• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Black and death metal

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You can hate something and still not be a F. Everyone has feelings and emotions.

I've met,interviewed Kerry king. He's a istp. He's practice practice till perfect. It's all technical for him.
He's very hands on the way he talks about his reptiles he sale and breeds. Also heavily into football watching and playing for fun. Wants things done now. Most things he's talks about are factual and not abstract. Just strikes me istp. Me being a STP also helps.

I base my typings off of interviews and biographies.

You also say a tj critic MIGHT. That's the key word which implies the tj doesn't have to which goes back to the hate thing I brought up earlier

Also just check out gaahl interview on headbangers journey and the documentary on vice. Just screams intj.

Also I won't change your mind and you won't change mine. As most of this is just speculative in general. But it's good to see that someone loves metal.

I'm actually leaning towards ESFJ for Kerry King. That goes with all the factual stuff you mentioned, and explains the practice mentality even better.

Again, I don't know what you mean by Gaahl being INTJ. I don't know what idea of INTJ you're trying to say that he represents. He seemed like an Fe+Ti user to me by the qualities of his voice in conjunction with what he's saying. His vocal pushing is emotive - like I said, it's a sinister form of emoting which you might not associate with Fe, but sinister-ness isn't really associated with any function. And it seems like he weighs things up internally according to their correctness of truth, not by his personal feelings. His feelings project outwards, not introject inwards.

And yes everyone has emotions and so forth, just like anyone can hate humanity. These are trends, and I don't know that the trend you picked up was valid (not that a trend matters when we're dealing with an individual case).

And yes, I've been enjoying delving into the typology of the metal scene these past couple days.

edit: and also related to what I was just saying about Gaahl, I think Phil Anselmo is ESFP because, along with what seems to be a highly prominent Se, he seems to weigh things up internally according to personal feelings and project his thoughts outwards in a direct/logical fashioin. It wasn't no much that I typed him as "Feeler" but that I typed him as "Te+Fi".

I'm going mostly by functions with all of these. I'm good at determining Fe+Ti versus Fi+Te, but not as good at determining Ne+Si versus Ni+Se, though I can still pick those up to a degree, but there is some sense in which I'm like "yep, most likely intuitive" and go with that.

edit2: which means, by the way, that you could potentially change my mind - or at least prompt me to revisit the case and potentially change my own mind - regarding the N/S dichotomies on most of these because I'm being more heuristic than concrete there, but the F/T axis I'm unsure of.

Another change that I would be willing to make is the entire last 3 letters, or all 4, because then they'd be still showing the same functions, just in a different order, and I only saw a manifestation of function order in some of these, so there is definitely room for error and correction.

edit3: And one last thing: based on the post you wrote that I quoted in this post, I do think you're an ISTP, so this has prompted me to reconsider what the fanbase of metal would consist of, typologically speaking