• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Your Experiences with ESTPs

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now that we have an ESTP president(-elect) in the US (even if you don't claim him to be your president), I thought it would be a good time to start an ESTP thread.

One common ploy I've seen with the ESTP is to play a game I call Let's Make A Deal. You give them an inch and they try to take a mile. And then there's the bargaining for advantage...

Although I have officially typed my oldest step-daughter as an ESFP, she definitely has ESTP moments (and might technically be an ESXP). You can tell because of the Ti-auxiliary that comes out at times. It doesn't arise as an interest in pursuing logic but in finding a flaw in some "contract," rule, or arrangement made with her. Finding a flaw is, of course, always supposed to be to her advantage.

It's all about The Art Of The Deal. If you can lie to your advantage, then so be it. If you can claim that you "forgot" and get away with it, then so be it. As Ti functions (or Thinking in general functions), there is no moral to anything. With Se at the fore, we're talking about purely material gain, with amoral logic acting as co-pilot attempting to tear apart your arguments in order to get ahead in the game.

The ESTP is great at making sense out of the world, and more, making sure that the sense remains. Nothing beyond that sense of how the world works is ever allowed inside. If something occurs outside of this subjective reasoning, they will immediately ask "Why?"

The ESTP is great at self-promotion, and will extend this to others if it is to their advantage. Boxing promoter Don King is an excellent example.

ESTPs will do or say anything to win, and are extremely competitive. If they don't think they can win, they won't play. When I was growing up, an ESTP friend of mine used to play the original Battleship game with me, not the electronic version. I was calling out hits and he was claiming they were misses. I know because my mother caught him red-handed. He would mark playing cards by bending the corners, which is probably why he preferred that we play cards at his house instead of mine.

And the deal-making. Always making deals. But deeper than that is an innate ability to read others. If the ESTP knows what drives you, then that can be used to advantage. Knowing something that you like, the ESTP will often try to take advantage of that in order to acquire something for themselves.

The ESTP is a gambling type. ESTPs are so addicted to gambling that, while riding a train through a rainstorm, they will compete with each other to see whose raindrop will reach the bottom of a window first.

The ESTP is of course extremely observant, but only because they know what to look for beforehand. Another ESTP friend had a knack for finding money in taverns or wherever people are likely to drop it. The art of the deal can easily become the art of conning, and this has given the ESTP type a bad rap as a thief and/or con artist. But every type has its criminal side.

If the ESTP manages to acquire substantial material wealth, then generosity becomes a new trait. The ESTP can be quite magnanimous, although it is easy to see that giving to charity can also be used to certain advantage.

They are not usually an unfriendly type. They are not directly controlling, but they are usually indirectly controlling. Instead of forcing you through threat of violence, which makes him an enemy, the all-mighty dollar makes you his friend.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
ESTP reporting in on this awesome post.
They are not usually an unfriendly type. They are not directly controlling, but they are usually indirectly controlling. Instead of forcing you through threat of violence, which makes him an enemy, the all-mighty dollar makes you his friend.
This bit made me laugh really hard because it's very true. I find ESTPs have this inability to value the intangible of what they offer to people (support, understanding, etc.) so they resort to something that's easy for them to grasp and measure: stuff.

I would also argue ESTPs have a tougher time really committing to relationships unless they deem the relationship productive. Maybe it's just me, but it's a lot harder for me to have friends for the sake of just having someone, or to go hang out and do nothing. I need activity that leads to something, even if it's something minor like learning something new, brainstorming, or talking ideas. I'm not really a feelings person (even though I get feelings, but I find focusing on them to be fairly unproductive) so I find I lose focus in relationships that are very demanding of my emotional support. I'm only a good shoulder to cry on for so long, and unless the person actually does something proactive to help themselves out of the situation, I begin to feel drained and annoyed. I also find it's easier for me to bounce back from an emotionally traumatic even than most due to the ability to rationalize and compartmentalize feelings. Again, this could just be more of a "me" thing instead of an ESTP thing but I had to mention it in regards to the "not unfriendly" bit.

A defining trait for ESTPs (and the easiest way to spot them IMO) is their impatience. They talk fast, move fast, and seem to have these high bursts of energy where they're incredibly enthusiastic and eager to get everything done RIGHT NOW. Their Se also becomes quite evident in conversation when the focus is on theory and idealization without application. Ti makes them very critical but they can only talk about ideas so long before they either move into action, or stop paying attention because the idea is not something they can jump into head first. An ESTP without a level of action taking is generally a very bored ESTP and can sometimes lead to irritability. This is a really good description of their Se:

SeTi’s need a certain level of impulsiveness in life to be happy. While they don’t absolutely abhor schedules, it does get irritating for them when a schedule becomes more important than doing the things a schedule is supposed to allow time for. They also might break the rules from time to time, but not necessarily to rebel or make a point. They simply don’t think in terms of rules and procedures. Their focus is on actions that will accomplish specific things.

Rules typically restrict people to doing a certain thing in a certain limited way, and SeTi’s tend to just want results immediately, without being restricted to achieving their goals in a predetermined way. They have a hard time not moving to action right away. They aren’t likely to be against rules in principle, but when the rules become more important than the desired outcome, then rules start to seem really ridiculous and counterproductive them.

SeTi’s are excited about the here and now of what is going on around them. They are very present, and might find it difficult to plan far into the future. They are so fully present in the moment that the current situation they find themselves in feels like it’s their whole world. If you were to ask an SeTi what their life is like, they may tell you about their current circumstances rather than the big picture.

However, this doesn’t mean they aren’t able to process things that aren’t immediately apparent to them. They are very interested in figuring things out on a deeper level - thinking about what “is”, and what makes it that way. The difference between an SeTi and similar, more introspective types, is that SeTi’s don’t want to have to stop and take their time to consider and analyze things, they prefer figuring things out in the midst of action, as they go. Sitting down to quietly study for a driving test is far less effective for this type than getting behind the wheel and actually practicing and figuring out how the car works as they go. They crave a hands-on approach.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I would also argue ESTPs have a tougher time really committing to relationships unless they deem the relationship productive. Maybe it's just me, but it's a lot harder for me to have friends for the sake of just having someone, or to go hang out and do nothing. I need activity that leads to something,"

That was Chuck all the way. His former friend, he said, became a Christian, and thus he no longer liked to do the fun stuff (such as stomping earthworms in mud puddles). It's not that they weren't friends, but they didn't hang out so much any more. And so I became the chosen one.

I must say that Chuck got me out of the house a lot and away from my books, which was good. But he wasn't the best to have around socially because he had a bad side. So I acquired a bad rep simply by hanging around with him.

For example, Chuck could sometimes be a prankster, but only if he was unhappy with someone. So one day at a local restaurant/tavern he put some pepper in the top of a salt shaker where the pepper couldn't be seen. He unwisely did this at the table we were both sitting at. The next customer who sat there demanded a new hamburger because he accidentally poured pepper on it when he wanted salt. After that, it really wasn't a good place for me to go to anymore although I didn't do anything. I just happened to be sitting at the same table with Chuck.

That's the little tavern/restaurant in the middle of the picture. There was a sign with "poker in the rear" written on it.

Capture_zpsxekuy08n.jpg

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Talk about the art of the deal. Chuck managed to acquire a job at a newspaper as a paperboy with a route. As part of a contest, he was to offer non-customers deals to establish new customers. The deal was something like 3 free months for a subscription. But some customers simply won't go for it, because they don't like the liberal slant of the paper, or for whatever reason.

As a result, Chuck began offering them deals that were not authorized by the newspaper. That's when Let's Make A Deal begins. He would offer them 6 months, 7 months, a year of free papers in order to gain the subscription. When Chuck got fired, the newspaper found itself holding the bag for several unauthorized deals for free newspapers. And it was a daily newspaper, so that's 365 free papers with no guarantee that the new customer will stay subscribed after the deal runs out.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
@[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] damn, that's fair. I find we do have a "let's fuck with people" attitude a lot of the time just because we want to test them. I often find myself disagreeing with others just because I enjoy being contrarian and not because I necessarily disagree with people. A friend of mine recently told me he sometimes votes for a party he might not even like just to counter someone else's vote which is a pretty ESTP thing to do IMO. :shrug:

I wouldn't say all of us are about shady deals like in your example, but we're definitely motivated by persuading and getting people on our side. We don't need to be liked, we just want people to respect us and what we have to offer/say, hence why we excel in sales.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They always want to screw me, either literally or figuratively.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] damn, that's fair. I find we do have a "let's fuck with people" attitude a lot of the time just because we want to test them. I often find myself disagreeing with others just because I enjoy being contrarian and not because I necessarily disagree with people. A friend of mine recently told me he sometimes votes for a party he might not even like just to counter someone else's vote which is a pretty ESTP thing to do IMO. :shrug:

I wouldn't say all of us are about shady deals like in your example, but we're definitely motivated by persuading and getting people on our side. We don't need to be liked, we just want people to respect us and what we have to offer/say, hence why we excel in sales.

Chuck wasn't terribly bright and I'm not saying he is typical ESTP as far as intelligence or morals. My intent is to point out two characteristics: "Let's Make A Deal" and "Prankster." These can be good or bad traits, depending. Pranks can be funny or they can be hurtful.

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
My experience has been a mixed bag, just like with every MBTI type.

I love the ESTPs who know how to be adventurous and have fun without hurting others. Or breaking promises. Those ESTPs are the people I have and will continue to want in my social circle.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lot of this rings true for my two ESTP friends. Scruples are another matter and vary with maturity. [MENTION=26046]Dyslexxie[/MENTION] said something that was spot on. Impatience. Moving fast, action. They don't care for sitting still.
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] Have you done one for ISTP's yet? This is like an MBTI roast and you're the MC.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lot of this rings true for my two ESTP friends. Scruples are another matter and vary with maturity. [MENTION=26046]Dyslexxie[/MENTION] said something that was spot on. Impatience. Moving fast, action. They don't care for sitting still.
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] Have you done one for ISTP's yet? This is like an MBTI roast and you're the MC.

I've made a bunch of these.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Wow, this thread is so spot on (smile).

My romantic partner is an ESTP and so much of this fits. I was very reluctant to pursue anything with an ESTP. But, I’m glad he did win me over. I think maturity (not age, but = the psychological maturity of being able to respond to situations in an appropriate manner) is key for successful engagement. The ride will still be a WILD one (grin).

Initially I thought my ESTP was devoid of a conscience. He isn’t, but that first impression was supplied by a lot of things you describe [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION].

One common ploy I've seen with the ESTP is to play a game I call Let's Make A Deal. You give them an inch and they try to take a mile. And then there's the bargaining for advantage...

YES! “What’s In It For Me?” could be the leading mantra. Problematic if your interests don’t align. And, the fight will likely be ‘dirty’ if an ESTP feels you have betrayed them. BUT, it also means that they are intensely loyal to those on their team and will be a tenacious ally when practical support is needed.

It's all about The Art Of The Deal. If you can lie to your advantage, then so be it. If you can claim that you "forgot" and get away with it, then so be it. As Ti functions (or Thinking in general functions), there is no moral to anything. With Se at the fore, we're talking about purely material gain, with amoral logic acting as co-pilot attempting to tear apart your arguments in order to get ahead in the game.

Yep. I again think this is tempered by maturity, but will always be a strong motivation. Makes for amazing success in business situations but requires mature negotiation in personal settings.

The ESTP is great at making sense out of the world, and more, making sure that the sense remains. Nothing beyond that sense of how the world works is ever allowed inside. If something occurs outside of this subjective reasoning, they will immediately ask "Why?"

A huge part of making sense of the world includes the physical. If pressed, my ESTP will consider ‘head’ issues, but his primary way of interacting with the world is through physicality. He is not interested in prolonged discussions about people’s concerns, motivations etc… He is interested in what people are doing at that moment. What they bring to the table. He’ll complement you on your ‘passions or intelligence’ if forced, but he’ll notice your ass or the quality of your clothes first.

He says what he wants in the way that he wants. If he realizes he’s made an error he isn’t likely to apologize. But, if you are someone he cares about, he will adjust his future behaviour and attempt to SHOW change.

The ‘making sense of the world’ is key. An uncanny ability to discern what people want or think. These conclusions are usually correct and made in a lightning-sharp fashion. If you want to persuade an ESTP about anything outside of their ‘subjective reasoning’, you need to demonstrate how it is in their direct interests to change their view.

If the ESTP manages to acquire substantial material wealth, then generosity becomes a new trait. The ESTP can be quite magnanimous, although it is easy to see that giving to charity can also be used to certain advantage.

My guy is very generous and he is all the more happy if an alternative purpose will be served at the same time. But, he WILL definitely also give for no other reason than helping (and will do it anonymously if possible) if he think the person or cause truly merits it.

It’s been super disappointing to him that money and gifts don’t mean much to me. BUT, ESTP’s are also very curious to learn about people that surprise them and they long to be valued. If they think a person is quality, they will want them as a larger part of their life and will be willing to make compromises if they can convince themselves it’s ‘actually a win’ for them.

I agree with you [MENTION=26046]Dyslexxie[/MENTION] about the intense level of energy and being friendly. My ESTP is very outgoing and interested in all people. He will quickly lose interest if the person across from him is not stimulating in some way.

Ti makes them very critical but they can only talk about ideas so long before they either move into action, or stop paying attention because the idea is not something they can jump into head first.

If you want my ESTP to fall asleep from boredom, talk about ‘concepts’ for more than 15 minutes.

An example is politics. He's not interested in politics except for the factors of: what does he need to know/do to receive the most benefit from it, how can he have fun with it (being a s*hit disturber in casual conversations).

[MENTION=29951]erg[/MENTION]

They always want to screw me, either literally or figuratively.

ESTP’s live more in their bodies than in their heads. They are usually really good with physical expressions like sports. Sex is sport to an ESTP. I don’t mean that to come across as diminishing in any way. A good sports game can bring people together, be almost a religious experience and can be exhaustively thrilling.

People who ‘live in their heads’ can thus be a curiosity to them and the results can be pretty cool.

I totally get why people might think ESTP’s are selfish or morally ambivalent or superficial. But, that is to overlook a lot of the positives that ESTP’s possess. ESTP’s don’t gift wrap who they are for ANYONE. They are more forthright in presentation about things = that a lot of us other types try to disguise or refuse to acknowledge, within ourselves.

{Sidepoint: I read what I said about him to my ESTP and he said that other than the sex stuff, he doesn't get why I am interested in discussing this stuff. And, not to worry about painting him in 'too flattering of a picture'. Case in point :tongue:}

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're spontaneous. They're quick. They can please everyone so quickly yet hide their dirty tricks saved for their intimates. They're not afraid to smile and take what they want. They love good looking people. Compliment and seek out those who are amazing at sports. And just are well in catching everyone's attention. They're a bit more blunt than the ESFP's and are much more predictable than them.. but you have the thought of "oh whatever will they do next?" They definitely stick out and have a random obsession with INFJ's especially. It's like "I saw you in my dream" kind of look.

They're so fun, but seriously while I like them, they can tire me very quickly.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My bio-dad, my first step-dad and one of my brothers is ESTP. They seem pretty crazy to me and don't seem to think about consequences near as much as I did. And to my HSP-ness, I found them quite scary.

I remember when i was 5 my bio-dad turning me upside down in one of those ferris-wheels that has those enclosed cages where you can flip them upside down if you want. Scared me to death...and I had to beg him to stop. He was a narcissistic person, had a wondering eye, and his macho attitude was very much a turn-off...it wreaked of insecurity.

My 1st step-dad was also a risk taker. He was brilliant intellectually but had a problem with drugs. He also was bi-polar so his moods would swing considerably and he felt very unpredictable to me. He was also aggressive, persuasive, but fun at times. I also remember a time where he dunked me backwards into a pool of water when we were playing and scared me to death. He did save my life though one time when I fell out of a canoe and the current was taking me downstream...he had been trained as a national guard and was really good at being a lifeguard in his youth. He used to let me sit out on the windowsill of the car when we were driving, or occasionally let me steer the car when he needed to focus on filling his bong :unsure: (I was probably around 9 or 10 years old). I used to love watching Dr. Who and Monty Python with him....and he encouraged the protective side of my personality that I had for my brothers.

I'm surprised my little brother is alive. He's gotten injured so much. One time he tied dumbbells to a string and tied them to a tree limb, which came down and crashed on his head..... he lifted weights and slammed them down, pinching his finger in between and popping off the end of one of his fingers.... He is incredibly impulsive and makes poor choices frequently. He reminds me a lot of my 1st step-dad...even though he wasn't raised around him from the age of 2. He learned to ride a 2 wheel bike by the time he was 4...and is pretty much fearless. He is arrogant at times, and will argue even when he doesn't know much about the subject....he thinks he does though. He's an awesome salesman. He worked as a motorcycle salesman for Honda and did an incredible job.

I have seen a sweet side in all of these ESTP's that come out some times.... I wonder if they're trying to pretend to be sweet since their Fe seems manipulative most of the time in order to get what they want.

The only other for sure ESTP I know was my ex's uncle. He's in his 70's and more active than me. He effortlessly climbed into a boat he owned, his balance astounding for a man of that age. He took us for a ride on the lake and went full-throttle to show off what his boat could do. I can't imagine how much excitement he must have had when he was younger. He was married to one woman who passed away about 5 years prior, and still misses her. You can tell by how much he still talked about her....but he didn't get mushy. He loved to talk about fixing things, and always seemed to have a story to tell. He was quite engaging. He was a decent and nice human being.

My bio-dad LOVES animals and would pretty much kill someone if he saw them abusing an animal. My brother also loves animals, but lacks empathy in prioritizing his pets...doesn't give them good vet care or make sure they are taken care of properly. He's a bow-hunter, and doesn't seem to have a problem with killing them. My ex's uncle threw a fish on the ground that he caught and I had an immediate gut reaction to his action...he didn't think twice about it. I suppose empathy for animals is hit or miss so far with my anecdotal evidence. They are all pretty generous....but 2 of the 4 I know have stolen from loved ones....an unspeakable act in my book.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now that we have an ESTP president(-elect) in the US (even if you don't claim him to be your president), I thought it would be a good time to start an ESTP thread.

Although I have officially typed my oldest step-daughter as an ESFP, she definitely has ESTP moments (and might technically be an ESXP). You can tell because of the Ti-auxiliary that comes out at times. It doesn't arise as an interest in pursuing logic but in finding a flaw in some "contract," rule, or arrangement made with her. Finding a flaw is, of course, always supposed to be to her advantage.

The ESTP is great at self-promotion, and will extend this to others if it is to their advantage. Boxing promoter Don King is an excellent example.

ESTPs will do or say anything to win, and are extremely competitive. If they don't think they can win, they won't play. When I was growing up, an ESTP friend of mine used to play the original Battleship game with me, not the electronic version. I was calling out hits and he was claiming they were misses. I know because my mother caught him red-handed. He would mark playing cards by bending the corners, which is probably why he preferred that we play cards at his house instead of mine.

And the deal-making. Always making deals. But deeper than that is an innate ability to read others. If the ESTP knows what drives you, then that can be used to advantage. Knowing something that you like, the ESTP will often try to take advantage of that in order to acquire something for themselves.

The ESTP is a gambling type. ESTPs are so addicted to gambling that, while riding a train through a rainstorm, they will compete with each other to see whose raindrop will reach the bottom of a window first.

The ESTP is of course extremely observant, but only because they know what to look for beforehand. Another ESTP friend had a knack for finding money in taverns or wherever people are likely to drop it. The art of the deal can easily become the art of conning, and this has given the ESTP type a bad rap as a thief and/or con artist. But every type has its criminal side.

Watching a raindrop seems kinda boring...isnt there something more physical to do? I am crazy competitive with myself, always striving for better and faster.

This is thread is pretty good representation IMHO as well.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
They're spontaneous. They're quick. They can please everyone so quickly yet hide their dirty tricks saved for their intimates. They're not afraid to smile and take what they want. They love good looking people. Compliment and seek out those who are amazing at sports. And just are well in catching everyone's attention. They're a bit more blunt than the ESFP's and are much more predictable than them.. but you have the thought of "oh whatever will they do next?" They definitely stick out and have a random obsession with INFJ's especially. It's like "I saw you in my dream" kind of look.

They're so fun, but seriously while I like them, they can tire me very quickly.

That is fascinating to me [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] because I sometimes think ESTP’s are more “naturally” suited to an INFJ. Or at least that they share a natural meld of sensibilities.

I can be a very scheduled, disciplined person when I need to be. But, my natural state is one that prefers possibility to structure and enjoys discussing open-ended concepts. I have noticed that ESTP’s (or at least the few I hang out with) come across as less structured than I am but actually really desire it in their lives.

ESTP’s seem to value security that arises from structure (even if they also fight against that). I am structured when necessary, but value consistency with a chill atmosphere more. That is what provides me with security.

In conversation, I can talk for hours with my INFJ friend’s ENTP boyfriend. Leave with a feeling that we have taught or expanded each other. Meanwhile our INFJ and ESTP have listened with mild interest and not contributed overly much.

BUT, my INFJ friend can talk for some time on something that doesn’t totally engage me, while it entirely captures the interest of my ESTP. They agree on firm and finite conclusions. I get the sense that INFJ’s capture a lot of “who” ESTP’s would like to be. {I still think we are each with the right partner :p}

That being said I quote [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] from another thread (wish I had knew ya Halla!):

If you had any idea about the hard times we've survived, you might change your mind, but the bigger point is that with some self discovery on both our parts, learning ourselves (and our respective types/functions) and learning our differences, it allowed us to get along alot better, and even if we were conflictors then, we now behave much more like duals. For one letter off, that's a hell of a price to pay. I wouldn't want someone I loved, and who loved me to give up on me because I was a "p" vs. a "j", do you understand what I am saying?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We dont just create and control our empire we build. We live our empire we build.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Watching a raindrop seems kinda boring...isnt there something more physical to do? I am crazy competitive with myself, always striving for better and faster.

This is thread is pretty good representation IMHO as well.

The raindrop story is true, and it goes back to a time before airplanes. It's pretty boring on trains so they tried to spice things up by wagering on raindrop races.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That is fascinating to me [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] because I sometimes think ESTP’s are more “naturally” suited to an INFJ. Or at least that they share a natural meld of sensibilities.

I can be a very scheduled, disciplined person when I need to be. But, my natural state is one that prefers possibility to structure and enjoys discussing open-ended concepts. I have noticed that ESTP’s (or at least the few I hang out with) come across as less structured than I am but actually really desire it in their lives.

ESTP’s seem to value security that arises from structure (even if they also fight against that). I am structured when necessary, but value consistency with a chill atmosphere more. That is what provides me with security.

In conversation, I can talk for hours with my INFJ friend’s ENTP boyfriend. Leave with a feeling that we have taught or expanded each other. Meanwhile our INFJ and ESTP have listened with mild interest and not contributed overly much.

BUT, my INFJ friend can talk for some time on something that doesn’t totally engage me, while it entirely captures the interest of my ESTP. They agree on firm and finite conclusions. I get the sense that INFJ’s capture a lot of “who” ESTP’s would like to be. {I still think we are each with the right partner :p}

That being said I quote [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] from another thread (wish I had knew ya Halla!):

Holy hell do i fight structure, i do create it though...for others of course. Your best bet with me is a hidden structure.
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] INFJs are awesome, they are like a strange version of me. Its an interesting attraction.

The names i have been called that i never really saw...lion, beast, bull dog, bear, bull. Solid, thick, and heavy with the quiet laid back demeanor as my opposite.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Holy hell do i fight structure, i do create it though...for others of course. Your best bet with me is a hidden structure.
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] INFJs are awesome, they are like a strange version of me. Its an interesting attraction.

The names i have been called that i never really saw...lion, beast, bull dog, bear, bull. Solid, thick, and heavy with the quiet laid back demeanor as my opposite.

Hidden structure. Hmmm, I will think that over more I know.

My boyfriend is not even hardly interested in typology but he is hella intelligent and after a brief examination he is convinced I am INFJ. I dispute it, even given the reasons in my previous post. I CAN see why people see it in me (I see elements myself) but I am bored with the INFP/INFJ viewpoints re: me & figure it will all shake out in time.

But, I have loved/do love INFJ's deeply and agree they are all kinds of awesome.

I do find ISTP's more laid back or chill, and reflective than ESTP's (in general). From our interaction, I can see why those 'characterizations' ^ have been applied to you :)