• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Xena: Warrior Princess

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
seems ESTP on the show, yeah. I guess. ISTP in history :) I tend to mix the two up and then side with history, in my head.

The reason I give Xena an "I" is because of the way the fought against Gabrielle traveling with her at the start of the series. I know she led armies and things before, but she was also an evil version of herself who was simply using others to get what she wanted. Also, despite her gaining the rep she gained throughout the years, her traveling party was never larger than 4, even counting Argo the horse.

Eh, but she's clearly an in-charge type, which would mean ESTP (or ESTJ, though I think ESTP is a better guess.) If she were ISTP she'd be chart-the-course, and, well, she just straight-up doesn't seem that way. She's a gung-ho leader of armies (even while she's not evil), not a quiet, calculating person who only takes charge when no one else will (or is able to) do so.

Also, while I can see the ISTP typing for Xena because of the whole loner thing (even if I don't agree), I definitely don't see it for Ares. He's as ESTP as they get.

Pansophie

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
I don't see Xena as being a "gung-ho" leader when she is balanced and in her positive mode. She actually seems pretty resistant to the role and only takes charge when it's life or death. Granted much of the show is life or death, but there are enough instances throughout the series to build her complex character. Remember, E vs I is about where a person gathers their strength. Xena clearly collects hers when she is alone, or with one other trusted person. I guess what I'm saying is, leader doesn't necessary mean E. Leaders very often actually feel very alone. Even when evil and commanding armies, Xena would retreat to her luxurious tent to hang out with a singular person. On that note, her entire adult life can be mapped by her singular human obsessions. First it was Julius, then it was M'Lila, then Borias, then Lao Ma, and Gabrielle. Oh and the Japanese girl somewhere in there.

I've watched Xena all the way through about 5 times :) hate to be so nerdy :/

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Xena: ?STP 8w7 Sx/Sp
Gabrielle: ENFP 6w7 or 9w1 Sx/So

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Eh, but she's clearly an in-charge type, which would mean ESTP (or ESTJ, though I think ESTP is a better guess.) If she were ISTP she'd be chart-the-course, and, well, she just straight-up doesn't seem that way. She's a gung-ho leader of armies (even while she's not evil), not a quiet, calculating person who only takes charge when no one else will (or is able to) do so.

Also, while I can see the ISTP typing for Xena because of the whole loner thing (even if I don't agree), I definitely don't see it for Ares. He's as ESTP as they get.

I agree with your Aries comment. Aries is the poster-child ESTP. Anyway, I'm starting to think Xena may be ENTJ because she is Te as hell in that show, makes very quick decisions, and orders people around right and left. She's also a brilliant military strategist. In addition, she also has a very strong Se.

Pansophie

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
Xena: ?STP 8w7 Sx/Sp
Gabrielle: ENFP 6w7 or 9w1 Sx/So

Agree with you. Gabrielle is the perfect ENFP, with pretty balanced S in there. Remember how she's also kind of a bard? She thought she wanted to be one here and there, even participating in contests and such. So close to the ESFP Performer, but not quite. Her calling was more NFish in the end.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Agree with you. Gabrielle is the perfect ENFP, with pretty balanced S in there. Remember how she's also kind of a bard? She thought she wanted to be one here and there, even participating in contests and such. So close to the ESFP Performer, but not quite. Her calling was more NFish in the end.

Again. Gabrielle is an ENFP poster-child.

KDude

This show is a guilty pleasure.

ISTP for Xena and ENFP Gabrielle

I like Xena. She's got a "F" mindset at times, but it's because she's a reformed screwup. Gabrielle kind of opens up her mind too. The whole show is about finding redemption, unlike Hercules who defies evens the gods from birth. He's more of a natural do gooder.

Agreed on Ares as ESTP. The actor was really cheesy, but I'm bummed that he died.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I remember Xena as estj and Gabriella as infp. Been awhile though

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
This show is a guilty pleasure.

ISTP for Xena and ENFP Gabrielle

I like Xena. She's got a "F" mindset at times, but it's because she's a reformed screwup. Gabrielle kind of opens up her mind too. The whole show is about finding redemption, unlike Hercules who defies evens the gods from birth. He's more of a natural do gooder.

Agreed on Ares as ESTP. The actor was really cheesy, but I'm bummed that he died.

Damn. I didn't know he died. I just looked it up and he died after falling from a prop tower in 2002, that sucks. No wonder I haven't seen him in anything else since then.