• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My first "Type Me" questionnaire

MountainsOceans

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location: 22, F, NW England

Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?
Nope, I have no religious belief nor very strong political ones.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
Every type! I’m better at eliminating types I’m probably not. I don’t think I’m any of the EXXJ types and am likely to be more introverted than extroverted. Other than that I’ve overthought this whole thing so I’m now confused! I like to do a load of tests/questionnaires to try and give the biggest overview of how I am most of the time. I could answer a questionnaire using totally honest but different examples and come out with different results depending on my (very changeable) mood. So I’m trying to get the most accurate overview.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

Aaarrrrggghhhhh. I hate this question. I’m someone who WANTS purpose. For me, it’s not enough to get out of bed and do the same boring, repetitive, low paid job that I don’t care about. Funnily enough, that’s exactly what I do though.

I get stuck in analysis-paralysis when I think about what’s ‘perfect’ for me, and try to work out my absolute purpose. I’m adaptable and a jack of all trades so I can do many things but there’s nothing that stands out as being my ‘purpose’

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
I don’t know what they all are but sloth is laziness, right? I’m someone who tries so hard to be organised and makes lists of what needs to be done but never actually gets anything done so I have a full plan to clean, organise and spruce the house yet a massive pile of 3 weeks of washing and I’m still in yesterdays pjs.
But also greed (gluttony?) because when I indulge, I INDULGE! Zero self restraint around chocolate, biscuits, cake etc.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to:
Everyone and no-one. I’m not a ‘people-person’ but manage to get on with practically everyone at the same time. I don’t feel a deep connection to most people (only close family really) and I’m awful at maintaining friendships. I’m generally drawn to people who like a laugh, are laid back and are positive.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you
I don’t know. I have an adaptable personality that doesn’t lie at the extremes so most people get along with me but I can’t think of anyone that’s particularly drawn to me.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by
People who moan about EVERYTHING and bitch incessantly about others (when you can tell it’s coming from their own insecurities). Fake people who are all about ‘office politics’ and share their entire lives on social media.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

People with purpose, people who can stick to projects and plans. It’s not necessarily something I want to emulate in myself but something others can do that I can’t is go on a night/day out more than one day in a row. When I was at uni people wanted to go out several nights in a row and I’ll do one and it’ll wipe me out for a month.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
Not something I experience regularly but when I do, it’s an adrenaline fuelled red-rage that turns me nasty, stubborn and reckless. I understand the term ‘seeing red! It's like a wave that passes over me and makes me fizz with energy (not a good energy obviously).

b) Shame
I’ve not experienced much shame in my life.

c) Fear
I’ve always been overly cautious. Even as a small child I wouldn’t do things that had the potential to cause me pain (riding a bike, gymnastics).

d) Love/passion
Passion is something very lacking in my life. Love for my family is the strongest thing and it’s knowing I’m supported and will support those close to me.

e) Conflict
I hate conflict and always try to diffuse a situation. I don’t believe in holding grudges or being petty. However if I am in the right and tactful, diplomatic ways don’t work then I do have a tendency to snap. One extreme or the other and my angry extreme is kinda brutal.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

I can be flighty, forever looking for a fresh start and thinking about the next thing. When I was in my early teens and my future was an open book it was great to dream about the potentials, then when I had to start making choices I realised that whilst I can see possibilities I didn’t know which one to take, so now I’m in a situation of having tried extremely different things and haven’t yet found anything I really love.

8) What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose
At uni I studied biology (hated it), currently work in HR (hate it). I chose it because an opportunity came up and I needed a job to pay money as I was unemployed! I don’t know where to go from here as I don’t know what job/job area I’d like to go into.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
I don’t meet new people very often to be honest. I’d probably say my biggest focus is on never knowing what to say!

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
We are our own downfall. Every ‘good’ advancement we make just creates another problem. As a race we’re too far up our own backsides, destructive to the planet and need to slow down.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Painting/drawing, rewatching the same films/TV shows that I love, shopping (I am a shopaholic. I LOVE clothes), nature, fitness and healthy eating (actually all eating. I love baking and eating cake)

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
Uh…I don’t. I very much keep to myself. I sometimes go out after work on a Friday to have a few drinks and a chat and I like small groups so it’s not too rowdy but I can sit back a listen if I don’t feel talkative. In terms of activities, I generally do stuff with my family rather than friends but I love country walks and anything involving food.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Actions. Words are just words. They’re comforting for a short period of time but if there’s no follow through then they’re empty. However words can be very hurtful.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion

They all sounds horrible. My memories are very precious to me so I’d keep them. I’d hate to be immortal. I’d probably choose to lose my sensation of taste. At least that way I’d never end up morbidly obese because I love the taste of chocolate!

16) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I tend to either be full on or full off. For example, if I’m on a health kick I will be completely immersed. Dress the part, eat the part, learn everything I can. Some obsessions are short lived, others last a long time.

17) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
I’m a mix of both! I try to be organised and planned but my reality is that everything goes out of the window

18) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
A calm, quiet, beautiful place. I surround myself with soft materials (blankets, pyjamas, my cats), delicious food/drink and like to watch beautiful things whether that’s a sunset over the sea, snow falling silently, bees buzzing in a tree full of blossom….

Hope someone can give me some insight- please feel free to ask further questions :)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Welcome to the forum! :bye:

From your answers, I would guess 9sp.

And I'd be inclined to suggest INFP for MBTI. Or a type with high Ne.