• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Help this newbie with typing a friend?

tomatoe

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Hi guys, as stated in my profile I am new to this whole thing, but I've been researching on MBTI for quite a long time and still can't quite determine my friend's MBTI. She took the test on the 16personalities website and got ENFP, but I think she is more ENFJ because of her cognitive functions. However, I'm still not quite sure so I'm seeking your help which will be greatly appreciated! Here are some things about her since I know her too well:

1. She cares about what others think of her A LOT. (And by a lot I mean the I-am-thinking-about-it-every-millisecond's a lot)
2. I've asked her discreetly if she cares more about herself than others and she said other people which indicates Fe but she can be selfish at times to me, just not to other people
3. She always tell me about her feelings to the point of forcing me to talk about my feelings as well even when I made it obvious that I do not like to
4. She is always super hyper to the point of exhausting me sometimes (It's an accomplishment given my MBTI type)

5. She always want to be the center of attention in my group of friends, and often get offended when people ignore her

6. Tells me that she is depressed and cries a lot at home but seems very bubbly in front of everyone except me and an ENTP friend
7. Is very hardworking and doesn't procrastinate much
8. Mostly tidy but her home is extremely messy
9. Makes an effort to organize hangouts in our group of friends

There are still a few more that I couldn't think of right now. What are your thoughts and opinions?

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds like an Fe dominant, I'm unsure if ESFJ or ENFJ. ESFJ could explain why she mistypes as ENFP, due to tertiary Ne?

tomatoe

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Hi! Now that I think of it, she does seem like a Sensor to me. Hmm...

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi guys, as stated in my profile I am new to this whole thing, but I've been researching on MBTI for quite a long time and still can't quite determine my friend's MBTI. She took the test on the 16personalities website and got ENFP, but I think she is more ENFJ because of her cognitive functions. However, I'm still not quite sure so I'm seeking your help which will be greatly appreciated! Here are some things about her since I know her too well:

1. She cares about what others think of her A LOT. (And by a lot I mean the I-am-thinking-about-it-every-millisecond's a lot)
2. I've asked her discreetly if she cares more about herself than others and she said other people which indicates Fe but she can be selfish at times to me, just not to other people
3. She always tell me about her feelings to the point of forcing me to talk about my feelings as well even when I made it obvious that I do not like to
4. She is always super hyper to the point of exhausting me sometimes (It's an accomplishment given my MBTI type)

5. She always want to be the center of attention in my group of friends, and often get offended when people ignore her

6. Tells me that she is depressed and cries a lot at home but seems very bubbly in front of everyone except me and an ENTP friend
7. Is very hardworking and doesn't procrastinate much
8. Mostly tidy but her home is extremely messy
9. Makes an effort to organize hangouts in our group of friends

There are still a few more that I couldn't think of right now. What are your thoughts and opinions?

Well your discription fits both ENFJ and ENFP, she reminds me of my ENFP friend .
But when you said (9) does she make you go where she wants (selfishly) or she try find a middle of what you all want . My ENFP friend would keep nagging till we go where she wants.

She does seem ENFP but remember that same types can look different .considering enneagram.

And trust me I don't go telling my friends about my feelings .Only rarely and not forcing of course, it goes smothly.