• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this is accurate. Nothing can puncture the bubble. Anything critical is fake news, plus many never acknowledge watching or hearing news at all. No faults, never made a mistake, not responsible for anything. And anyone who's ever dealt with this kind of narcissism can certainly identify it instantly.

And just like when dealing with this kind of narcissism in one's own life, actively trying to puncture the bubble is precisely what makes it stronger - they've had a lifetime of practice in spinning anything intended to puncture the bubble into something to use to their advantage. The only way to get rid of a narcissist irl is to ignore everything that can be ignored, and to address that which must be addressed (e.g. laying down boundaries) as matter-of-factly as possible - with clear consequences, so that nothing they do will incite fighting or rage, only unwanted consequences for themselves. The only thing they find unbearable is not being worth any attention at all, and if they can't get a rise out of you then they leave you alone (because feeling invisible/absolutely unimportant is so unbearable that they start to just not actually even see you).

Every book I've read on narcissism suggests this, as a way to fall of a narcissist's radar. What's frustrating is that there's no way to apply that here.

eta: But anyway, the way that media personalities and whatnot try to puncture the bubble only makes it stronger.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Access Denied

edit:
LOL not sure why that's the default text for the bls link, but whatever

During the recovery, the labor force participation rates for White men and women continued to decline, but have leveled off in recent years.

I gotta wonder by how exactly you can claim something is a "recovery" when labor force participation is going down. Why is the most important metric of a "strong economy" some bullshit with the stock market? That doesn't affect most people directly,.

Edit: nevermind, that started to even out the last few years before that was published. I do remember hearing at the time, though, a lot of talk about recovery when unemployment hadn't really changed. It doesn't seem to be reflected within the long term trends reflected in this particular paper, though.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
I gotta wonder by how exactly you can claim something is a "recovery" when labor force participation is going down. Why is the most important metric of a "strong economy" some bullshit with the stock market? That doesn't affect most people directly,.

I really have to sleep soon for shit i have to do in the morning. I'll be honest I didn't read the whole article, merely glanced over the graphs to reaffirm history, and read the summary.

I think Obama is overrated on some things, but economic recovery shouldn't be one of them imo.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I really have to sleep soon for shit i have to do in the morning. I'll be honest I didn't read the whole article, merely glanced over the graphs to reaffirm history, and read the summary.

I think Obama is overrated on some things, but economic recovery shouldn't be one of them imo.

Yeah, I was a little hasty in ranting about that. I made an edit to my post above.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no worries mate.

these sort of things should be about reaching a consensus rather than attempting to destroy opposing views.

It should show, though, that I have no sense of "bias" that causes me to apply some different standard to Obama or not criticize him. I would agree that people like that exist, but I would certainly argue that it would be incorrect to think that everyone who thinks Trump should be impeached is one of those people.

In any event, America bombs civilians all the time, Congress isn't going to impeach a President for that, or they would have pretty much impeached every President since airplane bombing existed. I'm not sure how drone strikes are worse than the stuff pretty much every administration since the end of WWII has done. I'm not making the argument that the strikes were good, but rather that it just represents business as usual. I can't really see how not bringing that up counts as a "double standard", since lots of other Presidents have done that kind of thing.

I also don't support the way Obama handled Edward Snowden (and you can back in time and find me making pro-Snowden posts) or his Wall Street bailouts, but again, that's just business as usual. It's unfortunate because he campaigned on change, I suppose, but I never bought into that too much to begin with. I did not vote for him or Hillary in the primary. But you know what? The fact that Obama did those things does not somehow make Trump a super awesome guy just because he "shakes up the system." Maybe "shaking up the system" would be good if he showed signs of replacing it with something better, but he does not, and I never thought he would. Sorry, but I don't have to follow a cult of personality just because Obama also did things that weren't good.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, any takes on Trump repeatedly declaring he's ready and willing to commit war crimes and violate the Geneva convention?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, any takes on Trump repeatedly declaring he's ready and willing to commit war crimes and violate the Geneva convention?

What war crimes lol? The guy was a terrorist, and listed under as such by Obama. He has killed and humiliated americal soldiers. Is responsible for many IED bombings, and has attacked American operations for years. He got what was coming. While I am not happy about the possibility of war, this man was NOT a good guy. Anyone trying to defend him on the media, and lie to the public is literally insane. He is America's enemy, people are defending a terrorist just to prove how much they hate Trump. This shit is disgusting.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What war crimes lol? The guy was a terrorist, and listed under as such by Obama. He has killed and humiliated americal soldiers. Is responsible for many IED bombings, and has attacked American operations for years. He got what was coming. While I am not happy about the possibility of war, this man was NOT a good guy. Anyone trying to defend him on the media, and lie to the public is literally insane. He is America's enemy, people are defending a terrorist just to prove how much they hate Trump. This shit is disgusting.

I was referring to his repeated threats of hitting civilian targets including cultural heritage sites. That is not just highly unethical but against international law.

Also, not so sure about the killing of Suleimani.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was referring to his repeated threats of hitting civilian targets including cultural heritage sites. That is not just highly unethical but against international law.

Oh, yeah if he hits civillian or cultural sites. Even I wont be happy. I think thats probably just to intimidate Iran though, hopefully.

Sorry I jumped the gun.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I think the dems should have waited on impeachment. This would be the ideal thing to impeach him on.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the dems should have waited on impeachment. This would be the ideal thing to impeach him on.

They can add articles if need be.

The whole thing's been a crapshoot in terms of when to do it with the 2020 election looming. And, maybe it's a moot point with this particular individual, but in general you can't sit around wondering what they might do next that you could impeach them on, you impeach them on what they have done. (It's simply that "Odds Seem Likely" for the magic 8 Ball response to this person about indulging in impeachable behavior.)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

They can add it. Probably the one smart thing they have done is to keep going with investigating and blame Mitch McConnell for refusing to take any action on anything.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I heard lots of people screaming about the Taliban destroying 3000 year old Buddhas and ISIS destroying the temples at Nineva but I hear very little from them now. Weird huh?