• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the worst emotion?

Tomb1

probably the emotion that goes with visually witnessing in real-time and in close proximity to the sight of a spouse/parent/son/daughter killed in a brutal accident...

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You post is getting a lot of responses. I'm sorry this happened to you, but I know it happens a lot with people socially. I wonder why. What would be the point of pretending to be nice? Did they get something else out of it like money, social positioning, or something else? Or maybe they were expecting to get something from you that you didn't offer them, and so they got mad? I have noticed that some people like relationships to fill their expectations, which can be quite demanding in some cases. Sometimes people expect to have control, and then when they don't, they aren't happy about it. Politeness can avert conflict, but actively hanging out of giving compliments for pretends doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure you are better off without that nonsense.

That original question is important. Why? Why would someone pretend to be nice if they don't like someone?

It could also partially be one's own fault in perception on how well you get along with someone. Then they being anti-confrontational and avoidant makes for a volitile mix. Being online makes you unable to read body language as well, so when someone says nice things. You have to take it at face value and trust that's what they mean. You can't see them with a frustrated expression, or an averted gaze. I actually think online interaction is harder for some types of personalitys. Then for the people who do it to gain something, it is only a matter of time before they reveal themselves.

I personally dislike mind games, and like people just being straight with me. I'd rather be rejected outright, then buttered up to first.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Any emotion can be toxic if it's ceased to serve you- if you serve it instead. Unless I'm mistaken it's the fundamental gateway to addiction.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
The absence of pure love. Searching time, and time again...and not finding it anywhere besides the one place you won't go because you refuse to adhere to a book you don't believe in.

EDIT:
Well...no, that's not quite true. It's just been rare as fuck.