User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Sounds nice-cool leaves.I should get another orchid sometime.

That was my only early-morning final, though. The Chem one was at about 10 am.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

If lack of sleep was like being drunk, I'd sleep a lot less.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

It's less obvious to people, but the impairment is the same.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Tonight I catch my flight. I dread this. The calls are starting. Argh.

Someone put me out of my misery. Why can't I just tell them "no" and have them go somewhere else? I really don't want this situation, and I'm being dragged into the middle. I hate the freaking drama queens, arguers, crazies, sneaks, connivers, spies, EXTXs (except my Aunt Mary (by marriage)), etc, I have in my family. I'm being talked at sternly in a voice message by my father, who is repeating "call me" like 500 times in each of the long-winded voice messages he left late last night. I have a mind not to call him, because I really need to work today rather than fix stupid family stuff. Why can't they all be friendly INXXs that are above the table, rather than sneaky, conniving, annoying, lunatics.

I swear, if I could, I would catch the first slow boat to Antarctica if I knew I'd have something to do when I got there.

MBTI
    INTJ

New phone number?
    We are not poets

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Tonight I catch my flight. I dread this. The calls are starting. Argh.

Someone put me out of my misery. Why can't I just tell them "no" and have them go somewhere else? I really don't want this situation, and I'm being dragged into the middle. I hate the freaking drama queens, arguers, crazies, sneaks, connivers, spies, EXTXs (except my Aunt Mary (by marriage)), etc, I have in my family. I'm being talked at sternly in a voice message by my father, who is repeating "call me" like 500 times in each of the long-winded voice messages he left late last night. I have a mind not to call him, because I really need to work today rather than fix stupid family stuff. Why can't they all be friendly INXXs that are above the table, rather than sneaky, conniving, annoying, lunatics.
    Wow. That's why it is so difficult to make progress. When someone manages to rise above their environment, everyone keeps pulling them back down. Of course I don't know you personally, but my impression is that you are sensible and 'really' prefer having people make sense. (also based on INTJ info) I've noticed when you say things, there isn't complex subtext or anything. The simplest explanation, assuming directness, is usually what it's about. Having said that, I realize that this scenario with your family would be especially draining. Maybe that's partly why it is difficult to speak up and address it? Because the one certainty is that a simple reasoned communication will not result? Any words or interactions will result in a downward spiral of confusion and irrationalities? If that is the case, moving far, far away to be inaccessible is probably is simplest solution if it can ever work out.

Condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I swear, if I could, I would catch the first slow boat to Antarctica if I knew I'd have something to do when I got there.
    I knew a lady who had spent a year at the science station in Antarctica as the communications/radio person. Just saying. I see you point in wanting to move to Alaska. Maybe you just should? Sell the house, find a job, or work remotely? (realizing I know nothing of the details and complexities, but sometimes it's just good to hear.)
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I wish I could work remotely, but I need physical hardware to play with, so I can't work remotely without bringing it. That gets expensive in remote locations.

I tried to move far away, they talked me into letting them come here to live with me. When I tried to avoid it, they started the irrational emotional stuff, and I am again stuck in a similar situation to before, only now I'm the primary income source, rather than the secondary one.

We made it in last night, driving the entire distance yesterday. It was no fun, I still feel like crap, and even the small amount of chaos they bring (a fraction of that which there was) has already copped my buzz.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    If lack of sleep was like being drunk, I'd sleep a lot less.
    I have tried not sleeping much for the last five months, and it's like all of the stupidity of being drunk without any of the fun.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Ever since part of the family has come they have been infringing on my space and offending my sense of order. I expected them to keep all their figurines and doilies and frilly towels and weird soap dishes and mismatched furniture and dog statues and pictures and so-forth to their own rooms, but they have spread all over the house. Even my bathroom has been thrown into chaos, with frilly towels that don't match, among other things. My mum also insists on using my bathroom, which makes it that much worse.

Mum cannot endure not using frilly tablecloths and hanging frilly dish towels and using dishes with colorful flower designs. They accept my plain drinking glasses, but that's because they didn't bring any. My sister appreciates what I prefer, yet it's hard when mum is like a force of...something.

I'm trying to keep the wave from engulfing everything, but it's quite the battle and it's hard to be forceful about it. When they even infringe on my bedroom, it's pretty difficult to deal with. I really want to evict everything from my mantle and leave nothing but my rock-filled vase with my plant perched upon it, but that would break mum's heart. I am fine with them living here, otherwise. They really are the easiest of my family to deal with (rather introverted, particularly grandpa and my sister).

However, there has even been some disagreement over my preference in furniture...

On a different note: I'm now charged with managing all income. Although my income was quite a bit more than enough, the newly-combined household income is positively absurd. Like I said before: It seems like people are throwing money at me so I'll live here...

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm guessing you're not angered to the point of calmly destroying any items that stray outside the prescribed areas. Though that might scare some people into behaving.

Your bedroom? You haven't renounced them yet?
    We are not poets