• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Still confused about my type... (Type me based on a scenario)

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm going to copy my PerC thread here to the typology central forums.

Yeah, I dont really connect with the ENFP description. I know, you guys have been already tired trying to type me, but the thing is, every MBTI type I type myself with, I always find inconsistences, a type's traits that I dont connect with. So ENFP's are known for being pretty energeting and social type of people, I don't find myself to be that much a societal and energetic kind of person, also while ENFP's are types that are typicaly determined and have lots of willpower to fultfil their "dreams", I just keep staying in my "Comfort" zone; I'm not that much of high determination person and my willpower is pretty low.

So, this time instead of just fultfilling questionaires and posting random irrelevant stuff that PerC forumers dont seem to take into account when typing me, I will just write down a situation I had when going to movie, through dialogs and "placement" and experience descriptions , so lets begin!

Keep in mind that I will refer to other persons in that situation with nicknames instead of their real names, because I'm sure they wouldn't be happy if I write down their real names here in public forums, that wouldn't be generous of me.

NOTE: There are alot of asteriks and quotation marks, which could annoy and confuse you, because appearently it does for some people. I'm obviously too lazy to edit/fix my writing, since I wanted to make a quick copy of my PerC thread to here to typology central forums, so you have to read it like that.

Me: *In my mind* "So soon I will go to the movie theatre. Eh, not that I'm fond of finding going to theatre movies fun, but I guess social outside activites are always good and refreshing, besides, the movie is How to Train Your Dragon, where I get to see Astrid, a pretty attractive female character. Uh, ignore this part, stupid urges..."

* - Getting into the Car, with Driver (I will refer her as "Driver woman), a 13-12 years old kid (I will refer him as "Middle kid" and a 8-9 years old child inside (I will refer him as the "Youngster), I am 20 years old myself, while the "Driver woman" is about somewhere twice the age of mine.

Driver woman: "So, how it is going on?"
Me: "Uh, fine..."
Driver woman: "We are going to the movie, we are going to watch How to Train Your Dragon"
Me: "So, when the movie begins?"
Driver woman: "After 40 minutes."

* Minutes later on

Me: "Damn, I forgot that I had to take off money from my bank"
Driver woman: "Ouch! So what are you going to do?"
Me: "We should stop on a nearby bank to take off money"

*I leave the car to go to the back to take money, seeing it being closed/not working*

Me: "Damnit, why the fuck it is closed? I thought it supposed to work 24/7 hours everyday?"
Me: *Returns to car* "The bank is closed, I cant take money."
Me: "We should drive to another place where I can take off money"
Driver woman: "No, we dont have time."
Me: "Wait what?
Me: "We have 40 thats plenty of time"
Driver woman: "No, It's not, we have 30 minutes now, we will not be able to arrive in time then."
Me: "That's enough time, what are you talking about?"
Driver woman: "Driving to the theatre, entering it, buying tickets and food for the movie takes plenty of time."
Me: *Expresses mild annoyance*
Driver woman: "*Calls my name* You should be more responsible, you should not forget to next time take money off!"

* More minutes later

Driver woman: "Where should I turn?"
Middle kid: "Right"
Me: "Right"
Driver woman: *Procceds to ignore our words and drives other direction*
Me: "I said Right damnit, whats not understandable!?"
Driver woman: "Chill out, dont yell at me, there is a sophisticated way to tell things, have some dignity!"
Me: "We both said you should turn Right, but you didn't listen, what you'd expect?"
Driver woman: "That does not mean you should show your nerves and raise your voice on me!"
Me: *Gets really annoyed by Driver woman's stupidity* "But you didnt listened to-"
Driver woman: "No *My name*, you need to control your nerves."

(I wanted to call her stupid, but I'd knew I'd expect dissapointment if I didn't shown the correct "Sophisticated" behavour, so I refrained from calling, well insulting her by calling her stupid, she probably would cancel our tour to watch the movie, so I tried to control myself.)

* Later on inside the theatre

Driver woman: "Ok, you three will go to watch the How to Train Your Dragon Movie, I will go to watch a different movie *Dont remember It's name*"
Me: *In my mind* "Are you serious? You can't be! what the fuck?"
Me and the 2 kids: *Entering the How to Train Your Dragon room movie, realising it still runs different cartoon*
Middle kid: "Our time calculations are wrong, the movie How to Train Your Dragon will begin in 40 minutes, looks like I will call her."
Middle kid: "Yeah, our movie will begine in just 40 minutes, not now."
Driver woman: "What? Ask them if they want to wait."
Youngster: "I will wait"
Me: "Me too I guess."
Me: *Inside my mind* "This is unacceptable, first her going to a different movie, leaving us here, and now we have to wait 40 minutes, maybe I should consider going home, this is a dissapointment."
Yongster: "But I want Driver woman to be with us"
Me: "Man, I changed my mind, I want to go home, this is such a dissapointment."
Me: "Why did she think of leaving us three here and going to a different movie? Arent going to a movie supposed to be an together experience, and not every one of us going to a differnt movies? Way to go."
Me: *Leaves the theatre, suddently seeing that Buses are not available today"
Me: *Asks the theatre guard* "Sorry sir, are there no buses today?"
Guard: "No, It's a holiday today, so there are no buses today."
Me: *Gets annoyed to hell* "Are you kidding me? Who thought of that? How I'm supposed to get home?"
Guard: "I dont know."
Me: *After a few minutes, I enter the threatre again.*
Me: *Seeing that the other 2 are dissapeared from the Hall, thought that 2 of them have entered to see the movie already*
Me: *Standing near the Movie rooms hall, thinking that the woman standing there guarding will not let me in now...*
Me: *Being very angry. Thoughts about having to wait them hour untill they leave, also thinking "Get the fuck out of my sights" when seeing the Frozen 2 Trailer playing, feeling of humiliation, like imagining Elsa is seeing me like that*

* 15 minutes later standing near the Movies hall, finaly calming down and asking the woman if I she can let me in

Me: *does It's full might to talk in non-angry, calm way* "Hey, I buyed a ticket for the How to Train Your Dragon Movie, and I left for a certain time, can you let me in?"
Guard woman: "Yeah, go in."
Me: *Looking at the Ralph breaks the internet billboard, with the feeling of embrassement*
Me: *Entering the How to Train Your Dragon Movie Room, in the middle standing trying to look for the 2 kids*
Me: *In my mind* "Man, this is so embarrasing..."
Me: *Seeing the Driver woman sitting with the other 2*
Me: *Feeling relief and going to take a seat near them*
Driver woman: "I'm very happy that you came back!"

*Later on when the movie ended

Me: "Why did you decided to go to a different movie at the start?"
Driver woman: "Whats the problem? You can handle all that stuff yourself, you are pretty grown up for that."
Me: "It's not because of that, going to the movie is supposed to be an together experience, not that each of us go to different movies, thats not how 'Together' activities work."
Driver woman: *Repeats the same stuff*

So yeah, I will post more situations, if that one is not enough.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Im sorry to say but I cant type well with a scenario. I skip reading that because I wouldnt arrive with a good answer with that, but I want to help (mainly because nobody seemed to answer you), and I have something interesting to say.

I want to point something about both ENTPs and ENFPs. ENxPs are sometimes usually known as introverted extroverts, or ambiverts. That happens because their primary extroverted function (hope you are familiar with cognitive functions and function stack) can be active while they are alone. They usually get too bored/drained after long sessions of both socializing or being alone. Not all ENFPs are the social butterflies that the descriptions usually say. Try search "introverted enfps" on google and you will have a lot to read about on that subject.
Another point I want to make is that the MBTI thing is far from perfect, so, I recommend you to not realistically (english is not my first language and I think I wrote realistically wrong) expect to fullfill in every characteristic trait they point out in descriptions. Descriptions usually forget to say what MBTI doesnt measure or what kind of traits are MBTI Free. Some people even create descriptions in a way to make you feel that you fit in perfectly, because they wont want anyone questioning the whole MBTI thing and they know that people saying "Wow, thats me" helps for the marketing. I wouldnt be here if I though MBTI was just garbage, but it is not perfect. I recommend you to do tests that display results with both your 4 letter type and your cognitive functions. Since the whole thing is not perfect and that the cognitive function seems to never match up perfectly in order to anyone, these tests are usually not popular, but they are quite honest because they do admit their fault, and if you know well about cognitive functions you can understand what are the differences between you and the regular-standard ENFP. Typology central test is one of the three tests I know that does that, so I recommend you to give it a try, and if you share the result here, I could help you more (PM me if I dont reply, because I dont think I set my notifications right).
And

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im sorry to say but I cant type well with a scenario. I skip reading that because I wouldnt arrive with a good answer with that, but I want to help (mainly because nobody seemed to answer you), and I have something interesting to say.

I want to point something about both ENTPs and ENFPs. ENxPs are sometimes usually known as introverted extroverts, or ambiverts. That happens because their primary extroverted function (hope you are familiar with cognitive functions and function stack) can be active while they are alone. They usually get too bored/drained after long sessions of both socializing or being alone. Not all ENFPs are the social butterflies that the descriptions usually say. Try search "introverted enfps" on google and you will have a lot to read about on that subject.
Another point I want to make is that the MBTI thing is far from perfect, so, I recommend you to not realistically (english is not my first language and I think I wrote realistically wrong) expect to fullfill in every characteristic trait they point out in descriptions. Descriptions usually forget to say what MBTI doesnt measure or what kind of traits are MBTI Free. Some people even create descriptions in a way to make you feel that you fit in perfectly, because they wont want anyone questioning the whole MBTI thing and they know that people saying "Wow, thats me" helps for the marketing. I wouldnt be here if I though MBTI was just garbage, but it is not perfect. I recommend you to do tests that display results with both your 4 letter type and your cognitive functions. Since the whole thing is not perfect and that the cognitive function seems to never match up perfectly in order to anyone, these tests are usually not popular, but they are quite honest because they do admit their fault, and if you know well about cognitive functions you can understand what are the differences between you and the regular-standard ENFP. Typology central test is one of the three tests I know that does that, so I recommend you to give it a try, and if you share the result here, I could help you more (PM me if I dont reply, because I dont think I set my notifications right).
And

I took the Typology central's test, and I've got this: ENFP Ne > Fi = Ni > Se > Te > Ti > Si > Fe, It's written in my signature. Through I dont really trust this result since I can relate to Ti kinda easly and both to inferior Fe. Maybe could be possibly I am ENTP, but I thought that ISTP seem to fit me because Se activies can also energise me, I'm not talking about football/exercising however, since It's stuff that gets just boring very quickly due to It's repetitiveness and football is just overall too much hyped, It's literaly just running non-stop after the ball and can get frustrating because I'm typicaly not good at football, and never really desired so which is why I think Se is either secondary or tertiary, which kinda questions me whether I am ISTP or XNTP... I'm more into stuff like laser tag, "adventures", exploring, swimming/water activites, video gaming, and I typicaly want to do those activities with many people, because doing those activities alone doesent seem energising much as doing it together with people.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Sorry I didnt paid atention to your signature :D

I already remember reading descriptions on ENFP being adventurous and the exploring thing is a bit more related to the P letter than to Se. Although exploring through Ne is abstract and exploring through Se is concrete, but Ne does demand new experiencies in a concrete manner still.

I would like to frame my point of view on this, so what I am going to say next is more explainable and easier to understand. Some people say that the function stack should be in perfect order, but it never happens. So, thats it is my perspective indeed but it doesnt mean that it is wrong, is that in the function stack, the 1st function is supposed to be in first in the tests, the 2nd function is to be in second place, the 3rd function should be in third place, all that if there is no introversion or extroversion main functions split (Ne=Ni for example is a split), but the 4th function is supposed to be in the 7th or 8th position and all other functions are free to move along the stack, giving the personality uniquiness and very deepness. Because if the 4th function was really in 4th position, the descriptions "lack of the 4th function", which is "lack of Si" for ENFP, wouldnt make any sense at all. The 4th position is in the middle, it is not supposing to be lacking, I never saw any sense on that, but there is a good tone of people who disagrees with me. People say lack of Si, but in that sense they should write about the lack of Se, lack of Ti, and so on, but I never saw anyone describing that. Also, Jung originally, I say I think because I didnt read Jung book about personality yet, doesnt have any specific order for his 8 functions, the order came later in Myers Briggs. Jung originally acceppts almost any function stack order. And one more thing, the complete and perfect function stacking admits and types the subconscious, I dont remember if it is the reverse in the 4 letter code or not (ISTJ for ENFP), but there should be in deep psycology several famous and accepted names on that area (such as Freud) that wouldnt agree at all that the unconscious/subconscious is simply some kind of reverse of the subconscious. Typing is not that easy on the conscious level, in the subconscious is even worse. I dont think that "since your conscious is ENFP so your subconscious has to be ISTJ and cant be different" really follows.

So, in your case, I ask: Have you done the test multiple times in different days, and perhaps different tests (but with 4 letter code and function stacks)? If you do, what happens in a consistent way? Is Ne always first or second? Is Fi always first, second or third? Does Te ever gets to be third? Is Si always on the back of the pack (the lack of Si is important, not the lack of Fe)? I will continue assuming that almost everything is consistent.

Although I see a small intuition split (which could be the tests fault), Ne is in the 1st position, Fi is in the 2nd position, and until that point, I see ENFP in a regular manner. But then Te is a little bit off there and Si is just where it should be.

In the cognitive function stacks sense, the difference between you and the regular ENFP:
1) Your intuition seems a little split (Ni is too strong), and, although that happens, Ne is still on first place, meaning that you are very intuitive and that factor makes you more introverted. This change could have a tons of meanings and if I get deep on that Ill sure make lot of mistakes, so its up to you to observe how Ni plays on yourself. But this could be a problem in the definition of the test.
EDIT: Ni can ressonance with Te giving birth to some INTJ traits, but since your Te seems weaker than usual that shouldnt happen.
OR (these are not supposed to happen at the same time).
The test made an error on Ni, and Ni should be 4th and Se in 3rd place. In that case, you seem to have a strong Se, and with that should come some SP characteristics as well. Again, Im not risking detail, but I recommend having a look on ISFP and ESFP descriptions. In this case, extroversion should not change (because Se is replacing other extroverted function) but this should make some of the people communicating to you to confuse you with ESFP.
2) Te is weak and "split". That factor is supposed to increase introversion. We cant say truly split since because the 4th house is free, it can be occupied by Ti. But since Te and Ti are almos equal, it is split. I ask you: Did it happen on your firsts MBTI tests? To be honest, I do myself consider Te and Ti closeness desirable, and that aspect on me appeared after I read about TevsTi stuff. Sometimes Te just fails in explaining, data and details sometimes just lack or cant be measured or are impossible to even experiment. Some people still force Te and usually that generate terrible conclusions, while Ti is a good or quick fix. Also, Ti supports Fi and is the best function to rationalize and organize your values, in a way that you wont lose your values in a debate because you said "because I feel is good or bad" but rather because you just know why you feel that something is good or bad. Although Te can help on that, it is not unsually that Ti is more efficient on the task, also, Te is more prone to being manipulated than Ti, since the data and details can be hidden or highlighted in order to manipulate.
3) Independently of the function stacks, because of Ne nature it is still possible to be an ambivert. Ambivert usually scores slightly I or E in tests that does not use function stacks.
4) Why not ISTP? Fi and Ne are way too high for ISTP, and Fi is way too high for Ti.
Why not INTP? You are not sure about the lack of Fe, and INTP the lack of Fe is important. Also, for INTP tertiary Si is important, and your Si is way too much in the back
Why not ENTP? It is the only possibility that really deserves attention, but Fi is too high compared to Ti, and Fe is not thertiary, although as you say the low Fe could be a issue of the test (but it is way far off so its unlikely).

My stack remember yours, in a stable way usually is:
Fi>Ne=Ni>Te>Ti>Se>Si=Fe
We are different mostly because of Se.
I am not much social in the present moment and I am always incredible energy lacking. My high Ni serves me as protection from bad experiences (forecasting the storm in order to avoid or get ready to it), and I always seem as quite rational, even though I am not that much (Te and Ti supports and give Fi good arguments. Also, Fi is usually hidden and Te is usually exposed).