• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] hey intp, how lonely are you??

yasin

Most Senior Member
i was always very logical from childhood and always tended to be guided by logic. i also had a very keen attraction to explain everything. but when i turned 15, my logic just got crazy and extreme. i was always very different from others, but when i turned 15, i started becoming even more different. after 15, a lot of people even started calling me mad.

and now, i often feel sooo lonely.......there are only two people(one intj and one intp) with whom i can keep talking and talking and they keep listening and listenling. but even they don't stay with me most of the time. so i often feel really lonely nowadays.
do you feel so lonely as an intp?

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Please elaborate on your madness. I'll be willing to be one who keeps listening and listening if your condition strikes me as interesting enough.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Undefined type, but I generally do not ever feel lonely. I can be in my own company for days, often reaching the point where I forget other people exist completely. If anything people complain that I do not give them enough attention if anything. It just doesn't click for me to seek out emotional contact with people. I generally never needed much overt attention as a kid and I almost preferred things that way, so when others accuse me of ignoring them it just generally comes as a shock. Most people who know me though generally come to understand after a while that it is not intentional on my part, and it is no way a reflection on them. It just is what it is.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not lonely.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No loneliness

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thanks for the contribution.

-------------------------------------------------

I don't get lonely, but I do get under-stimulated. That's the real terror.

You're welcome

baccheion

I've never been lonely. The idiots are always trying to make it happen, though, all to once again repeat some cliche remark to say something stupid. I've never been around anyone that's similar minded or like me, however, and that has resulted in misery (mostly due to the fact that it's nothing but shit wherever I go, rather than there being a lack of like-mindedness).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Quite rarely, but its not like friendship lonely, but more of romantic partner who i can let really close lonely. I kinda wish i felt more lonely, so that i would have more reason to look for a romantic partner, because now its just like *feels lonely* Meh :shrug: , *finds something interesting and forgets the lonely thing*

laurapants08

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Nope. Not lonely. Sometimes I wish for people to communicate my outlandish ideas with. Most people assume I'm lonely which can be irritating to say the least.

yasin

Most Senior Member
i actually found a new thing! i'm not so lonely when schools open. only when schools closed during vacations and i cannot talk with my intj best friend frequently, thats the time i mainly feel sooo lonely and soon get depressed, haha.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I know what you mean... But I can't relate, I think (again this is just interpretation) that perhaps you're experiencing a little of Zarathustra's plight, that is, a man that comes down to the village, speaks what he sees as wise, but the villagers merely think him mad. I kind of do relate, sometimes it feels like I'm speaking a different language when it comes to a serious conversation, but then I befriended a slew of INTP's and INTJ's who fill that intellectual gap in my former social life, as I see you've started to do.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I know what you mean... But I can't relate, I think (again this is just interpretation) that perhaps you're experiencing a little of Zarathustra's plight, that is, a man that comes down to the village, speaks what he sees as wise, but the villagers merely think him mad. I kind of do relate, sometimes it feels like I'm speaking a different language when it comes to a serious conversation, but then I befriended a slew of INTP's and INTJ's who fill that gap in my former social life, as I see you've started to do.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Yes.

It's rare for me to meet anyone on my wavelength. It's rare enough to find people who share my interests with a similar level of interest. I work with people who either can't keep up or don't want to and I spend most of my time trying to communicate what to me only exists via an intuitive framework. It really doesn't help that when I do find someone who I can connect with I tend to over do it and drive them away.

However, also no. Logically I have a circle of friends and co-workers who value me and I tend to find it harder to spend time alone than in the company of others so it really isn't your typical loneliness "oh woe is me" but more a general level of energy required which I wish was lessened and a sense of fantasising about what could be in a "better world".

Vorthos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alas, I do feel lonely. It kicked in a couple of days ago when I was listening to some particularly beautiful piano music, and hasn't really gone away. I've been learning how to play said piece, but that doesn't really help (although I suppose I could use it to impress people). I'm not actually alone, but I am alone romantically. Since I don't really expect that to change anytime soon, I'll find a solid distraction and hopefully forget about it (though it's decidedly harder to distract myself at night).

yasin

Most Senior Member
Alas, I do feel lonely. It kicked in a couple of days ago when I was listening to some particularly beautiful piano music, and hasn't really gone away. I've been learning how to play said piece, but that doesn't really help (although I suppose I could use it to impress people). I'm not actually alone, but I am alone romantically. Since I don't really expect that to change anytime soon, I'll find a solid distraction and hopefully forget about it (though it's decidedly harder to distract myself at night).

:). i discovered that my loneliness does not stay all the time. it also kicks-in in cycles. it's like, i'm happy for 2 days, and sad once again for 3 days.
i have a question, do you get pleasure crying by yourself, intentionally without any reason? or can you cry intentionally?
i can, and i feel good when i do it. but i don't really know why i feel good doing it. and while i try bringing the tears, i also play tunes of different songs with myself, very quietly though, so quite that the person beside me might not be able to hear it if he is not concentrating on me. i started doing this from the time i was in grade 6 or 7, but it's much more intense now.:)

Chrysanthea

Yes. I do feel somewhat lonely. I used to think I could get away without at least another human being intertwined with my life... but I had been terribly mistaken in trying to push away my feelings of longing for acceptance. But it is my fault for not being assertive enough. That, and I rarely ever find someone I can relate to enough. I have friends... sort of. I wouldn't actually call them friends. Just people who I hang with from time to time, but mostly just during school. I am distant from nearly everyone. I do have social anxiety, and so I know that I can't be the one to start friendships because of the high risk of failure. The only time I don't feel lonely is when I go to parties and I am permitted to intoxicate myself. If not, I usually just pop a few vicodins beforehand and everything works out in my favor socially. Anyways... I am alright without relationships, but I think it would be beneficial if I had someone close to me. Hope that answers your question. (;

Vorthos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i have a question, do you get pleasure crying by yourself, intentionally without any reason? or can you cry intentionally?

I actually chastise myself for crying on the rare occasion that I do. It makes me feel weak, even though I know that there isn't anything wrong with crying sometimes. I do get an odd satisfaction from crying while alone (even while scolding myself), and I suppose it is somewhat intentional, since if I was to deliberately hold back, I don't I think I would cry while alone. It's only ever at night, though. In the day, I'm generally quite happy. At night I sometimes get weirdly emotional and say things that I'll regret the next morning.

That said, extrordinarily good symphonic music almost invariably makes my eyes water. Nothing quite affects me like music.

faculae

MBTI Type
INTP
This is a particularly interesting subject to me, because YES I suffer a persistent loneliness that is somewhat deep and unquenchable. And I have to agree with almost everything all the other INTPs here have mentioned: it comes from a lack of equal minded peers, which translates to a lack of community and therefore a lack of stimulation and/or encouragement to grow via external stimulation. Being a social animal, human, this results in a sentient pain that's hard to shake. I believe how all of these things interact is the root of a near subconscious sense of loneliness.

Interestingly though, I think the INTPs here that say they aren't lonely are betraying the fact that they haven't tapped into their Fi. To the lovely person who started this thread, I have no idea how old you are, but I would say that experiencing this 'feeling' is a sign that you are developing or at least becoming aware of your repressed feelings. And that is good. It indicates to me that you are rounding out your personality and accessing your full self.

yasin

Most Senior Member
Hi!:hi:
You called me a lovely person!!:D:D:):)
However, i do feel lonely, but i dont know why, recently my lonliness has decreased to some extent.
But i'm still much lonely, i didnt use to be like this before, but after i grew up, i suddenly changed greatly. Now i have only about 4 real friends, a few months ago, i used to have only 2 real friends, maybe the increase of friends has decreased my loneliness.

However, this a loneliness test:
UCLA Loneliness Scale

Recently, my loneliness decreased a bit, so i got 36. I might have scored a few points more a few months ago.
Tell me how much you got!:)