User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 32

  1. #21
    Member Drunkstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vendrah View Post
    ence, I met some good bunch of S on Battlefield in the brazilian community (I stopped by a year now because of personal reason but I dont plan to come back, battlefield became not only a poor game, but full of cheaters), but in battlefield stats I noticed a lot of people which didnt interact when play and were highly unacessible. My guess is that from these people the most common type should be INTP.
    I see, I think the way the tests are designed make people prone to be typed INxx, specially teenagers. Anyway, I'm brazilian too so if you wanna chat more fluidly sometime you're free to PM.

  2. #22
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkstein View Post
    I see, I think the way the tests are designed make people prone to be typed INxx, specially teenagers.
    If that's the case then why do the statistics say that Ns are rare?

    Though, from what I've heard, the more recent statistics have a higher number of N scores than the older statistics, so the reference to age probably has a degree of validity.
    the lone star flies alone

  3. #23
    Member Drunkstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    If that's the case then why do the statistics say that Ns are rare?

    Though, from what I've heard, the more recent statistics have a higher number of N scores than the older statistics, so the reference to age probably has a degree of validity.
    The earlier statistics were gathered from people who were filling a form, there was no internet, those were people applying to jobs etc. Many times they answered according to what they think a company would want them to be, that's why according to statistics many people back then were ESxJ.

    These days many people (specially teens) like to take tests through internet and spend a lot of time on the internet (introverts) and see themselves as introspective/daydreamer, internet tests types them as intuitives for this reason. So most people taking tests here end up getting INxx but that may not be their actual type. I do think intuitives are a bit more rare though, not sure if 25% of population as the early tests suggest.

  4. #24
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkstein View Post
    The earlier statistics were gathered from people who were filling a form, there was no internet, those were people applying to jobs etc. Many times they answered according to what they think a company would want them to be, that's why according to statistics many people back then were ESxJ.

    These days many people (specially teens) like to take tests through internet and spend a lot of time on the internet (introverts) and see themselves as introspective/daydreamer, internet tests types them as intuitives for this reason. So most people taking tests here end up getting INxx but that may not be their actual type. I do think intuitives are a bit more rare though, not sure if 25% of population as the early tests suggest.
    I did a quick google search and couldn't find any statistics of online tests (do you know of any?). I know that on typology websites the numbers are INxx heavy, but that could be because the numbers really are INxx heavy (because INxx are more likely to use these sites).
    the lone star flies alone

  5. #25
    Member Drunkstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I did a quick google search and couldn't find any statistics of online tests (do you know of any?). I know that on typology websites the numbers are INxx heavy, but that could be because the numbers really are INxx heavy (because INxx are more likely to use these sites).
    yeah, like the numbers on forums etc but also the numbers after people have just taken the test are INxx. I don't have any statistics, I just remember seeing it here and there, it usually goes something like:

    most common:

    INFP
    INFJ
    INTP
    ENFP
    INTJ
    ENTP
    ISTP
    ISFP
    ENFJ

    then, the somewhat rare in forums:

    ENTJ
    ESTP
    ESFP
    ISFJ
    ISTJ

    then types who basically never show up or show up once:

    ESTJ
    ESFJ

  6. #26
    Senior Member Vendrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    109

    Default

    I had marked 16personalities and truity tests all in middle neutral to see what they come by..
    16P returned ISFP with 51% in I/E,T/F and J/P, and 55% in S/N.
    Truity returned ISFP either, I dont remember the numbers because I did it some days ago, but there was 58% for S.
    There is a lot of dynamics, but if the neutral answers are returning to sensor side, we can actually even say that these tests are more S biased than N biased. Keys2cognition test refused to give a result to neutral answers (smart move..).

    We got a lot of different tests on MBTI, people on TypoC and PerC uses a lot of different tests, from different sources, with different questions, I dont get why all these tests are wrong at the same time (because some people here wants more sensors?). Thats true even for OkCupid, which is online dating site (I dont have an acc there lol):



    Its full of INxxs either, and I wouldnt be surprised if they have their own MBTI test.

    The tests made by real life form filling by more strict methods arent company related, these statistics comes from pure research only and not for hiring, so the persons doesnt need to answer anything to make someone happy. These searchs change from places over the world, I know one country which statistics from N-S are close to 50%-50% (Japan). Others are more sensor biased although (Brazil, US..). And about these same tests, it is found that in specific enviroments there are over-represented types and under-represented types, actually the carreer advice is given a lot towards these statistics.

    Just to complement, 16P has their own stats on people which answers their online test per country and most countrys are full of INs. So its the INs who tends to like to do these tests and in multiple times and not these tests that likes to give INxx as result.

    Its the only letter on my 4-letter code that is 100% consistent to me on all tests. No test, even the most simply ones, ever gave me S. In cognitive functions, all my N functions are always higher than any of my S functions as well. At best, it could be that my skills (not preference!) in using Se and Si are equal to Ne and Ni.

    EDIT: I remembered that, for reasons I never understood (people list this as an empath trait altough I dont consider myself fully as empath), I do sometimes adhere to other people´s expression, absorbing their way of talking and expression as my own. I lived in two different places and, in Brazil, we have some variations of language and way of speaking, there is a way of speaking in the state of Sao Paulo, another one in the northeast, and etc... I ended up having a way of talking (aka sotaque) of my own. Perhaps because I lived with sensor I could had absorbed a lot sensor´s way of talking without realizing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkstein View Post
    Anyway, I'm brazilian too so if you wanna chat more fluidly sometime you're free to PM.
    Cool.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Quick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx
    Posts
    222

    Default

    #4

    ENFP - because to DO anything you want is different than Thinking anything you want.
    You could have answered that many different ways but went with power=freedom
    You could be ESFP or INFP.
    There is a very thin line that separates genius from madness and it is a red line that is razor sharp.
    Be careful what you expose yourself to because it could very well ruin you.

    Likes Vendrah liked this post

  8. #28
    Senior Member Quick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    If that's the case then why do the statistics say that Ns are rare?

    Though, from what I've heard, the more recent statistics have a higher number of N scores than the older statistics, so the reference to age probably has a degree of validity.
    The whole culture is turning upside down. That's why.
    There is a very thin line that separates genius from madness and it is a red line that is razor sharp.
    Be careful what you expose yourself to because it could very well ruin you.


  9. #29
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    The whole culture is turning upside down. That's why.
    Do you think it's to do with the rise in technology, e.g. the internet?

    People are now able to socialise in a virtual world, and it's, as they say "the age of information". So people might feel more in tune with ideas than they once were.

    I wonder what the true statistics are though, assuming there is an actual truth to the whole thing, which tbh there probably is but it's a complex truth.
    the lone star flies alone

  10. #30
    Senior Member Quick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Do you think it's to do with the rise in technology, e.g. the internet?

    People are now able to socialise in a virtual world, and it's, as they say "the age of information". So people might feel more in tune with ideas than they once were.

    I wonder what the true statistics are though, assuming there is an actual truth to the whole thing, which tbh there probably is but it's a complex truth.

    My understanding is that it is the fall of science.
    There is a very thin line that separates genius from madness and it is a red line that is razor sharp.
    Be careful what you expose yourself to because it could very well ruin you.


Similar Threads

  1. What's my type? Type me based on my painting process?
    By Paris34 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 05:17 PM
  2. What's my type based on facts/anecdotes
    By cloudcake in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 07:45 PM
  3. What's My Type?
    By MuraKoji in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 09:07 AM
  4. Results are here. What's my type?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 09:46 AM
  5. What's my type,
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO