• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SPs, would you consider yourself liberal, conservative, moderate, or indifferent?

SPs, would you consider yourself liberal, conservative, moderate, or indifferent?

• Liberal

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Conservative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderate

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like to label myself. I have always felt in between a lot of different viewpoints. I def don't tow a party line and a hardcore liberal, libertarian or conservative will probably find something to disagree strongly with me about. I think truth is often in the middle. I try to seek that while reconciling my own experiences with human nature.

I prefer to come to my own conclusions about an issue from reading up on it from non-biased sources.

I do try to understand all POV, and usually look at the facts. Sometimes, facts are vague or not inclusive of enough information to make an informed decision based on stats alone. (gun control causation/correlation stats are very vague and favor each POV if certain info isn't available in studies given, etc).

Sometimes I can have an "aha" moment of understanding toward why an issue is viewed a certain way but that doesn't mean I will side with it.

It just means I have gone full circle with facts and also included an emotional understanding of the issue as well.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I don't like to label myself. I have always felt in between a lot of different viewpoints. I def don't tow a party line and a hardcore liberal, libertarian or conservative will probably find something to disagree strongly with me about. I think truth is often in the middle. I try to seek that while reconciling my own experiences with human nature.

I prefer to come to my own conclusions about an issue from reading up on it from non-biased sources.

I do try to understand all POV, and usually look at the facts. Sometimes, facts are vague or not inclusive of enough information to make an informed decision based on stats alone. (gun control causation/correlation stats are very vague and favor each POV if certain info isn't available in studies given, etc).

Sometimes I can have an "aha" moment of understanding toward why an issue is viewed a certain way but that doesn't mean I will side with it.

It just means I have gone full circle with facts and also included an emotional understanding of the issue as well.

I do appreciate your desire to understand all sides of an issue, but I bet after a 30 minute conversation with you I wouldn't be left with the impression that you were a true undecided moderate. That being said, in the current political climate and especially on this forum I can understand ones willingness to say "a pox on both your houses!"

Not trying to draw you out here, just think that a political convo with you would be fascinating.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do appreciate your desire to understand all sides of an issue, but I bet after a 30 minute conversation with you I wouldn't be left with the impression that you were a true undecided moderate. That being said, in the current political climate and especially on this forum I can understand ones willingness to say "a pox on both your houses!"

Not trying to draw you out here, just think that a political convo with you would be fascinating.

Oh I don't think I'm undecided about a lot of things. Just maybe not super hardlined. Give me more info/make me see another side and I will entertain it. Or - maybe my stance will soften, as opposed to dissolving.

I don't get too worked up over politics but I like a give and take discussion about them. People are crazy passionate tho. It is a bit much. A lot of emotion. And thanks. I'd have that convo with you, no prob.