• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help from anyone who used ParentingbyTemperament.com

nharkey

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am posting here because I get a lot of referrals from typologycentral to my website and thought someone here might be able to help with a possible hacker problem. About a week ago we put out a press release. The following day there were 225 hits from the Pomona area which appeared to come from my IP address, but it was not me. From that day on, the number of daily hits dropped like a rock, and no one has taken our childhood sorters since then. My question is--has anyone in this forum tried to use the website (Parenting by Temperament: Strengthening bonds of love and understanding) and encountered any problem in doing so? I can still use it so that doesn't tell me anything. Any information would be greatly appreciated. You can reach me through this forum thread or at nharkey2@gmail.com

Thanks for any help!

janetfdoss

Will you tell us briefly that what is the actual problem with your site? I could not understand your problem here.

nharkey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks for your reply. The problem is that something is wrong and we don't know what it is. We have years of records and know pretty well how many visit the site each day and how many take our sorters each day. In one week, visitors have dropped to about 20% of normal and no sorters have been taken for a full week. I just thought that if anyone here had tried to use the site and had problems, that this would help me to understand what has gone wrong. I am able to get on it myself, so that doesn't give me any information. I have wondered about hacking, but can't imagine how that would produce these results. As I noted above, when this began last week I had an extraordinary number of hits from one local area, from someone or someones using the same IP that I have. This was followed by all the precipitous dropoffs in hits and sorters taken.

janetfdoss

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that something is wrong and we don't know what it is. We have years of records and know pretty well how many visit the site each day and how many take our sorters each day. In one week, visitors have dropped to about 20% of normal and no sorters have been taken for a full week. I just thought that if anyone here had tried to use the site and had problems, that this would help me to understand what has gone wrong. I am able to get on it myself, so that doesn't give me any information. I have wondered about hacking, but can't imagine how that would produce these results. As I noted above, when this began last week I had an extraordinary number of hits from one local area, from someone or someones using the same IP that I have. This was followed by all the precipitous dropoffs in hits and sorters taken.

It could be a google hit or maybe you are right about hacking whatsoever. Have you found the problem?

DaftGuru

?

What if people just haven't been interested in your site as of late?