• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP is a disease?!

Pandemeria

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think the people here are a little too harsh on the OP.

The OP isn't throwing a pity party, she is obviously depressed.

Poor thing, I'm sorry to hear about those depression and anxiety issues that you went through, how is everything at the moment? I hope you are doing good and I hope you are feeling better. :hug: Anxiety and depression is a battle that can only be overcomed by oneself. You must have enough strong willpower to fight it. Instead of letting anxiety and depression overcome you, you have to use your willpower and fight it away.
Here are some tips to fight depression and anxiety:

1) Come out of the house for at least half an hour every day. Don't coop yourself at home. The fresh air out there would help your depression.
2) Force yourself to come out of your comfort zone and put yourself in situations that you fear at least once a week. The only way to overcome your fears is to face it.
3) Pick up some new hobbies and join some classes. This will help you overcome your anxiety and being busy would also distract you from your depression.
4) Find out the source of your depression. Most of the time depression happens due to external factors, such as family problems, work-related problems, school-related problems.
Ask yourself which of these things is making you depressed, and then eliminate that source out of your life. If it's a toxic job, quit that job. If it's toxic family members, then move out of your house etc. Once you get rid of the source of your depression, your depression will slowly start recovering too.

Good advice! :nice: I've had similar issues, and doing the things on this list really works.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think the people here are a little too harsh on the OP.

The OP isn't throwing a pity party, she is obviously depressed.

Poor thing, I'm sorry to hear about those depression and anxiety issues that you went through, how is everything at the moment? I hope you are doing good and I hope you are feeling better. :hug: Anxiety and depression is a battle that can only be overcomed by oneself. You must have enough strong willpower to fight it. Instead of letting anxiety and depression overcome you, you have to use your willpower and fight it away.
Here are some tips to fight depression and anxiety:

1) Come out of the house for at least half an hour every day. Don't coop yourself at home. The fresh air out there would help your depression.
2) Force yourself to come out of your comfort zone and put yourself in situations that you fear at least once a week. The only way to overcome your fears is to face it.
3) Pick up some new hobbies and join some classes. This will help you overcome your anxiety and being busy would also distract you from your depression.
4) Find out the source of your depression. Most of the time depression happens due to external factors, such as family problems, work-related problems, school-related problems.
Ask yourself which of these things is making you depressed, and then eliminate that source out of your life. If it's a toxic job, quit that job. If it's toxic family members, then move out of your house etc. Once you get rid of the source of your depression, your depression will slowly start recovering too.

its not that she's depressed it's the fact she's trying to say all infps are like this. the title of the freaking thread is "INFP is a disease?!" really? like i said i hate stuff like this. its like no other type can be depressed. and so no it's not harsh because this how typism starts.

Pandemeria

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
its not that she's depressed it's the fact she's trying to say all infps are like this. the title of the freaking thread is "INFP is a disease?!" really? like i said i hate stuff like this. its like no other type can be depressed. and so no it's not harsh because this how typism starts.

I know Celebrity Types claims that INFPs are "Strongly linked to the Avoidant personality; Somewhat linked to the Dependent, Histrionic and Negativistic personalities," if that means anything.

I'm always leery of statistics, especially related to typology, but here are some: 21 Captivating INFP Statistics | BrandonGaille.com

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I know Celebrity Types claims that INFPs are "Strongly linked to the Avoidant personality; Somewhat linked to the Dependent, Histrionic and Negativistic personalities," if that means anything.

I'm always leery of statistics, especially related to typology, but here are some: 21 Captivating INFP Statistics | BrandonGaille.com

things can be linked but this thread is implying that infp as a type is defective. and the thing about depression and anxiety majority of the people i've met have had some form of it, and i'm pretty sure not all of them were INFPs so to say shit like that it's dumb.

Pandemeria

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
things can be linked but this thread is implying that infp as a type is defective. and the thing about depression and anxiety majority of the people i've met have had some form of it, and i'm pretty sure not all of them were INFPs so to say shit like that it's dumb.

Yeah, there's a supposed correlation there, but pretty much anyone is vulnerable with the right combination of genetic and environmental factors.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:horror: :scream: :ack!:

I think I-I-I-I'm catching it, must be my enneagram 4 syndrome that will develop into full INFP only a letter away...

I hope an INFP psychiatrist can cure me...

Pandemeria

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:horror: :scream: :ack!:

I think I-I-I-I'm catching it, must be my enneagram 4 syndrome that will develop into full INFP only a letter away...

I hope an INFP psychiatrist can cure me...

If INFP is the disease, then the opposite must be the cure. Become an ESTJ!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If INFP is the disease, then the opposite must be the cure. Become an ESTJ!

Maybe!
Or since ENFJ is the shadow type... OH NOOOOO- that must mean every ENFJ could contract the INFP disease!:( :aquiver: [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I laughed so freaking hard, I pissed my pants! Ha ha!