• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Once in love, I'd like to understand...

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello you ISFP :hi:

I really need to understand how the ISFP behaves and feels when in love.

I know most ISFP are honest but actually I'm wondering :

_ In which situation do you lie to your partner ? In this case do you feel guilty or do you avoid discomfort of all sorts ?

_ When you don't receive any news from your partner, do you feel insecure or rationalise ?

_ What is your way for showing you care for the person ?

_ Do you often feel you trust yourself ?

_ Can you be manipulative ? Which way ?

Merci :newwink:

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello :D!

- I tend to keep a lot of feelings to myself.. sometimes I lie to my partner if I want to avoid certain conversations.. If he asks "Are you ok?" or "Something wrong?", I tell him I'm fine.. especially if I know it could possibly start an argument. I don't feel guilty, I just don't like to be asked to divulge my feelings if I don't feel it's ok at that moment or if I'm still processing what's going on. Other than that, I'm very open and honest with him with everything else.

-If I don't receive any news, I get worried but rationalize... because we are always in touch. Insecurity does not really come up at all and I think it's because we trust each other immensely.

-The way I show I care is with playfulness, silliness, and little displays of affection.. hugs, cuddling, etc. Sometimes I also buy random gifts or make art as a way to let him know he's always on my mind. :heart: Another way is by caring for his health and what he eats, doctor's appointments, etc.

-I definitely trust myself but I can make decisions on impulse or because "I feel like it".. My husband (ENFJ) is good at making step back and think for a second. I trust myself a little too much I guess. LOL:doh:

-Manipulative.. hmm.. Not sure on that one. I'm sure at times I can be if I really want something or someone needs convincing but I've never been actually "aware" of it or seen myself do it.. Does that make sense? :shrug: