• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics Reading Material

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't know much about Socionics, and I have a hard time finding good stuff on it. I have read some things that seem superior to MBTI, but other stuff is usually just really shitty translations online. Where can the uninitiated find some quality material on Socionics?

Also, if there is anything I should keep in mind when exploring it?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This site is pretty good: http://www.socionics.us/

I wouldn't recommend www.socionics.com Too much emphasis on physical characteristics correlating with type.

Socionics defines the dichotomies and functions somewhat differently than MBTI. Some talk of the J/P switch in introverts. An MBTI INTP is a socionics INTj; an MBTI ISTJ is a socionics ISTp. Maybe true for some but others are the same type in both systems. Also I've known MBTI INTPs who are socionics ENTps and other combinations like that. There isn't a 1:1 correspondence. Socionics goes in alot more depth discussing relationships. The duality relationship is the most ideal one (reverse all letters except j/p).