User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy Death Note?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm INTP and I'm loving it

46 23.35%
  • I'm INTP and it's not my cup of tea

8 4.06%
  • I'm INTJ and I'm loving it

28 14.21%
  • I'm INTJ and it's not my cup of tea

6 3.05%
  • I'm ENTP and I'm loving it

10 5.08%
  • I'm ENTP and it's not my cup of tea

4 2.03%
  • I'm ENTJ and I'm loving it

7 3.55%
  • I'm ENTJ and it's not my cup of tea

0 0%
  • I'm INFP and I'm loving it

27 13.71%
  • I'm INFP and it's not my cup of tea

8 4.06%
  • I'm INFJ and I'm loving it

19 9.64%
  • I'm INFJ and it's not my cup of tea

1 0.51%
  • I'm ENFP and I'm loving it

13 6.60%
  • I'm ENFP and it's not my cup of tea

3 1.52%
  • I'm ENFJ and I'm loving it

2 1.02%
  • I'm ENFJ and it's not my cup of tea

0 0%
  • I'm S and I'm loving it

14 7.11%
  • I'm S and it's not my cup of tea

1 0.51%
First 4567816 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I've never heard of the cartoon until Mycroft's typing thread of the characters, but if it's anime, then it must be crap.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I've never heard of the cartoon until Mycroft's typing thread of the characters, but if it's anime, then it must be crap.
    Actually you are going to love it, but it's your loss if you are going to be that prejudiced.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Actually you are going to love it, but it's your loss if you are going to be that prejudiced.
    Methinks he's trolling. Don't take the bait.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Anime is hard for me to watch with all the flashing lights and rough animation. Now if it's made into a live-action big-budget movie (like Transformers or James Cameron's upcoming Avatar), then I'll consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Methinks he's trolling. Don't take the bait.
    No, I was just confirming my vote in writing. Carry on...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Moved from A&E.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Anime is hard for me to watch with all the flashing lights and rough animation. Now if it's made into a live-action big-budget movie (like Transformers or James Cameron's upcoming Avatar), then I'll consider it.
    As far as I can remember, there isn't a lot of flashing lights in Death Note, the series is rather dark. I think the animation of the series is a delight, but sure, if you are allergic to rough... You can see the first ten minutes of the series here (just to get an idea of the animation): YouTube - Death note episode 1 part 1

A live-action movie (Japanese) has been made, but it sucks. The special effects are just awful, and the acting as well, so you would surely dislike it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

A live-action movie (Japanese) has been made, but it sucks. The special effects are just awful, and the acting as well, so you would surely dislike it.
    Well, I saw about 3 minutes of it, and I've seen enough.

Now America needs to make a live-action movie with expensive special effects, preferably in the English language.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    I agree. Being a psychopath probably confounds type. I've always wondered if it was possible for a psychopath to even be an F, since being a psychopath requires that you can't empathize with other people's pain.
    As an F I would say that no I could not go and directly kill someone without feeling bad about it. However, the beauty of the Death Note is that you have no part in their actual act of dying except that you initiated/decided it. It's like hiring the "cosmic forces" to do the dirty work for you. I could definitely see an F falling victim to that sort of convenience.

I'm bringing this up to bring up a point about Light's character. (I just got finished watching the first episode and I searched out to see if there were any posts around! ^^ I got the vibe that he had INFJ preferences. He initially felt a strong amount of guilt but then he rationalized it by thinking that he is doing the right thing for everyone's good. He believes that he will be a trustworthy "god" over the world; and he wants some kind of recognition/kudos because of it (typical of INFJs). He mentioned that he wanted people to know that someone is casting judgment on the wicked. I recall a couple of posts about INFJs that went over the idea that INFJs tend to wish they could control other people's minds and live in a way that emulates their "vision". It seems like he has a great opportunity to learn an important lesson.

I could see how he could have a thinking preference though, so maybe INTJs have a similar type of behavior. I am definitely about to go watch more episodes and maybe I could get some more insight into his character. I have a feeling that he would respond with the same level of emotional panic he did when he killed the first to people if he were to encounter the mourning family of one of those he cast judgment on. He has a cold exterior and I think he also has a warm interior that he is denying so that he can follow through with his "vision". Then again, I must admit that it is a cartoon and I could be thinking too deeply about this.

Even if he is not an INFJ, I also have another gut feeling that this series will deliver a lesson about the consequences of trying to control the world through casting judgments. A valuable lesson worth pondering, in my opinion.

edit: Also, I would like to call to attention the scene in episode 4 where he in a sense "counsels" Ryuk. He tells him that he should take what he learns in the human realm and apply it to the Shinigami's world to make it a better place. Though I do want to add that since Japanese culture has significant differences from ours (they're collectivists and we're individualistic) I'm sure that there are some things that should be considered that I might not be aware of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm an INFJ and I love it. I often imagine myself having this kind of ability to "cleanse" the world, so this storyline hits quite close to home and helps me illustrate the errors in this kind of thinking.

My best friend's INTJ boyfriend also loves it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Merged similar threads
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii