• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] How to show ENFP partner I love him

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have an ENFP husband. He says to just give the ENFP lots and lots of attention.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Dream along with me. Simple as that. There are too many people in this world that have constantly put down my dreams or told me I think too big, too grand. It's not easy to keep a bright smile when all of my thoughts are put down so readily. Enjoy in the banter, the ideas, the play, that ENFPs can offer. Play, and go along for the ride and hopefully, the two of you will share in some amazing life long adventures.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I want to do this.....

photo.jpg

But they want to do this....

enf_intj.jpg

I just let them. 70% of the time. Ok 80%.

lexiphanic

MBTI Type
intp
Have you considered a career as an artist? I feel like you have a real gift.

lexiphanic

MBTI Type
intp
"BUT I JUST WANT TO LOVE EVERYBODY ALL THE TIME" "I SWEAR I'M NOT CRAZY I JUST LOVE EVERYBODY"

So you... love everybody?

"OMG SO MUCH, ALL I WANT TO DO IS BE LIKE IN LOVE WITH EVERYTHING ALL THE TIEM"

Ok... so that's intersting... so tell me

do you love everybody?

"OMG, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE EVERYBODY" "I JUST WANT TO LOVE EVERYONE, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT? CAN'T YOU SEE HOW FUCKING LOVING I AM?"

No, you're actually pretty mean and passive aggressive....

:mad:

:wubbie:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me, it is feeling understood and loved for who I am that does it. It's like when you get into comfy clothes at the end of the day. At home, I want to be able to do that emotionally too and still feel loved, warts and all. And of course, I'll gladly reciprocate. This includes being able to flip my silly switch, acting goofy and going on a crazy idea- association bender without being told to behave, or being 'managed'/talked down to (how I experience being managed) in a patronising way.

Aside from that, for daily maintenance, I need you to check in with me. I live with an extreme introvert and I do understand him needing to decompress when he comes home - I don't mind at all. But sometime during the night, I'd like to 'connect' for just a bit. It's as simple as just focusing on your partner. It can be done by for instance talking about your day and listening to each other, or just watching a movie together while being held closely. It can be as simple as squeezing your partner's shoulder while they're cooking, for that matter.

It may also be useful to check out what his love languages are. Mine are Touch and Words of Affirmation. Those are the things that make me feel loved the most, though I still appreciate the others very much (Quality Time, Acts of Service, Gifts). It helps if you share one - it becomes easier to express and maintain your love for each other that way.

JayMakaveli

MBTI Type
ENFP
Just smother him/her with absolute love and affection as you would with your fur baby when it pisses outside for the first time ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Want to show an ENFP that you love them?
Tell them.

Just say it. Say it loud. Say it proud. Say it often.

I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I LOVE YOU!

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me, I think my way of wanting to be loved has more to do with my Enneagram 3w2 than it does with my ENFP-ness. While I, like probably any other ENFP, love the feeling of receiving attention and feeling warmth and genuineness radiate from my partner, my Enneagram 3 makes it so that I want my partners to admire me, show me off, brag about me, speak to me in awe of my accomplishments. To me, those types of things show love -- and the kind of love I desire.

What's your/the person in question's Enneagram type? That could have a lot to do with it too!

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I don't have criteria. It just happens

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

MBTI Type
ENFP
Love, attention, and a lot of small or big gestures. Pet me ! Remember the few details when I talk about the past, live the present moment with me and dream with me about a crazy futur. Don't judge me, even if I look or sound crazy. Don't kill my vibe. And above all don't disrespect me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^This.

Too many people are just way too willing to shut you down when you talk about shit like that. It's like deflating all the balloons at a party - it takes the joy out of life :(