• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Jaguar

The GOP’s defense of Trump has me sinking into cynicism

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...f9caba-fc03-11e9-8190-6be4deb56e01_story.html

Unless you were paying close attention, you might have missed one of the most illuminating moments so far in President Trump’s impeachment saga.

During Army Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman’s testimony Tuesday before House impeachment investigators, he said: “I realized that if Ukraine pursued an investigation into the Bidens and Burisma, it would likely be interpreted as a partisan play which would undoubtedly result in Ukraine losing the bipartisan support it has thus far maintained. This would all undermine U.S. national security.”

It is the second sentence that cuts. Vindman not only argued that Trump’s crude and obvious quid pro quo was inappropriate. As a regional expert, Vindman was concerned also that Trump’s actions would weaken support for a front-line country resisting Russian aggression and thus compromise U.S. security interests.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Have you seen McCarthy's defense speech in the House today? It was completely removed from reality.

They're all fucking removed from reality. But this was my favorite. Oh yes, that bastion of free elections and adherence to constitutional law, The Soviet Union.

scalise-rep-steve-1200x711.jpg

Nicodemus

They're all fucking removed from reality. But this was my favorite. Oh yes, that bastion of free elections and adherence to constitutional law, The Soviet Union.

scalise-rep-steve-1200x711.jpg
This level of hypocrisy makes me quite angry. Thankfully, history will remember them as worthless cowards and fools.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Perhaps you should ask Michael Gerson.

You were the one who said the thing about defense of Trump causing you to sink into cynicism. Surprise about such things make me think people have not been paying attention for at least the past 20 years.

Jaguar

You were the one who said the thing about defense of Trump causing you to sink into cynicism. Surprise about such things make me think people have not been paying attention for at least the past 20 years.

I said no such thing. It's the title of the article. Here, allow me to enlarge the letters at the top of the article for you.

Opinions

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I said no such thing. It's the title of the article. Here, allow me to enlarge the letters at the top of the article for you.

Opinions

You don't know how to change the text of a URL link without changing the link itself?

Lark

Donald Chump.

This isnt the best the US can do. History tells us that at least.

rav3n

Trump's getting impeached. That's a fact. Whether he'll be removed from office or not, is another issue. The Senate Republicans will likely block the removal, hence set themselves up for being punted from office in the 2020 GE. They're likely hoping and 'praying' for foreign hacking into voting machines, in order to retain their seats.

Nicodemus

Trump's getting impeached. That's a fact. Whether he'll be removed from office or not, is another issue. The Senate Republicans will likely block the removal, hence set themselves up for being punted from office in the 2020 GE. They're likely hoping and 'praying' for foreign hacking into voting machines, in order to retain their seats.
McConnell refused to stop the Russians from interfereing in 2016. It is only consistent to invite them again next time.