User Tag List

First 444525354555664 Last

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i don't have a religion, but i *feel* that there's something more to life...

YouTube - Boston- More than A Feeling

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Atheists

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

I feel strong affinities for Eastern Orthodox Christianity and the concept of theosis as well as the praxis it requires.
    Similarly (although a bit paradoxically, yet it comes out coherent in my head), I have strong affinities with zen buddhism.

I have a good opinion on Catholicism as it has been a great provider for the arts (the indulgence system was pure genius), as well as of Shinto (I like their architecture and relationship with nature).

I live a rather agnostic secular lifestyle, and while I've had some moments of enlightenment that induced faith, I still haven't taken the step of becoming genuinely religious.
    Maybe I am afraid that I will onto something if I do... Is my instinct on this right?
    Because, in a way, by not applying any religious practice in my life, I could also very well be missing out on what would be the most important if it happens that my faith is not an illusion.
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

Inner peace & balance to still function in a modern dog eat dog society.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I worship the sun. When I wake in the morning I can see it.

The sun is powerful enough to illuminate the moon at night.

I know it's always there.

Without the sun and the materials of creation from the stars!

None of us would exist.

Worshipping the sun follows the KISS principle and I like that concept very much.

The sun sets a good example in keeping a routine. It is very constant in it's patterns and behaviors.

The sun did not choose to favor a specific plant, animal, or rock over all others.

The sun even shines on a dog's ass sometimes.

It is the giver of life.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I believe that everything is a surprise and it's just meant to be that way.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    I live a rather agnostic secular lifestyle, and while I've had some moments of enlightenment that induced faith, I still haven't taken the step of becoming genuinely religious.
    Maybe I am afraid that I will onto something if I do... Is my instinct on this right?
    Yes. I think there are lots of people who feel like that. If you come to know, you cannot go back to not knowing, and knowing makes you responsible. If you then don't fulfil the responsibility, it weighs down on your mind and conscience. So it's tempting to avoid asking any questions in the first place and continue with the distractions and entertainment that the agnostic secular lifestyle offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    Because, in a way, by not applying any religious practice in my life, I could also very well be missing out on what would be the most important if it happens that my faith is not an illusion.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen View Post
    I'm a muslim. And my religion is Islam.
    This.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm not an anything but i believe in something, probably more like a universal power of being rather than a singular or multiple God/Gods.
    I tend to get quite into ideas and philosophies rather than organized religion.
    Reincarnation be it scientific or spiritual has an appeal.
    My partner would be in the direction of Zoroastrianism and i find it an interesting & attractive philosophy.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

The Enlightenment

The Enlightenment disposed of religion and they never forgave us.

So we are pursued by jihad. We are pursued by blind belief. Some say we are pursued by the Hound of Heaven.

And they continue to hound even cartoonists.

But the Enlightenment gave us the modern world, and it looks like it is here to stay.