User Tag List

Default Metal musicians and genres

Hey everyone.
    Was wondering what would you all type metal musicians from any metal band?
    Such as nergal from behemoth,Mikael akerfeldt from opeth, abbath from immortal. These are the ones I'm wondering but any musician typed is fine.
    Also I doubt there is any correlation between genres and type but what would you all type metal genres?(black,death,power etc..)
    Likes Fay liked this post

Lemmy LSE-Te 8w7

Ozzy 6w7

Marilyn Manson 4w5

Fred Durst ILE 7w8

Those are few I can think of. I know Manson isn't really metal but it's close enough and Fred Durst is a rapper but he plays for a metal band so stfu...
    Last edited by Typh0n; 12-25-2017 at 06:20 AM.

Black metal is mostly favored by Ni/Se types and Fi+Te types. I'd expect most of them to be INTJs, ISFPs, ESFPs and ENTJs, with maybe a few really dark INFJs. Immortal is pretty poserish tbh, so I wouldn't be surprised with Ni+Fe was involved. Opeth is more personal, dark and raw, less image focused so I'd say Fi+Se for them, with some decent Ni involved as well.

I can type Varg Virknes if you're interested, he's an ISTP. IDK how much more of this music you listen to I'm honestly into more into melodic death and folk than black metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Black metal is mostly favored by Ni/Se types and Fi+Te types. I'd expect most of them to be INTJs, ISFPs, ESFPs and ENTJs, with maybe a few really dark INFJs. Immortal is pretty poserish tbh, so I wouldn't be surprised with Ni+Fe was involved. Opeth is more personal, dark and raw, less image focused so I'd say Fi+Se for them, with some decent Ni involved as well.

I can type Varg Virknes if you're interested, he's an ISTP. IDK how much more of this music you listen to I'm honestly into more into melodic death and folk than black metal.

I love all types of metal.
    I mainly listen to black,power metal and melo death as well.
    Ive seen varg typed INTJ before so this is a first to see ISTP and I would like to know whats your reason for ISTP.
    I can see this typing also.

I always wondered which types you would find in metal genres. Obviously metal has all types in it. But are there certain types that would be found in abundance in certain genres?

Death metal to me seems ISTP or ESTP
    Power metal seems ESFP