• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENF's....what attracts you to INF's? Who initiated?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion. I'm not speaking for anyone else. Unless they want me to..:laugh:

I seem to be more drawn to INFPs than INFJ's, but I feel a great balance of similarities and differences with them. Without ever noticing until recently, the one man I was in love with, my best friend growing up, etc. are all INFPs. I think there's a piece of them that makes me feel safe being myself.. Frequently, I adapt to my environment, and sometimes that makes me feel like I'm never 100% myself. I think that INFPs have an extremely open-armed, accepting way of naturally saying "It's okay. Act hyper one minute and chill the next. I won't treat you any differently." It's extremely comforting to be able to be different facets of myself without someone getting alarmed or weirded out by it. I like how calm and indifferent they can be to the outside world.. it's very soothing. They're like 'base' in a game of tag. I can run all over the place, but once I get back to base, it's all calm again.

INFPs are also very puzzle-like to me. So it seems like, I am always discovering new little quirks, thoughts, or details about them. That's about all I can think of to say..

yep me too. i told my infp guy that he was like my valium. he totally calms me down...not because he's grounded but because he doesn't need me to be...he doesn't need me to be any sort of way...i don't wear him out if i'm hyper and i don't bore him if i'm feelin quiet. we're both so easy going that our days just flow...we don't need plans...we just go from one thing to the next effortlessly...and it never seems to matter what we're doing. we both seem to be exactly where we want to be.

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
he totally calms me down...not because he's grounded but because he doesn't need me to be...he doesn't need me to be any sort of way...i don't wear him out if i'm hyper and i don't bore him if i'm feelin quiet. we're both so easy going that our days just flow...we don't need plans...we just go from one thing to the next effortlessly...and it never seems to matter what we're doing. we both seem to be exactly where we want to be.

That sounds amazing, I want an infp guy now...

My dad is infp and we're really close, so I can sorta see what you're talking about. I've never met another male infp before irl, though =(

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'll have to remind my SO about how in-demand INFPs are!

paddington bear

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think my ENF friends like my ability to just hear them. they don't necessarily want advice but they def want to feel like someone is listenting to them and validating their feelings at times. Since (at least INFPs) are so non-judgmental, we're a "safe place" for the ENFs :) and tend to wrap them in an emotional big warm hug when they need it and we are so laid-back that we can just go along with the ENFs and wile away the time talking or not talking, just hanging out without agenda. we just "get" eachother. My ENF friends and sister really appreciate my quirkiness as well. I think it's b/c they secretly fly a freak flag but aren't as demonstrative about it. My pecadillos just fascinate (in a pleasing way) my ENF friends and family.