• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do you find ENFPs charming?

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Generally I think that enfps are charming when we aren't trying. It's the deep need to be liked valued that makes us appear needy even when we ourselves don't like people playing us too close. When we hit the idgaf button people tend to like the sparkle we create and watch with a sort of awe, the aww just tends to vary from
awwww hell no!
Awwww my
awwwwww ewwwwwww
awwwkkkward
awww heck yeah

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The rest of the ENFPs are just lacking the degree of magic that Qlip and I have...that's all.

200_s.gif

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Generally I think that enfps are charming when we aren't trying. It's the deep need to be liked valued that makes us appear needy even when we ourselves don't like people playing us too close. When we hit the idgaf button people tend to like the sparkle we create and watch with a sort of awe, the aww just tends to vary from
awwww hell no!
Awwww my
awwwwww ewwwwwww
awwwkkkward
awww heck yeah

Yeah about that. Like why??? My ex was like that. god

Aside from that you guys are pretty intriguing from the inverted functions kinda deal, but I dont generally find people ... charming ... more like reserved for ENFJ, admittedly. ENFJs can be ridiculously charming even for me. I don't trust though so their charm isn't really useful on me.

Starry

I think [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] can be charming. They're among those exceptions I mentioned.

I always start to second guess my understanding of the meaning of whatever word is being focused on at the time (like without fail).

I can't ignore this because it's coming from you and I hold your critical thinking/reasoning in the highest regard. So this is kinda cool for me to have this happen.

If charm requires a little more awareness and forethought or whatever than just being a funny, happy person...then maybe. All I know is that I was always the kid accidentally wandering off...getting lost...accidentally knocking over expensive breakable stuff at stores...walking across flower beds...getting unintentionally creative with my understanding of instructions/directions and doing everything wrong... I was always doing something to get me in trouble.

Whatever I have developed out of necessity.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Yeah about that. Like why??? My ex was like that. god Aside from that you guys are pretty intriguing from the inverted functions kinda deal, but I dont generally find people ... charming ... more like reserved for ENFJ, admittedly. ENFJs can be ridiculously charming even for me.
its all the over analyzing and idealism, we want and feel everything too much and then after we smother it with intent/anyalze the shit out of it we end up disappointed rose colored glasses come off and we don't want it anymore.
we are charming when we have no intention or investment in the outcome.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If charming is defined as: Using one's appeal and attractiveness to get what they want, then I know plenty of ENFPs (notably women) who are like this in general.

And I bet if an ENFP like this was encountered, people are just going to pull out the 'Oh she MUST be an ENFJ' card. :whistling:

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
If charming is defined as: Using one's appeal and attractiveness to get what they want, then I know plenty of ENFPs (notably women) who are like this in general. And I bet if an ENFP like this was encountered, people are just going to pull out the 'Oh she MUST be an ENFJ' card. :whistling:
That's why they think we are manipulative because we do just that almost instinctually, we take our resources and get what we want but usually end to means type situation. Which makes people feel some type of way.
where as I think some types don't put that much thought into it so others sense the purity of it making it charming.
If we laying it on we know exaccctly what we are doing ( cue million dollar watt smile)

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
If charming is defined as: Using one's appeal and attractiveness to get what they want, then I know plenty of ENFPs (notably women) who are like this in general.

And I bet if an ENFP like this was encountered, people are just going to pull out the 'Oh she MUST be an ENFJ' card. :whistling:

nah fe actually gives a shit to some extent, i think, that's why they're charming af.

...stereotypes, man

...i want an enfj/p showdown. would watch.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's why they think we are manipulative because we do just that almost instinctually, we take our resources and get what we want but usually end to means type situation. Which makes people feel some type of way.
where as I think some types don't put that much thought into it so others sense the purity of it making it charming.
If we laying it on we know exaccctly what we are doing ( cue million dollar watt smile)

That's the sense I'm getting from the answers here tbh.
That charming is defined as pure friendliness and genuine people pleasers for the sake of their happiness.

In that case, I can see why ENFPs wouldn't be part of the group. :p

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
its all the over analyzing and idealism, we want and feel everything too much and then after we smother it with intent/anyalze the shit out of it we end up disappointed rose colored glasses come off and we don't want it anymore.
we are charming when we have no intention or investment in the outcome.

The last sentence can be absolutely spot for Ne-Fi combi. Not sure what to say about the first one but boy sounds tiring

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
nah fe actually gives a shit to some extent, i think, that's why they're charming af.

...stereotypes, man

...i want an enfj/p showdown. would watch.

I seriously want an ISTJ/INTJ showdown. Always did lmao.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
The last sentence can be absolutely spot for Ne-Fi combi. Not sure what to say about the first one but boy sounds tiring
It really can be tiring, mentally setting the room up for the outcome you desire.
Which is why when I watch an ESTPs in action I can be envious they really dgaf what comes out of their mouth and / or what other people expect from them.
If as an ENFP I could just be impartial to other people's image / expectation of me I would be happier. And if I could be free of the reigns of emotions and move by facts first I would be free.
But the emotions are really what shape my world so I don't know what it looks like without them. And what I think IS charming about us is the fact that we can be quirky as shit most of the time.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes, but It's a real turn-off when they fish for compliments.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're pretty charming and lovable. But do make me tired and sometimes I feel like they don't SEE me or care about me all that much. So good acquaintances but they usually don't make it into my close circle.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
It really can be tiring, mentally setting the room up for the outcome you desire.
Which is why when I watch an ESTPs in action I can be envious they really dgaf what comes out of their mouth and / or what other people expect from them.
If as an ENFP I could just be impartial to other people's image / expectation of me I would be happier. And if I could be free of the reigns of emotions and move by facts first I would be free.
But the emotions are really what shape my world so I don't know what it looks like without them. And what I think IS charming about us is the fact that we can be quirky as shit most of the time.

Yeah, pretty much. I was thinking to have a charming contest you'd probably need to include ESTPs too (no idea about ESFPs or ESFJs). Have yet to be really be charmed by ESTP (I'm... apparently kinda immune to ESTPs).
The funny thing is they also have the ability to say the darndest shit and make it still look socially acceptable from sheer charisma and also sheer no-fucks-given, at least from body language. Incredible.

Quirkiness is overrated, honestly. But it could be a good marketing thing for those into it.... *strokeschin*

...IDK it makes me sound like this jaded tired ISTJ but honestly I GUESSSS that's what I am haha. Like ... everyone's unique... It's just ... how. Gotta look at the substance.

Anyway I hit my head today so I'm feeling a bit off @_@ I'm gonna rip in peace now

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have yet to be really be charmed by ESTP (I'm... apparently kinda immune to ESTPs).

I can never understand why people would think ESTPs are charming tbh.
They're the types that come off as pushy and aggressive (wolf-whistle, say obnoxious things just for the sake of it, brag) and I hardly find that seductive like the stereotypes say. :huh:

I've been hit on by a few and it seems I'm immune as well.
I don't get it.