User Tag List

First 182627282930 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

“Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.” — Isaiah 26:4
    “All men by nature desire to know” ~ Aristotle
    Likes The Cat, Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    LGBT
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx

I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

Likes Siúil a Rún liked this post

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea Captain View Post
    If we exist as past, present, future states of self only as perceived in linear progressions of time as non-existence, existence, death. What if time is not linear and we are in this moment both existing and non-existing and will always be, have always been in this state? What if change in condition of life or death is viewing one fragment or another of the constant whole? What if it's casting a shadow from different sides of the same constant?

MBTI
    LGBT
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Powehi View Post
    If we exist as past, present, future states of self only as perceived in linear progressions of time as non-existence, existence, death. What if time is not linear and we are in this moment both existing and non-existing and will always be, have always been in this state? What if change in condition of life or death is viewing one fragment or another of the constant whole? What if it's casting a shadow from different sides of the same constant?

I just hope there's rest and understanding to be found

For the cat is cryptic,

Likes Siúil a Rún liked this post

I find it extremely unlikely that we transcend to an endless afterlife of peace. If there is another stage after this there will be challenges to overcome and new lessons to learn. The caterpillar faces trials and tribulations and so too will the butterfly.
    ”The Future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses.”

MBTI
    LGBT
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx

For the cat is cryptic,

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I have not seen my reflection since the fallening.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

On the night when I ran out of the house screaming in my mother's robe, that night, what I did after, tumbling down the hill...grabbing...falling in the puddle then getting up.

That night so long ago. I confess.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

Con't from #268
    I realize that The word prophet is rather ambiguous. People may understand it only as person who foretells future event but people may also understand it only as a spokesperson. While it is easy to find sermon where christian discuss prophecy on youtube this one,this one,this one I can hardly find the same for the muslim. Most of the video that appears seem to be christian's sermon. I translated the english word prophecy into Bahasa: "nubuat", and the result is the same, most of the sermon delivered by Christian. I don't think that most of Muslim in the country I live in understand prophet in the sense of person who foretell future event like the christian; they probably understand prophet in the sense of spokesperson instead or worse they may not even understand any definition of prophet at all. In addition, Since Muhammad's prophecy (if he was to be understood also as person who foretells a future event in addition to spokesperson) is rarely discussed among most sermons that I have attended, if you raise the question what is the prophecy in the sense of future event that foretold by Muhammad as prophet, probably many muslim in the country I live in can't give you the answer.

I was looking for verse where the word prophet can't be understood in the sense of a person who foretell future event;only in the sense of spokesperson. I have found two from Hebrew Bible and Koran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Ch28:15 English translation
    And Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you roused me, to bring me up?" And Saul said, "I am greatly distressed, and the Philistines are battling against me, and God has turned away from me, and has not answered me anymore, neither through the prophets, nor through dreams. And I have called you to let me know what I shall do."
    source
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Baqarah:247 english translation
    And their prophet said unto those elders: 237 "Behold, now God has raised up Saul to be your king." They said: "How can he have dominion over us when we have a better claim to dominion than he, and he has not [even] been endowed with abundant wealth?" [The prophet] replied: "Behold, God has exalted him above you, and endowed him abundantly with knowledge and bodily perfection. And God bestows His dominion 238 upon whom He wills: for God is infinite, all-knowing."
    source

In this two verse, Prophet means Spokesperson. The word Prophet in these verses can't be understood as someone who foretells future event.
    Last edited by typologyenthusiast; 10-14-2020 at 03:45 AM.

You see lots of content online of still functioning Shaolin monasteries and orphanages, armies of people training, its not just a circus act and as many are dedicated to meditation and mental training too.

Yet you see nothing, nothing at all, like it resembling the western monastic traditions, I know its not simply because of the martial arts training dimensions and differing spirituality.

I've made a serious study of some of the revelations that have emerged about western religious communities abuse scandals, financial scandals, other sorts of authoritarian corruptions and I can understand why some of them are experiencing aftershocks and being threatened with ruin, sometimes I think it would be entirely understandable if they disappeared altogether.

Although, that said, I think there is nothing which has emerged or is emerging that can rival those institutions and traditions purposes, I dont think that individual, private purposes can entirely answer the needs that they did or do. Like some sort of MMA or gym-kata combined with reading philosophy and riffing on therapy isnt going to do it, at least I dont think so.

Plus, ideology is a real bad substitute. A real bad one.