• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP's and disturbing art

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ISFP guy and I have opposite tastes in art and music most of the time. He likes things which are really abstract and surreal, sad, or disturbing. He made me watch Naked Lunch, which was weird and gross, and afterwards I felt like I had woken up from a bad dream. He told me he's been watching a lot of horror movies lately since it's close to Halloween, and told me about this movie called Antichrist (which he said I would have hated), and said it was the most disturbing thing he'd ever seen, but also the best movie he'd ever seen. I agreed it sounded completely awful, and joked that a good way to measure how much he'd like a movie would be how much I'd hate it.

I don't like disturbing things unless there's some truth I can learn from it and it's really effing important. But I'm theorizing that SP's like it because Se is used to visualize Fi chaos and make intuitive sense of the unconsciousness.

Do you guys agree? Is liking this kind of thing an ISFP thing, an SP thing, or more due to Se or Fi? Do any NT's or NF's have a particular liking for it?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Supposedly if the typing stereotypes are true ISFPs are commonly uber artistic though I would imagine their taste would vary depending on the individual and what twist they add to it so their interest in the art seems ISFP though the type of art I would think is more an individualized thing than a type related thing.

Also with ISTPs lots of us like sports though we don't all play the same sport! We each do our own thing.

And don't forget that INTPs all like philosophy though they will each have a different type of philosophy.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ISFP guy and I have opposite tastes in art and music most of the time. He likes things which are really abstract and surreal, sad, or disturbing. He made me watch Naked Lunch, which was weird and gross, and afterwards I felt like I had woken up from a bad dream. He told me he's been watching a lot of horror movies lately since it's close to Halloween, and told me about this movie called Antichrist (which he said I would have hated), and said it was the most disturbing thing he'd ever seen, but also the best movie he'd ever seen. I agreed it sounded completely awful, and joked that a good way to measure how much he'd like a movie would be how much I'd hate it.

I don't like disturbing things unless there's some truth I can learn from it and it's really effing important. But I'm theorizing that SP's like it because Se is used to visualize Fi chaos and make intuitive sense of the unconsciousness.

Do you guys agree? Is liking this kind of thing an ISFP thing, an SP thing, or more due to Se or Fi? Do any NT's or NF's have a particular liking for it?

Don't forget the abstractions provided with tertiary Ni. You take a dominant Fi who thrives on things that create a sincere emotion, no matter what it is so as long as its an honest one that one can feel, the more powerful the better, and you add perspective that is totally personalized and subjective, that has a non-sequitor way of explaining itself. It's gonna get a bit artful and disconnected or bizarre.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't forget the abstractions provided with tertiary Ni. You take a dominant Fi who thrives on things that create a sincere emotion, no matter what it is so as long as its an honest one that one can feel, the more powerful the better, and you add perspective that is totally personalized and subjective, that has a non-sequitor way of explaining itself. It's gonna get a bit artful and disconnected or bizarre.

That makes sense.