• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
BRING IT MBTI WITCHES

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
1. Over analysing EVERYTHING and seeing patterns in EVERYTHING to the point where I depress myself and become lost in my own thoughts about endless possibilities
2. People misinterpreting what I say in conversations/debates/etc (this might be because my thought pattern is 'different'?)
3. Feeling extremely uncomfortable with expressing emotion; it's rather inconvenient but something I can't seem to change no matter how hard I try *wails*

If it were four reasons I would add my overuse of irony to that list... but it's only really a problem when others don't realise when I am being ironic.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's too many responses related to overanalyzing because
(1) that 'problem' is skewed slightly to the P side and,
(2) it's not really a problem :p

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Slightly yes, but I know several INTJs. When we get together we analyse everything; they just reach a conclusion.... whilst my ideas ricochet around my brain. Gr.

lillytira

MBTI Type
INTJ
1) Being awkward around other people/ not connecting to them emotionally very well
2) The fact there are not a lot of us
3) The feeling of being unappreciated or an social outcast

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
We tell it like it is and no one loves that.

True enough. I've stopped giving people advice for this reason (and I just hate giving advice, people are so mehhhhh about their problems.)

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
1) Find it hard to express emotions to others
2) I analyse/hunt for info the heck out of anything I happen to be interested in
3) I worry about things that never happened or will never happen [in all reason]

Other things:
I feel quite conflicted about Ni, since while it's good for imagining connections between things, it goes off the rails when my critical thinking skills via Te go south. Hence my need to try to control the uncontrollable :devil: But this may not be INT related :D

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
That's a very SF-like thing to say.

Thrice.

Not if the context is just shaking your head at how people can misunderstand your intellect/humour/words. I personally hate it when I have to explain things more than once simply because the other party just doesn't "get it."

NickNaylor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8/SX
Not if the context is just shaking your head at how people can misunderstand your intellect/humour/words. I personally hate it when I have to explain things more than once simply because the other party just doesn't "get it."

Actually it makes me feel a lot better when I'm not understood. It's like having a completely neutral existence in the presence of such people, they don't know whether to trust you or not.

Cat_Cloud

MBTI Type
INtP
I don't like it when I come up with an idea or explain something, to which everyone gives be blank stares or tells me it doesn't work. Then someone else five minutes later has an epiphany, which was the idea I was just talking about, but then everyone thinks its a great idea. Why couldn't they just understand what I was trying to say five minutes ago? Everything would have gone much quicker...

I also had a friend (ISTJ) recently told me I confuse her. I half took it as a compliment, half as an example of my less than decent communication skills... Overall I was mildly pleased.

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I don't like it when I come up with an idea or explain something, to which everyone gives be blank stares or tells me it doesn't work. Then someone else five minutes later has an epiphany, which was the idea I was just talking about, but then everyone thinks its a great idea. Why couldn't they just understand what I was trying to say five minutes ago? Everything would have gone much quicker...

Are you me?

einsteinbohr

MBTI Type
INTP
now a days if I say something and the other person is confused, i consider him to be normal

PS-we are above normal

PH.

MBTI Type
INTP
I always lose stuff i had in my hand one minute ago.

63jacro

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not yet familiar with all the letters yet, so correct me if these are exclusively INTP. Seeming aloof, over-analyzing other peoples' behavior, and being indecisive.

The_World_As_Will

I'm not yet familiar with all the letters yet, so correct me if these are exclusively INTP. Seeming aloof, over-analyzing other peoples' behavior, and being indecisive.

In my experience, I would say so... along with all the frustration that goes along with it.