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Honestly, I was going to say I can see some T-flavor in your writing, but there's a high F quality mixed in there as well. I don't want to say ENTJ because some of your responses don't match that at all, so maybe ENFJ? You could be INFJ too, though in my opinion that's a bit off.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJs tend to have a well-developed thinking side even though they are feelers. I see an Fe-Ti dynamic and I also see parts of Fi dominant and Te inferior.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just wanted to thank everyone for all of the responses. Especially with how many agree that I'm at least an NFJ type/the lack of confusion. Really clearing a lot up for me, and since INFJ was suggested I've been doing so much research that adds up now. I haven't checked out much on ENFJs yet but I'm going to do that also just to see if I can rule it out or not.